NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

The Pokémon that leaked yesterday, which was talked about over in the Let’s Go thread, is now appearing in GO after the Chikorita event, and in increasing numbers. 

Spoiler

mysterypokemon.jpg

It transforms into Ditto when captured.

Well they didn't pull it so it was either a deliberate marketing stunt  or they decided to roll with it. Chikorita got upstaged.

It looks like it's a stage 1 so it might evolve.

Did my first two raids yesterday where I met up with other people to bring down Mewtwo. Failed to capture him both times though despite lots of Golden Raspberry and Excellent throw combos :(

It’s official!

character-1@2x.png

Many reports have come in about sightings of Ditto in Pokémon GO that have transformed into Meltan. The number of sightings has significantly decreased over the past few days, but it appears these "Meltan" are still appearing in various areas.

Research is being conducted on these appearances of Meltan, but we have learned that Pokémon GO is somehow key to meeting this curious new Pokémon in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! We’ll be sure to provide updates as we discover more!

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

I have to say I’ve liked the way this was introduced. It was all people were talking bout after the end of community day, and whether it was an error or not by Niantic (personally I think it was great and they meant to do it) it certainly got the community talking. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

I have to say I’ve liked the way this was introduced. It was all people were talking bout after the end of community day, and whether it was an error or not by Niantic (personally I think it was great and they meant to do it) it certainly got the community talking. 

Yeah, I spoke about this in the Let’s Go thread too, it was such a smart move, and I agree that it seems like it was done purposefully. This is the kind of brand synergy that I love to see, and having speculation be about this new Pokémon being found in GO is a very smart yet simple way to add some speculation to conversations pertaining to Let’s Go, which there isn’t much to speculate about in all honesty.

I think that it was great to see the community in GO be even more involved with the larger Pokémon community than they typically are, and given that Pokémon has been relatively quiet lately, I’m just glad that there was something to talk about.

I’d love for them to continue with similar marketing for next year’s games. Maybe don’t have them necessarily be found in GO, but perhaps have a “Who’s that Pokémon?”-esque silhouette be found on the official website and the GO loading screens, so that the communities (which of course do already have some overlap) continue to interact, and everyone continues to be on the same page regarding such news.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

Still haven’t hatched a Tauros :cry: yall need to send more eggs. Is there anyone I haven’t added yet?

The Meltan reveal was pretty cool. I was playing when he first started appearing, there were loads on the screen.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Still haven’t hatched a Tauros :cry: yall need to send more eggs. Is there anyone I haven’t added yet?

I don't have Tauros either. Hatched a Farfetch'd yesterday, but I already had one :smile:

I kid you not I have 7 Kangaskhans and 6 Farfetch'd. It's like Destiny Y1 raids all over again.

That said I did just get a Taurus this morning after whinging so that's done and dusted :p

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shorty said:

I kid you not I have 7 Kangaskhans and 6 Farfetch'd. It's like Destiny Y1 raids all over again.

That said I did just get a Taurus this morning after whinging so that's done and dusted :p

Taurus hasn't been good in battles since 1999.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just found out this game still doesn't have Kecleon! Or Smeargle.

How do you go through Gen 3 and not have Kecleon!? Either it's too good for this game. (Which is true) or there's some blatant discrimination going on here.

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't understand why Kecleon isn't there yet. 

But yay! Gen 4 on the way! And Blissey is being downgraded which is nice!

This thumbnail doesn’t exactly look PG...

And neither does this one...

The design has definitely grown on me, especially after seeing that first video — I don’t play GO myself anymore, but I do love watching the CG efforts that they put out to advertise the game.

Edited by Julius Caesar

On 09/10/2018 at 5:48 PM, Glen-i said:

I just found out this game still doesn't have Kecleon! Or Smeargle.

How do you go through Gen 3 and not have Kecleon!? Either it's too good for this game. (Which is true) or there's some blatant discrimination going on here.

I’m not sure how Kecleon is, Pokemon wise, but I wonder if it’s like Ditto, they just need to find a way to implement it into the game. 

Oh oh and I wish Niantic would put as much effort into the game as they do these trailers. They look awesome. 

9 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

I’m not sure how Kecleon is, Pokemon wise, but I wonder if it’s like Ditto, they just need to find a way to implement it into the game. 

Well, it's a Chameleon. So I suppose you could have it be completely invisible on the map screen and then automatically trigger an encounter if you happen to bump into it.

Or they could go the Mystery Dungeon route and let it have a bunch of items with it. But if you take any of them, it freaks out, stamps your face in in less than five seconds and then jacks all your items.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Finally! But they only added 9 so not so many to find yet. 

Only 9? I new they said it would be in waves, but come on that’s ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Only 9? I new they said it would be in waves, but come on that’s ridiculous. 

Yeah but most of them have a couple of evolutions so in reality it's about 20. 

• Thanks 1