NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

Is there any way to turn off the pixel graphics as the novelty has really worn off for me?

Also has there been any word on whether or not its a different legendary every tie you complete the research tasks (currently Moltres)?

8 hours ago, Rob3008 said:

Is there any way to turn off the pixel graphics as the novelty has really worn off for me?

Also has there been any word on whether or not its a different legendary every tie you complete the research tasks (currently Moltres)?

The pixel art is gone for me now. But I wish we could toggle it on and off from now on. Now that the 3D models are back, though, the icons have become smaller than they were before. I hope they fix that.

I'm quite happy Niantic put the legendary birds into the research tasks, being able to now own a Moltres after many failed attempts on the raids is pleasing.

Double candy on Kanto pokes right now and Kanto overtaking the wild encounters means Magikarp galore and a potential 13 candy per capture! Will help with getting that mystery quest step done.

29 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Double candy on Kanto pokes right now and Kanto overtaking the wild encounters means Magikarp galore and a potential 13 candy per capture! Will help with getting that mystery quest step done.

14 Candy as you also get 2 for transferring it.

Finally saw and caught a Sandshrew - now I have 40 Candy for it. That's awesome. Double Candy also helps me get Bellossom and Machamp after so long. Now I need to find some Doduos so I can get a Dodrio and an Aerodactyl, and my Kanto Dex will be complete (bar legendaries). That's awesome. :)

Started the day on 220 Magikarp candy, by the time i got to work i have over 400 candy (and a shiny Karp too).  Just need to get to the mission to evolve Magikarp now, but this is good.  Up to 14 candy per capture, which is great.  Only need to see some Doduo now and (bar the region exclusive Tauros and legendary birds/Mew and Mewtwo) the Kanto dex is done.

Been looking for an Aerodactyl all day. Him, Hitmonlee and hitmonchan are the only non legendaries I need from gen 1. 

Apparently the field research 7 day reward is Moltres again. Might hang onto mine at six days until it starts giving the next legendary bird! Maybe next month?

On 13/04/2018 at 8:47 AM, Shorty said:

Apparently the field research 7 day reward is Moltres again. Might hang onto mine at six days until it starts giving the next legendary bird! Maybe next month?

Why not just get this Moltres and keep going with the field research? You’ll get more candy for the Moltres and may get a better one than holding off. Plus you get all the rewards inbetween. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Pinap Moltres for double candy and transfer the worse...for even more candy.

Also, there is no guarantee that the Special Reward will change once the research streak starts. So you might as well just keep running through them until it changes and we know how it works a little better.

• Like 1

I'm really more of a collector, couldn't care less about candies or higher IVs for Pokemon that don't evolve. On the other hand, it could actually put me further away from the next legendary if the reward is now preset...

Sigh. Trying to find a Ditto. Found one the other day in a Ghastly but that was before the mission was active. So that's awesome.

I’m stuck on this one too. And I’m using the Go+ all day whilst working too. No luck yet. 

On 13/04/2018 at 8:47 AM, Shorty said:

Quoting again but I’ve heard that the legendary bird will rotate monthly as the final prize. So you have a few weeks before a new one. 

Finally found another Ditto today while walking with the baby stroller. So have moved on to the next level and just have to participate in 10 raids. That's bearable though I'd like to join the ones I have a chance winning.

Haven’t played since the after the first few days of release, but I’ve been looking into it a bit more, what with the Let’s Go! “leaks” and supposed GO integration, and I stumbled upon this gem of a documentary-type video about the world’s number one Pokémon GO player: Brandon Tan. 

I found it to be an incredibly fascinating watch, and it’s great to see how the game still maintains small communities of players. 

Just received the newsletter mentioning Alolan forms incoming. Curious move, if any I was expecting gen 4.

Just received the newsletter mentioning Alolan forms incoming. Curious move, if any I was expecting gen 4.
Just got my newsletter mentioning a @Glen-i meltdown incoming.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

My guess is that they are introducing these as they are forms of Pokemon already in the game. And it’s a good way to introduce a few more without the need to introduce a whole new gen already. 

That's bizarre, why jump straight to Gen 7 Pokémon? Oh wait, Alolan forms?

Then we already know the blatant, shameless reason.

Finally caught Mew! Some of the tasks were a bit too long and tiresome while others were fine and fun. It's a good addition to the game overall. Hope they add Celebi soon.

Because of the banal Magikarp quest I'm now hanging onto my Feebas and collecting every Wailmer, Swablu and Eevee in case they ever repeat that crap again, which is really against the spirit of the game.

I still need to find that as well. I'm hoping it comes in an egg because I don't go to the tougher raids due to lack of time when they are there.