NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

I was thinking that other day that not having those Pokémon Go wrist band things ready in time will surely rank as one of Nintendo's biggest failures alongside the Virtual Boy and Wii U. They could have made a fortune if those things had been available when the Go craze had first swept the world. I guess they didn't anticipate it becoming a global phenomenon so quickly. Don't think many of us did tbf. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I was thinking that other day that not having those Pokémon Go wrist band things ready in time will surely rank as one of Nintendo's biggest failures alongside the Virtual Boy and Wii U. They could have made a fortune if those things had been available when the Go craze had first swept the world. I guess they didn't anticipate it becoming a global phenomenon so quickly. Don't think many of us did tbf. 

I kinda agree but I think you could compare it even better with the Gamecube Adaptor for Wii U and it’s availability during the launch of Smash.

17 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I kinda agree but I think you could compare it even better with the Gamecube Adaptor for Wii U and it’s availability during the launch of Smash.

Smash sold 5 million. Pokémon Go has at least 650 million downloads as of twelve months ago. 

Same situation but to a much much bigger scale. A goldmine sadly missed out on. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, but let’s not forget that a very large part of those 650 milion players hven’t spent a penny on the game.

I fully agree that it’s a gigantic missed opportunity though.

I don't play it but that Pokémon Go April Fools gag is pretty great.

• Haha 1

I guess it's April in Japan now then?

I do miss the sprites now and again. Especially after playing Black and White again with it's amazing animated ones.

I can totally understand why they swapped to models. Sprite art is hard work. Especially when you've got well over 900 Pokémon/Forms to do.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I guess it's April in Japan now then?

I do miss the sprites now and again. Especially after playing Black and White again with it's amazing animated ones.

I can totally understand why they swapped to models. Sprite art is hard work. Especially when you've got well over 900 Pokémon/Forms to do.

Technically yes.  But also, since when does the internet care about it being on April 1st any more?

I hope after April 1, they give us an option to turn that mode back on, it's fun :D

The new mystery/research/Mew related stuff adds a fun extra dimension to the game already.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I really like this research thing. It's a good idea and it's done well, it seems. I'm in a rural area these days so haven't got the chance to really try doing the missions, though. They may get worse later.

• Thanks 1

Heads up on the research things. I’ve been reading that one of them for the Mew research one is to evolve a Magikarp, so start walking one or don’t evolve one if you have enough candy. 

Geez, that's evil. I have never evolved a Magikarp and have about 350 Candy for it so I'm not far off, thankfully.

That's evil, hardly get a Magikarp (but to be honest, i have only recently got a Chansey from an egg (and i've been playing Go since launch, and never seen one in the wild) and i'm walking to get enough to evolve it.

11 minutes ago, Serebii said:

DZ2C-jnXUAEVn84.jpg#

Got my Mew :)

Did you have to use Strength on that truck? :heh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

That is some bullshit. I have a Gyarados but I've only got 52 candies beyond that. I should've been collecting every Magikarp that I've tapped on to see if it was shiny. Dammit. Just looked it up and finding a Ditto might be bs as well! I only just found my second one ever a week ago.

I’m good for Magikarp candy and I should be ok for the Ditto one. Playing with the PoGo+ I usually got one or two a week. I’m currently only on the one which involves battling in raids and gyms. 

I don't think Dittos are really that rare. I think the Magikarp thing is a bit crap. At least give an alternative evolution for Swablu as well, since he requires 400 candy too.

I'm not in any rush to complete this though so I can't say I'm that fussed. Especially since a Legendary encounter appears to be guaranteed for the seven stamps.

6 hours ago, Daft said:

I don't think Dittos are really that rare. I think the Magikarp thing is a bit crap. At least give an alternative evolution for Swablu as well, since he requires 400 candy too.

I'm not in any rush to complete this though so I can't say I'm that fussed. Especially since a Legendary encounter appears to be guaranteed for the seven stamps.

From what I’ve read Mew is guaranteed for this special research one. Also read he has a 100% catch rate. 

13 hours ago, Daft said:

Why Swablu of all Pokémon?

I'll never understand Pokémon Go's logic where Altaria is apparently the same high value as Gyarados and Drowzee's are annoyingly common... As a Pokémon Expert, it makes no sense.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Why Swablu of all Pokémon?

I'll never understand Pokémon Go's logic where Altaria is apparently the same high value as Gyarados and Drowzee's are annoyingly common... As a Pokémon Expert, it makes no sense.

No idea why he requires 400 candy. Maybe his mega evolution will be amazing or something. Whailmer as well, like wut? But I think the quest should cover more pokemon with that candy requirement since if you live in the wrong biome, you're a bit out of luck. 

Thank god they didn't say Wailmer, that beast needs 400 candies and i hardly see that around.  My next Magikarp is over 200 candies, and i plan to walk it once i've evolved Chansey into Blissey (2 candies away, or less than 10k walking)

I find Ditto extremely rare. I must've caught hundreds of Whismurs since they landed, and hundreds more pidgeys still, and only ever seen two Dittos since they were added to the game.

Edit: ok, funnily enough I put on a couple of incenses for my walk home and I got a ditto from a whismur :p

• Like 1