NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

Sounds like we're getting Gen 2 Pokemon in Pokemon GO pretty soon. Also it appears several of the features that were introduced in Gold/Silver like Shiny Pokemon and Genders are also coming to Pokemon GO.

Are you basing that on anything? There's a lot of rumours, and an announcement due to be made today, but nothing has leaked afaik?

Anyway I've been enjoying this game a lot more since I moved offices. I know a lot of people have stopped playing but I'm finally having fun with it. Squirtle spawns pretty regularly outside my office, got Charmander and a Pikachu from eggs recently, and my Dratini gradually generates candy on bus trips! Luckily my girlfriend was also late to the party as her old iPhone 4 couldn't play it, but her new SE can, so we're both taking minor detours following the new nearby feature for stuff!

Edited by Shorty

Are you basing that on anything? There's a lot of rumours, and an announcement due to be made today, but nothing has leaked afaik?

The only leak I've heard of with this was the internal Starbucks email talking about the promotion which I guess mentioned the new Pokemon.

Congratulations, Pokemon GO! You now have more variety in you than Sun/Moon!

158 Pokémon VS 380 Pokémon

Yeah, definitely more variety

158 Pokémon VS 380 Pokémon

Yeah, definitely more variety

Oh wait, there's only around 10 new ones!?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

All that buildup! For what!? Just enough to build a team with?

I am having one hilarious morning today! It's so funny, I'm gonna ignore the fact you're using Alolan forms and Mega Evolutions to shore up S/M's numbers.

EDIT: Wait, I've got more! At this rate, you'll be catching a Treecko in 2023!

Edited by Glen-i

Oh wait, there's only around 10 new ones!?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

All that buildup! For what!? Just enough to build a team with?

I am having one hilarious morning today! It's so funny, I'm gonna ignore the fact you're using Alolan forms and Mega Evolutions to shore up S/M's numbers.

EDIT: Wait, I've got more! At this rate, you'll be catching a Treecko in 2023!

No I'm not. I'm using Island Scan Pokémon :p

No I'm not. I'm using Island Scan Pokémon :p

Serious question, how many Pokemon can you get through Island Scan?

Serious question, how many Pokemon can you get through Island Scan?

28 + all in their evolution lines

My sons iPhone is now showing 248 pokemon spaces in the pokedex, My android only shows 178 so does this mean they are about to launch gen 2?

And when will bloody trading start?

You've been able to hatch the gen 2 baby Pokemon for a couple of weeks now.

I think there are 7 babies, one of which you can evolve into another new 'mon (Togepi to Togetic).

The Pokédex only goes as far as the highest numbered Pokémon you got. If you got Magby, it goes up to 240. If you got Togepi, it goes up to 175. That's all

A bit of behind-the-scenes stuff about how Unity was used for Pokémon Go. If you found the PS4 Pro event problematic perhaps don't watch.

Cool, more variety will be great.

What level's everyone on now? I'm currently 28. Getting pretty hard to level up now.

24.5 here. Only really started playing properly in December when my job moved offices.

Valentines event on right now is a good chance to stock up on Porygon and Chansey which should have gen 2 evolutions.

24.5 here. Only really started playing properly in December when my job moved offices.

Valentines event on right now is a good chance to stock up on Porygon and Chansey which should have gen 2 evolutions.

Stock up on Chansey?! I have still never seen one of those fuckers in the wild or an egg, even with the increased rate over the last week!

Stock up on Chansey?! I have still never seen one of those fuckers in the wild or an egg, even with the increased rate over the last week!

I've not seen them in the wild either, very annoying considering it's the last day of the Valentine's event.

Never mind, one spawned at my house a couple of hours ago :heh:

I now have a full UK dex ready for the Gen 2 launch!

I only saw one tbf, and it wasn't nearby, it just popped up on my way to work.

You can get the apk now for Android and have the client side updates now (not new Pokemon, but UI, avatar changes etc)

Not just the APK but the update showed up on my girlfriend's android phone too, so it's being rolled out