NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

I did have to pay out for some more pokeballs, well worth it for the amount of time I'm spending on the game though.

Now that I have weekends free I've been walking around nearby pokestops and hanging out to catch more Pokémon. I never would have just gone out for random walks without this game!

My new work colleagues are all playing and it's great being the one with all the Pokémon knowledge. People are actually interested when I talk to them about Pokémon! It's crazy :p

I did have to pay out for some more pokeballs, well worth it for the amount of time I'm spending on the game though.

Now that I have weekends free I've been walking around nearby pokestops and hanging out to catch more Pokémon. I never would have just gone out for random walks without this game!

My new work colleagues are all playing and it's great being the one with all the Pokémon knowledge. People are actually interested when I talk to them about Pokémon! It's crazy :p

Haha I just succumbed to buying £7.99 worth of coins for the 8 modules and lucky eggs - thought I wouldn't be a muppet and cave in but it actually does feel well worth it.... Me and my girlfriend has planned a nice long walk tonight for the hunt. And I'm happy that in some way I'm supporting Nintendo.

I'm a little disappointed to learn the rate you acquire xp and coins for holding a Gym - every 21 hours? is that right? i've never managed more than 12 hours holding a gym

I'm a little disappointed to learn the rate you acquire xp and coins for holding a Gym - every 21 hours? is that right? i've never managed more than 12 hours holding a gym

Nah you'll never hold a gym more than 20 hours unless you live in the middle of nowhere or it's a really high gym level and well occupied. You basically take a gym or two and claim right away. Then take the gym back next day.

So Joy and the kids have gone to visit a friend for the weekend, I stayed home as was working late today and have a cousin visiting tomorrow. So finished work at 10pm, as nobody at home decided to go Poke Hunting instead :)

Went to a place in Waterford that loads of people go to. 3 Stops, all with lures, caught loads including a Squirtle :)

Spent bout 2 hours there. Then went for a little drive to a few other spots where I was told have good chance for Charmander....didnt find BUT got one hatched from an egg YAY.

Then went home, took a drive down the beach where there are a few stops and gyms. Could see a couple of lures about. Noticed some fellow team Valor were around as all gyms were read and they were kind enough to level them up to 3 and leave 3rd spot blank. My timer was also at zero so quickly added a pokemon to each gym and claimed 40 coins. Just in time too as a group of team Instinct arrived and started taking all the gyms. No worries I got my coins :)

Then I did a lap of the town getting items from stops, took another pass by the beach area (all those gyms were now Mystic haha, awesome how the game has so many up at all hours playing outside :D). Spotted a lure up so parked up there and got another Squirtle just before battery died :)

Only getting home now just before 2am haha.

I wish caterpie was more common around me. I'm drowning in Weedles, Pidgeys and Drowzees but still haven't evolved a Butterfree. What I really want is more Gastlys! Do they only come out at night?

I caught a ghastly on teh first day, and it was on my desk at work (this is pre- "oh I can turn off AR" on the timeline). Got home and there was a Haunter waiting on my desk, too!

Night time I get more ghastlies, oddishes and venonats around my present location. Not actually actively played after 7pm so that's just a survey of what is nearby when I'm at home.

Ima head out soon myself just to walk along the beach. Just hit lvl 17 and less bothered about levelling up, more bothered about catching and evolving new pokemon! i've caught 62 and seen 63, with a growlithe and an eggsecute from a pair of eggs hatched yesterday. So fun!

Saw a Dragonair today and I ran out of Pokeballs trying to catch it. :cry:

Took 3 gyms today.

First one I took fair and square, second one someone on my team (Instinct) had been wearing it down and I took it first, although he added his Pokemon to it too, third one I just noticed one free in the middle of town and took it before anyone else could (it was a very busy area). It would have been a free-for-all anyway, so I just got in there first. Don't know what team wore it down, but I was soon followed by other Instinct players.

Also got a Wartortle, Electabuzz, Rhyhorn and a few other new ones.

I still have no idea how gyms work. Whenever I see one the pokémon is always a much higher CP than my highest.

According to Gaf there is an update and part of it completely removes the footprints. It looks like instead of fixing the footstep feature they have simply got rid of it. Crazy.

According to Gaf there is an update and part of it completely removes the footprints. It looks like instead of fixing the footstep feature they have simply got rid of it. Crazy.

Are we sure this game isn't made exclusively by Nintendo? That's a very Nintendo move *cough*TVii*cough*

Had a good session yesterday, caught 5 squirtle, an Abra,an Electabuzz, an aviary of pigey and a ponta. Got about 100 poke balls from stops too, which I needed after that catching session round the city centre.

Still not sure how a sole player can adequately take and hold gyms, it's very much a team effort - the only time I've taken and held a gym for more than a minute is when other team mystic were also attacking the gym.

When they release new Pokemon do you think they will raise cp caps, reset gyms? Surely something will need to occur to give them a chance? Or will it just be a collect them and see thing? I've always assumed at some point they would have to reset gyms otherwise longer term players would hold them indefinitely and deter new players - it would be like the first gym being level 50s

I'm hoping it's a case of removing it until they've fixed it. No point in leaving a perma 3 footprints if it doesn't actually work for now. I've read they're rewriting how it's coded which would take time, hence not being ready for this update.

Apparently Pokemon are harder to catch now, with many low level ones busting out of Pokeballs and then fleeing. Guess they are trying to get people to spend money on buying more balls.

Also, it looks like some of the tracking sites are being taken down. I hope Pokevision stays up...

Well, it was fun while it lasted. :D

I've seen complaints that battery saving mode has been removed from iOS as well.

Yeah, I've read this one too.

The patch seems to have made an already buggy game an even worse mess. It's the Just Cause 3 of the mobile world. :D

Yep. Can confirm that Pokemon are now harder to capture, the once reliable curveball is now a joke to aim and the Pokemon are now even harder to find now the steps are totally absent and the tracker websites are all pretty much dead.

It's slowly becoming way less fun, isn't it.

Yep. It's changed. Don't like it :( Why change the catching? Everyone was enjoying it the way it was! Now you have to waste even more balls on the crappy Pokémon you're just farming for candy. OK if you live in the city like me where there's loads of Pokéstops, but this could seriously ruin the game for many people.

Seems a bit more ridiculous when you consider that the notification watch accessory thing will let you catch Pokemon you have caught before with 100% success.

I went out into town yesterday and was already having trouble with common, low CP Pokémon breaking out and running away so if this update has made that worse, I don't know that I'll want to keep playing. I don't want to keep cashing out for Pokéballs. The three steps disappearing is frustrating but if it didn't work in the first place then I guess it doesn't really make a difference.

I have read that the scan radius has decreased from 100m to around 70m as well. Is this true? It means even less chance of finding Pokémon if this is the case and I can't see why they would do that.

Now we have a GPS powered game that doesn't let you track Pokemon with the GPS! Woohoo!

I went out into town yesterday and was already having trouble with common, low CP Pokémon breaking out and running away so if this update has made that worse, I don't know that I'll want to keep playing. I don't want to keep cashing out for Pokéballs. The three steps disappearing is frustrating but if it didn't work in the first place then I guess it doesn't really make a difference.

I have read that the scan radius has decreased from 100m to around 70m as well. Is this true? It means even less chance of finding Pokémon if this is the case and I can't see why they would do that.

After my usual weekend pokéstop stint I can't say I've noticed any real difference in capture success rates. I've definitely noticed you have to throw the balls a lot differently than before the update if you want to hit the Pokémon (at least with curve balls). I don't think they've decreased the scan radius much, if at all.

Now we have a GPS powered game that doesn't let you track Pokemon with the GPS! Woohoo!

Best news I've had in the past few weeks.

I have no sympathy for any of you. Not one tiny iota.

I knew they'd lower the capture rate. It's exactly the kind of scummy practice I was totally expecting.

Best news I've had in the past few weeks.

I have no sympathy for any of you. Not one tiny iota.

I knew they'd lower the capture rate. It's exactly the kind of scummy practice I was totally expecting.

Revelling in people's disappointments. Classy.

It's still brilliant fun and a worldwide phenomenon.