NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

spoofing my gps.

There's something about this phrase that sounds like a tweet euphemism.

Whatever you need to do to feel justified in cheating at the Pokemons, man.

I just walk about. Like in pokemon! I'm already at 30 types caught.

Do you want to see my Rattata?

Well, I am at 64 and only one have I actively gone after using the map, a Kadabra that appeared near my house (which normally has nothing but Weedles and Pidgeys). And I would've gone for the Wartortle if not in working hours.

You have 30 types, but if it ever came down to that one last one that you needed, and the 3-step system was still broken, bearing in mind that's the intended method of playing the game, you wouldn't do anything about it? Not sure how you can consider a tool that uses Niantic's publicly available API to map pokemon to be cheating, although I consider it against the spirit of the game - if it was working properly.

Edited by Shorty

In my mind it's akin to those who radio in the locations of the Big Five whilst on safari. Yes, you managed to see a leopard, but all the fun and mystery of searching is gone.

So to be serious, no I don't think I would use that map.

And to be clear, I have no problem with you using it either. I'm tugging your leg.

I just walk about. Like in pokemon!

Sure. I bet in the original games you never once looked up where to find a specific pokemon. You just crossed your fingers and hoped that pressing up and down in Viridian Forest for half an hour would eventually net you a Pikachu.

PS, sometimes just saying "lol joking" doesn't make what you're saying less rude.

I'm sorry if I have angered you, but I was genuinely just being silly.

Sure. I bet in the original games you never once looked up where to find a specific pokemon. You just crossed your fingers and hoped that pressing up and down in Viridian Forest for half an hour would eventually net you a Pikachu.

That's what I did seeing as the Pokédex said that was the area to catch a Pikachu.

I'll have the cake please.

How did you see the Pokedex entry for Pikachu before you found one?

Ironically just found this on my way home, Professor Bob will be happy to know without the use of the map...

image.png

Edited by Shorty

Indeed! Doesn't it taste sweeter? Figuratively of course. Don't eat Pikachu.

I am currently sheltering from a thunderstorm on my way home, and found a Bellsprout!

Like I said, 64 Pokemon found this way :p I only used the map once because a Pokemon I wanted was on the nearby list but impossible to track down. You have a set amount of time til it despawns and it could take hours to go down every road within the 3 step radius.

I know I'm not the only one who has used it out of the people I know playing Irl. What about on here?

How did you see the Pokedex entry for Pikachu before you found one?

When you see a Pokémon from an opposition trainer it fills in the area data in the Pokédex, no? Then, when you eventually catch one it fills in the description. It's been since like '98, man. :p Download it on 3DS and check already.

Do you want to see my Rattata?

Only if it's a top percentage Rattata.

Hey, got five eggs lined up to hatch! Time to pop open a Lucky Egg and score some serious experPTC DOWN.

=(

I've caught 75 pokemon, seen 78. Of the three that got away from me, two were beacuse the game crashed. The third was a Pikachu that I used a Razz Berry, threw Great Curve ball and he ran off once he broke out. Fair play to him, that fucker wanted freedom.

I'm level 18, too.

I need more Eevees to power up my Vaporeon.

Has anyone contemplated spending any actual money on the game? I haven't needed to, but I wonder if I'll be tempted when I've run out of Pokeballs and a rare 'Mon appears.

It's easy to justify 79p once or twice.

@Dr\. bob would you allow us to cheat in the game if we signed up to Team Rocket?

Yes, but then you'd only be allowed to own either a Weezing or an Arbok, and a Meowth.

They got rid of Weezing and Arbok years ago didn't they?

They also got rid of Team Rocket years ago. It's Magma now, or Aqua, or Plasma or something.

They also got rid of Team Rocket years ago. It's Magma now, or Aqua, or Plasma or something.

From yesterday's episode in Japan

DP344.jpg

They're still in the anime.

Some ex-TR members are in the games too

Yeah, they're clearly just a group of journalists.

Has anyone contemplated spending any actual money on the game? I haven't needed to, but I wonder if I'll be tempted when I've run out of Pokeballs and a rare 'Mon appears.

yes i've spent £7.99 on it, when i first got it i had no idea what i was doing and was firing pokeballs like they were pellets in a pellet gun and ran out.

Thankfully i'm now not so bad and have a float of 60 of each ball most of the time

DP344.jpg

The sound man on the right looks like he has some sort of growth problem, he has a rather small head and arms - poor man

Edited by Agent Gibbs
Automerged Doublepost

I occasionally get some surveys through the Google Rewards app which gives you Play Store credit. I usually used it to download some music, but it can be used for in-app purchases so if need is high, Pokémon Go may get some of my accumulated money.

Oooh, that reminds me, I do have a £10 Play Store gift card that I haven't been able to find a use for...