NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

It's kinda crazy considering the servers are a mess and the game is more of an afterthought for Nintendo.

Will he very interesting to see what Nintendo do going forward.

One thing it shows is that the Pokémon IP is still as huge as ever. What a fad. Pokemania indeed.

Edited by liger05

It's kinda crazy considering the servers are a mess and the game is more of an afterthought for Nintendo.

Will he very interesting to see what Nintendo do going forward.

One thing it shows is that the Pokémon IP is still as huge as ever. What a fad. Pokemania indeed.

Edited by liger05

Has Apple updated their signing in method for the App Store or is it just mine playing up?

Following every technique available but no joy; the "none" payment option is not accepted and the damn thing DEMANDS payment. And I mean, I've already faked an address, not quite sure I'm up for straight up stealing someone's bank details.

All this after I told myself that I could wait until the official release over here. Pffft, right.

Has Apple updated their signing in method for the App Store or is it just mine playing up?

Following every technique available but no joy; the "none" payment option is not accepted and the damn thing DEMANDS payment. And I mean, I've already faked an address, not quite sure I'm up for straight up stealing someone's bank details.

All this after I told myself that I could wait until the official release over here. Pffft, right.

Indeed...

It would seem that this is the real...

... Pokémon Bank. :awesome:

How dare you make me smirk at such a obvious pun! Get out!

BBC once again confirming that they can make me cringe with 100% effectiveness by talking about anything gaming related, especially so with Pokemon. God dammit! If you're gonna talk about it, don't refer to the damn things as "Virtual Creatures" without adding a clarification like "Called Pokemon" at the end. It makes it sound super lame. Which is the opposite of Super Cool, the hip-hop style trainer in Wii Fit taught me that.

You know, if I ever see a group of people playing this, it's going to be very hard to resist the urge to go up to them, rock out my Kecleon 3DS and play a proper Pokemon game and no doubt blow someones mind with how much depth a single battle has.

I think I'll go with Rotation Battles and really mess with them. Oh, and no Gen 1 Pokemon, of course.

If anything, it could make for a really funny photo.

Indeed...

It would seem that this is the real...

... Pokémon Bank. :awesome:

How dare you make me smirk at such a obvious pun! Get out!

BBC once again confirming that they can make me cringe with 100% effectiveness by talking about anything gaming related, especially so with Pokemon. God dammit! If you're gonna talk about it, don't refer to the damn things as "Virtual Creatures" without adding a clarification like "Called Pokemon" at the end. It makes it sound super lame. Which is the opposite of Super Cool, the hip-hop style trainer in Wii Fit taught me that.

You know, if I ever see a group of people playing this, it's going to be very hard to resist the urge to go up to them, rock out my Kecleon 3DS and play a proper Pokemon game and no doubt blow someones mind with how much depth a single battle has.

I think I'll go with Rotation Battles and really mess with them. Oh, and no Gen 1 Pokemon, of course.

My cousin gave me a call this morning telling me that her kids are obsessed with this game and now want a 3DS to play the proper games. Very cool as they weren't into Pokemon at all last time I checked!

My cousin gave me a call this morning telling me that her kids are obsessed with this game and now want a 3DS to play the proper games. Very cool as they weren't into Pokemon at all last time I checked!

I don't think you being beaten up would make for a very funny photo.

I don't think you being beaten up would make for a very funny photo.

Game is out in Germany.

I had to turn off AR because the game just doesn't run well on my phone with AR turned on apparently :sad: So no funny photos from me :(

Game is out in Germany.

I had to turn off AR because the game just doesn't run well on my phone with AR turned on apparently :sad: So no funny photos from me :(

Interesting. I heard that wasn't supposed to happen.

Interesting. I heard that wasn't supposed to happen.

Woop. Having it in the Sun & Moon run-up was a good idea

Woop. Having it in the Sun & Moon run-up was a good idea

I don't think this will be an isolated event either. Such an obvious consequence of its success.

I don't think this will be an isolated event either. Such an obvious consequence of its success.

So much for...

It's likely to get more kids playing Pokémon. But it isn't going to get the vast majority of adults who are playing Go to buy a 3DS. Go is playing on the nostalgia of the original gen, that you can do it while walking out and about, and that it's become a massive craze.

Sure, it will have some goodwill effect towards Sun & Moon, but not so much that it'll be as big a craze as Pokémon Go is.

So much for...

It's likely to get more kids playing Pokémon. But it isn't going to get the vast majority of adults who are playing Go to buy a 3DS. Go is playing on the nostalgia of the original gen, that you can do it while walking out and about, and that it's become a massive craze.

Sure, it will have some goodwill effect towards Sun & Moon, but not so much that it'll be as big a craze as Pokémon Go is.

Its never just discussion in this place anymore is it. Always got to be sniping at one another and snide callbacks to comments.

We dont actually know that it will become a trend of people picking up the more expensive hardware but if it does then I doubt whoever made that comment (@Sheikah?) then I'm sure he will be happy to admit he was wrong and think its good for Nintendo.

Its never just discussion in this place anymore is it. Always got to be sniping at one another and snide callbacks to comments.

We dont actually know that it will become a trend of people picking up the more expensive hardware but if it does then I doubt whoever made that comment (@Sheikah?) then I'm sure he will be happy to admit he was wrong and think its good for Nintendo.

That's awesome dude

That's awesome dude