NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

I'm in a city and only get crap. Not sure if its level related.

Damn low level. :angry:

I'm almost level 5, so I think things should start taking off from there?

Although with my batch of caught 'mon, I won't be beating any gyms.

On this topic, how do the gym battles work? Do you physically battle? What happens? I'm such a beginner :p

I'm in a city and only get crap. Not sure if its level related.

Damn low level. :angry:

I'm almost level 5, so I think things should start taking off from there?

Although with my batch of caught 'mon, I won't be beating any gyms.

On this topic, how do the gym battles work? Do you physically battle? What happens? I'm such a beginner :p

Funny to hear people talking about this today at work, non-gamers around me talking about a Nintendo product. That hasn't really happened since the Wii came out.

Same in my office, great to see.

Funny to hear people talking about this today at work, non-gamers around me talking about a Nintendo product. That hasn't really happened since the Wii came out.

Same in my office, great to see.

I'm in a national park in Canada and can only get on WiFi in a bar. Managed to catch a Psyduck in my booth though.

I'm in a national park in Canada and can only get on WiFi in a bar. Managed to catch a Psyduck in my booth though.

http://adamreeve.tumblr.com/post/147120922009/pokemon-go-is-a-huge-security-risk

Basically it's that when you sign in with a Gmail account it gives the app (so the developers) full access to your gmail account. Full as in read and send emails if they wanted.

Scroll down and there's a link to see if you've used Pokemon Go and if it has access and to remove it. (It just goes to a google page.)

Edit. Apparently only affecting iOS devices.

Edited by Nolan

http://adamreeve.tumblr.com/post/147120922009/pokemon-go-is-a-huge-security-risk

Basically it's that when you sign in with a Gmail account it gives the app (so the developers) full access to your gmail account. Full as in read and send emails if they wanted.

Scroll down and there's a link to see if you've used Pokemon Go and if it has access and to remove it. (It just goes to a google page.)

Edited by Nolan

The Pokémon GO Plus wearable isn't actually out yet - it was supposed to launch this month but at the time of writing is listed as "unavailable" on the sites of several different online retailers, including the UK Nintendo Store.

However, people were able to place pre-orders a while back and some of these enterprising individuals are hawking said pre-orders on eBay for massively inflated prices.

The wearable device - which is shaped like a Google Maps pin but has that iconic Pokéball design - connects to your phone via a low energy Bluetooth link and pulses its LED when you're near a Pokémon or PokéStop. Is this worth $35 / £35? Well, it means you don't have to walk around with your phone in your hand constantly - you can even capture previously encountered Pokémon with the device, which saves you from pulling your phone out of your pocket at all.

Did you place a pre-order for the Pokémon GO Plus before they were closed down? Are you tempted to sell, or will you be holding on to it?

Looks like the GO craze will make Nintendo some more monies. I'm happy I kept my preorder of the thing now.

The Pokémon GO Plus wearable isn't actually out yet - it was supposed to launch this month but at the time of writing is listed as "unavailable" on the sites of several different online retailers, including the UK Nintendo Store.

However, people were able to place pre-orders a while back and some of these enterprising individuals are hawking said pre-orders on eBay for massively inflated prices.

The wearable device - which is shaped like a Google Maps pin but has that iconic Pokéball design - connects to your phone via a low energy Bluetooth link and pulses its LED when you're near a Pokémon or PokéStop. Is this worth $35 / £35? Well, it means you don't have to walk around with your phone in your hand constantly - you can even capture previously encountered Pokémon with the device, which saves you from pulling your phone out of your pocket at all.

Did you place a pre-order for the Pokémon GO Plus before they were closed down? Are you tempted to sell, or will you be holding on to it?

Looks like the GO craze will make Nintendo some more monies. I'm happy I kept my preorder of the thing now.

Got a Poke Stop right next to my office. Gonna be spinnin' all day.

Got a Poke Stop right next to my office. Gonna be spinnin' all day.

I'm kind of annoyed that you have to have the app open for it to log your walking, especially as it seems to time out if you have your phone locked anyway. Also seems to be based on physical distance rather than steps as it didn't log my treadmill exercise yesterday :heh:

But still, not really trying to collect them all. Will just dabble in and out.

I'm kind of annoyed that you have to have the app open for it to log your walking, especially as it seems to time out if you have your phone locked anyway. Also seems to be based on physical distance rather than steps as it didn't log my treadmill exercise yesterday :heh:

But still, not really trying to collect them all. Will just dabble in and out.

Sorry but this is stupid. Just because the app can access your emails doesn't mean it's passing that information to the developers.

Guess what, if you punch in your google account information on Outlook it can read all your Gmail emails too. Does that mean someone at Microsoft is reading them? No.

Sorry but this is stupid. Just because the app can access your emails doesn't mean it's passing that information to the developers.

Guess what, if you punch in your google account information on Outlook it can read all your Gmail emails too. Does that mean someone at Microsoft is reading them? No.

Still a poor man's Denpamen ;)

(Though I've yet to properly give it a...Go)

Got this in an egg :D

Wow, my strongest is a 141 Eevee, followed by a 132 Beedrill.

Got this in an egg :D

Wow, my strongest is a 141 Eevee, followed by a 132 Beedrill.

What level are you @Serebii?

I'm close to hitting level 19 after another day wondering around Bristol, the gaps in between levels are starting to get larger and larger, 18 to 19 is 25,000 xp!

Caught my first Pikachu, followed by a fair few more. Over half way to being able to evolve him into a Raichu.

What level are you @Serebii?

I'm close to hitting level 19 after another day wondering around Bristol, the gaps in between levels are starting to get larger and larger, 18 to 19 is 25,000 xp!

Caught my first Pikachu, followed by a fair few more. Over half way to being able to evolve him into a Raichu.

You joke, but you just reminded me.

I knew there was a game that did this on the 3DS. And did it a million times better.

Those games are great! And actually have some depth!