NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

It's great to see Pokemon become relevant again. There's a lot of people on my timeline (many from here, granted) who are giving this a go and enjoying it.

So, people are more than willing to play Nintendo's software, but don't necessarily need their hardware in order to do so. Food for thought. ;)

Fingers crossed for this week.

It's great to see Pokemon become relevant again.

Didn't X and Y sell like 15 million copies? I don't think it's ever been irrelevant.

Fingers crossed for this week.

It's great to see Pokemon become relevant again.

Didn't X and Y sell like 15 million copies? I don't think it's ever been irrelevant.

I think when people say that it is relevant again they are meaning in a more general sense, rather than the usual fans, kids and gamers. This kind of Pokemon craze probably hasn't been seen since the original games were released.

I think when people say that it is relevant again they are meaning in a more general sense, rather than the usual fans, kids and gamers. This kind of Pokemon craze probably hasn't been seen since the original games were released.

Ah ok, global craze would have probably described it better

Ah ok, global craze would have probably described it better

Anyone with a Moto G 2 having horrible performance, too? Just installed it, and trying to catch the starter crashed the app 5 times. The catch was registered in the end, though, but AR is very laggy and not fun at all...:(

Anyone with a Moto G 2 having horrible performance, too? Just installed it, and trying to catch the starter crashed the app 5 times. The catch was registered in the end, though, but AR is very laggy and not fun at all...:(

Considering how utterly atrocious this looked it's crazy how popular it's proving to be - the anecdotes and images going about are really great to see, so many people coming together! Don't know how much it interests me though, I'll give it a go!

Also, i can easily see this rekindling the pokemon love for people and them buying the new game this autumn. A perfect test for Nintendo's plan for mobile to push people to their dedicated devices; if this can't do it, nothing will; but I think it'll prove to be successful!

Considering how utterly atrocious this looked it's crazy how popular it's proving to be - the anecdotes and images going about are really great to see, so many people coming together! Don't know how much it interests me though, I'll give it a go!

Also, i can easily see this rekindling the pokemon love for people and them buying the new game this autumn. A perfect test for Nintendo's plan for mobile to push people to their dedicated devices; if this can't do it, nothing will; but I think it'll prove to be successful!

Another day of playing Pokemon Go is done and it was the best one yet!

Went from level 11 to level 16, hatched a load of eggs, caught a load of Pokemon and met my first group of people also playing the game.

Got on the bus at 9 this morning and headed toward the centre of Bristol, love the fact that it's possible to play it on the bus. Got off half way there and decided to walk the rest of the way and was overwhelmed by the amount of PokeStops and gyms compared to around where I live! Took my time walking to the gym (real life gym, not Pokemon gym :heh: ), took over a couple of gyms (Pokemon gyms) and actually specifically hunted down my first Pokemon, a 830CP Victreebel.

Got to the gym at around 11, did some weights started doing some cardio then thought "fuck this, why am I doing cardio inside when I can just walk for hours and hours catching Pokemon", so promptly left.

Tried to find a Dragonair that appeared on my nearby tab but couldn't get closer than three footprints and it eventually disappeared, this annoyed me as I guess they're pretty damn rare! Walked around some more before finding that my team owned the gym at the planetarium so spent a while helping to level it up before I realised that a group of people just round the corner were doing the same. Had a chat with them for a while before we all went our separate ways.

I started the long walk back home, catching Pokemon as I went and eventually got back just before 4. So nearly eight hours of walking around playing Pokemon Go...

Untitled-1_1.jpg

This is what my top 'Mon look like now after doing a clear out (had about 30 Zubats...) and powering up...

Screenshot_20160711-162513.png

Another day of playing Pokemon Go is done and it was the best one yet!

Went from level 11 to level 16, hatched a load of eggs, caught a load of Pokemon and met my first group of people also playing the game.

Got on the bus at 9 this morning and headed toward the centre of Bristol, love the fact that it's possible to play it on the bus. Got off half way there and decided to walk the rest of the way and was overwhelmed by the amount of PokeStops and gyms compared to around where I live! Took my time walking to the gym (real life gym, not Pokemon gym :heh: ), took over a couple of gyms (Pokemon gyms) and actually specifically hunted down my first Pokemon, a 830CP Victreebel.

Got to the gym at around 11, did some weights started doing some cardio then thought "fuck this, why am I doing cardio inside when I can just walk for hours and hours catching Pokemon", so promptly left.

Tried to find a Dragonair that appeared on my nearby tab but couldn't get closer than three footprints and it eventually disappeared, this annoyed me as I guess they're pretty damn rare! Walked around some more before finding that my team owned the gym at the planetarium so spent a while helping to level it up before I realised that a group of people just round the corner were doing the same. Had a chat with them for a while before we all went our separate ways.

I started the long walk back home, catching Pokemon as I went and eventually got back just before 4. So nearly eight hours of walking around playing Pokemon Go...

Untitled-1_1.jpg

This is what my top 'Mon look like now after doing a clear out (had about 30 Zubats...) and powering up...

Screenshot_20160711-162513.png

Funny to hear people talking about this today at work, non-gamers around me talking about a Nintendo product. That hasn't really happened since the Wii came out.

Funny to hear people talking about this today at work, non-gamers around me talking about a Nintendo product. That hasn't really happened since the Wii came out.

I think this is a gross misunderstanding of the situation. These people aren't going to go buy a 150-200 quid or whatever 3DS and a 30 quid or so game, after playing this free to play game. These people play these games because of the platform they are on; the experience you get with Go is also VERY different to the one on 3DS (a major reason Go is working is because of the real-world location tie in).

Everyone has a phone in their pocket, ergo it is convenient. Most of these Go players aren't going to put up with the inconvenience and expense of a handheld console. It also matters little to Nintendo either way as there is clearly FAR more to be made with mobile; convincing people to get a 3DS and game is probably not their main concern right now!

Exactly my thoughts.

You peeps need to stop underestimating the sheer cheapness of people.

Pokemon Sun/Moon could be a million times better than GO (And it will be, shut up, it's true, don't argue, science backs me up and any proper Pokefan knows that the power of science is amazing!) but as long GO is free, those people will shun it.

I think this is a gross misunderstanding of the situation. These people aren't going to go buy a 150-200 quid or whatever 3DS and a 30 quid or so game, after playing this free to play game. These people play these games because of the platform they are on; the experience you get with Go is also VERY different to the one on 3DS (a major reason Go is working is because of the real-world location tie in).

Everyone has a phone in their pocket, ergo it is convenient. Most of these Go players aren't going to put up with the inconvenience and expense of a handheld console. It also matters little to Nintendo either way as there is clearly FAR more to be made with mobile; convincing people to get a 3DS and game is probably not their main concern right now!

Exactly my thoughts.

You peeps need to stop underestimating the sheer cheapness of people.

Pokemon Sun/Moon could be a million times better than GO (And it will be, shut up, it's true, don't argue, science backs me up and any proper Pokefan knows that the power of science is amazing!) but as long GO is free, those people will shun it.

The replies to this tweet are so salty it amused me greatly:

[tweet]752548248326381568[/tweet]

The replies to this tweet are so salty it amused me greatly:

[tweet]752548248326381568[/tweet]

This and other Nintendo mobile content should be seen as there own separate products which will have there own audiences. It's not something which will make people go and buy a nintendo handheld and it doesn't have to be.

A Pokémon game for example on a handheld or console will have its own strong audience while the mobile will have its own.

This and other Nintendo mobile content should be seen as there own separate products which will have there own audiences. It's not something which will make people go and buy a nintendo handheld and it doesn't have to be.

A Pokémon game for example on a handheld or console will have its own strong audience while the mobile will have its own.

So I loaded this up and was on it for most of the day at work :P (first day back after 2 weeks off, so this was a welcome distraction...) and why the hell are you all getting Magmar's and Victreebel's and Jynx's and I'm constantly getting bastard Weedles and Rattata's? What. The. Hell.

Do I need to be in a city to get goodness? I'm more in the country side in Cheshire, but surely I shouldn't be discriminated!! I got excited catching a damn Krabby but you lot have got amazing Pokemans. I am jealous. :(

But yeah, pretty obsessed already although I currently can't get on it due to 'server issues'.

When I load it up, it's taking me to the sign up screen which is worrying. I hope it hasn't wiped my data, not that I have any interesting Pokemon to speak of so far!

So I loaded this up and was on it for most of the day at work :P (first day back after 2 weeks off, so this was a welcome distraction...) and why the hell are you all getting Magmar's and Victreebel's and Jynx's and I'm constantly getting bastard Weedles and Rattata's? What. The. Hell.

Do I need to be in a city to get goodness? I'm more in the country side in Cheshire, but surely I shouldn't be discriminated!! I got excited catching a damn Krabby but you lot have got amazing Pokemans. I am jealous. :(

But yeah, pretty obsessed already although I currently can't get on it due to 'server issues'.

When I load it up, it's taking me to the sign up screen which is worrying. I hope it hasn't wiped my data, not that I have any interesting Pokemon to speak of so far!

I'm in a city and only get crap. Not sure if its level related.

I'm in a city and only get crap. Not sure if its level related.