NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

Finally caved in and made a New Zealand Apple ID to play, now the server is down. I'll never catch them all at this rate!

Finally caved in and made a New Zealand Apple ID to play, now the server is down. I'll never catch them all at this rate!

Thing is, the things people like about the game aren't really pertaining to the game itself. The game itself is shallow.

Plus, if you're not travelling, you will get bored of the game quite fast.

The game is free whats to complain about it.

Thing is, the things people like about the game aren't really pertaining to the game itself. The game itself is shallow.

Plus, if you're not travelling, you will get bored of the game quite fast.

One thing that is worth complaining about is that server issues can cause you to lose items.

One thing that is worth complaining about is that server issues can cause you to lose items.

Don't even get me started... I've had a good day today, don't ruin it for me, by making me rant about this.

Don't even get me started... I've had a good day today, don't ruin it for me, by making me rant about this.

The game has filled up my FB timeline. Seems like Pokemon might actually be a thing again.

The game has filled up my FB timeline. Seems like Pokemon might actually be a thing again.

International server rollout has been paused until they can stabilise said servers. Boooooo! :(

Also, scroll down a bit in the link and look at the effect the game is having already. Those random meet up pics are fantastic, as are the advertisements from places that certain Pokemon roam those areas.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1244314

I know what you mean. There's 4 guys at work now playing and talking about it. One of my nephews got it the other day and can't stop playing it and I ran into another of my nephews at the supermarket ( hasn't played or had any interest in Pokemon for years ) and he was harping on about how he's playing it and loving it to bits.

International server rollout has been paused until they can stabilise said servers. Boooooo! :(

Also, scroll down a bit in the link and look at the effect the game is having already. Those random meet up pics are fantastic, as are the advertisements from places that certain Pokemon roam those areas.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1244314

I know what you mean. There's 4 guys at work now playing and talking about it. One of my nephews got it the other day and can't stop playing it and I ran into another of my nephews at the supermarket ( hasn't played or had any interest in Pokemon for years ) and he was harping on about how he's playing it and loving it to bits.

Yeah, been looking over posts on Reddit (where the Bill Cosby pic came from). I think this is really quite cool and is the most interesting thing that has been done with Pokemon in years. What you've noticed has also happened with me. :)

Edited by Sheikah

Yeah, been looking over posts on Reddit (where the Bill Cosby pic came from). I think this is really quite cool and is the most interesting thing that has been done with Pokemon in years. What you've noticed has also happened with me. :)

Edited by Sheikah

I haven't played a Pokemon game in many a year, but I'm genuinely excited to try this out. What's great, is that I love geocaching too and these two things could really complement each other. Kinda bummed the rollout is paused but from what I've been hearing it might be a good thing.

I haven't played a Pokemon game in many a year, but I'm genuinely excited to try this out. What's great, is that I love geocaching too and these two things could really complement each other. Kinda bummed the rollout is paused but from what I've been hearing it might be a good thing.

Just because it's free doesn't mean we should accept how barebones it is

It always has been a thing

Just because it's free doesn't mean we should accept how barebones it is

It always has been a thing

The game does seem pretty barebones from what I've seen, but there's definitely an appeal in the simplicity of catching your own collection of Pokemon and taking over Gyms etc. without having to slog through the mainline games. Something very powerful stirs inside of me when I think I can actually find wild Pokemon walking around outside. Looks like I'm not the only one feeling the call either if social media has been any indication.

So excited to get out and play this... as soon as the server issues are resolved. I managed to nab my starter yesterday, Squirtle of course, but it was too dark to go outside hunting. Will be heading out a little later on, hopefully gonna catch a few and hit up a few of the locations around our town.

Edited by Guy

The game does seem pretty barebones from what I've seen, but there's definitely an appeal in the simplicity of catching your own collection of Pokemon and taking over Gyms etc. without having to slog through the mainline games. Something very powerful stirs inside of me when I think I can actually find wild Pokemon walking around outside. Looks like I'm not the only one feeling the call either if social media has been any indication.

So excited to get out and play this... as soon as the server issues are resolved. I managed to nab my starter yesterday, Squirtle of course, but it was too dark to go outside hunting. Will be heading out a little later on, hopefully gonna catch a few and hit up a few of the locations around our town.

Edited by Guy

It's nice to see this getting a lot of buzz. For a lot of people it might be flash in the pan, but its certainly gained a lot of attention and promoted activity which is always a bonus!

It's nice to see this getting a lot of buzz. For a lot of people it might be flash in the pan, but its certainly gained a lot of attention and promoted activity which is always a bonus!

Right how the fuck do we get it on Android.

Anyone?

I need to get hold of this! Long dog walk tomorrow will surely be full of catchable 'mon and may make walking the dog on a muddy field fun for me and not just him!

EDIT: Never mind - got it. :D

Edited by Aneres11