NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

Oh I understand that, I was thinking more of the fact that the game looks terrible so why would you want to buy an expensive peripheral for it? ::shrug:

A lot of people are still excited for it. It's bizarre.

There's no PVP battles, no trades. Pokémon are treated as items

It's terrible

The Treehouse Live segment also didn't reveal anything we didn't know. This game is a complete misfire

There's no PVP battles, no trades. Pokémon are treated as items

It's almost like a lot of people aren't stuck to what the franchise was to say what it (at least in a spinoff form) should be.

giphy.gif

:heh:

It's almost like a lot of people aren't stuck to what the franchise was to say what it (at least in a spinoff form) should be.

giphy.gif

:heh:

Pokémon spin-offs have largely kept to the Pokémon concept.

Pokémon spin-offs have largely kept to the Pokémon concept.

Change starts somewhere.

Change starts somewhere.

Change is not necessarily a good thing though.

Isn't change exactly why Star Fox Zero is so divisive?

And I can't believe for one second that GO! is a step in the right direction.

(Yes, it's a spin-off, but bear with me)

It looks positively dreadful. Everything about it makes me want to just throw up.

The microtransactions, the dumbing down of the battle system, the Genwunner pandering that makes X/Y look subtle and the gameplay that manages to make Pokemon Dream Radar look deep in comparison.

It'll do well, because it's free to play, on mobiles and it's Pokemon. And that's actually depressing.

It'll do well, because it's free to play, on mobiles and it's Pokemon.

I wouldn't be so sure of that... Pokemon Shuffle is hardly the big hit that TPC wanted and that checks all the boxes.

Go is a substantially bigger investment though, so we'll see...

Hopefully it won't turn out to be as crap as it looks so far though.

It looks positively dreadful. Everything about it makes me want to just throw up.

The microtransactions, the dumbing down of the battle system, the Genwunner pandering that makes X/Y look subtle and the gameplay that manages to make Pokemon Dream Radar look deep in comparison.

It'll do well, because it's free to play, on mobiles and it's Pokemon. And that's actually depressing.

Lets give it a chance? Surely wouldn't do anyone any harm...

Well there seems to be a big interesting so I don't see any harm in them experimenting. It may be rubbish, but what's the worse that can happen?

Don't forget that it's also a new "AR" game from the developers of a much loved one.

Ha we just lost a Twitter follow because of this game. He's well aware we're not Nintendo (sometimes people assume because of the username) but he dislikes it so much he's given up on Nintendo!

Say what you want about the game, it's getting talked about in the most unlikely places!

Cmro3GoUsAA6x3-.jpg

Say what you want about the game, it's getting talked about in the most unlikely places!

Cmro3GoUsAA6x3-.jpg

It's also on the Lad Bible. #lads

The what? Why does that sound like the kind of thing I'd want to stay a million miles away from?

It's also on the Lad Bible. #lads

The what? Why does that sound like the kind of thing I'd want to stay a million miles away from?

Just installed it today, and first impression was actually quite allright! I went to have a walk with a colleague, and we were both running around like idiots to catch a Magikarp haha. AR works good, GPS is accurate, only that battery drain though.

I'll see how it plays in the long run, since as with Miitomo the novelty will wear off. And I also wonder if it can be played free without paying for a long time.

Here's hoping to a more extensive version with normal evolution ways, levelling up by walking for example. And more in depth battling!

Just installed it today, and first impression was actually quite allright! I went to have a walk with a colleague, and we were both running around like idiots to catch a Magikarp haha. AR works good, GPS is accurate, only that battery drain though.

I'll see how it plays in the long run, since as with Miitomo the novelty will wear off. And I also wonder if it can be played free without paying for a long time.

Here's hoping to a more extensive version with normal evolution ways, levelling up by walking for example. And more in depth battling!

I cant find it on the app store. ???

I thought it wasn't officially out in the UK yet, and the people using it in the UK were on Android (you can download apps unofficially very easily on Android).

That sounds like something an antilad would say.

I cant find it on the app store. ???

I thought it wasn't officially out in the UK yet, and the people using it in the UK were on Android (you can download apps unofficially very easily on Android).

Ahh I see, thanks.