NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

For my first Go Fest, the weekend was decent.  Didn't get many shinies, well not event ones.  Got a shiny Chansey, Growlith, Bunnery and Grimer.  And the Rocket stuff on the 2nd day was good.  The fact that Niantic made it easier to defeat the Rocket captains and Giovanni allowed me to finally finish the one that was defeat them all and Giovanni on top of the Go Fest missions.  I agree with @Mandalore, having the Saturday organised made it better. 

The table booking in Brewdog at least let me charge my phone up whilst enjoying some beers (and where i caught 2 of the 4 shinies that weekend, the other 2 i caught at another pub on Sunday (i'm sensing a trend here).

Probably not something i'd be doing again, unless more regionals made an appearance.  Heatmore and Servipor were nice to see popping up.

• Like 1

Mega evolutions are live!

But they killed it. Completely. Raid about 5 times to Mega-evolve 1 Pokémon for a duration of 4 hours - want more? Raid more! But the raids require at least 5-6 people to complete. They should have made it free to Mega-evolve after collecting the initial 200 Mega energy at least and then have some cooldown period on it instead.

I really hope I don't have to bother about Megas in GBL, though. That would be a pain in the ass. Last season I got to rank 8 just before it stopped, as I'm doing quite well in Master League Premier Cup. 

Finally hatched an Axew today! Took a while. Now to walk it around for several weeks to evolve it. Except for Cryagonal, which is event only, I've got all that are obtainable without raiding and that are not regional. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got back into Pokemon Go lately. Feel free to add me or invite me to remotely join raids - 8120 3390 2235.

One thing I realised is if you join a raid and drop out (if there isn't enough players to win) before the battle starts it doesn't use up the remote raid pass.

Also I know a couple of new players who need more gifts, if you are able to help! 262638301972 and 502946298263

Edited by Space

Been seeing stuff that the level increase will require more than just xp though. Stuff like reaching certain levels with buddies, friendships, doing certain raids that meet a requirement. Not sure how true or accurate they are as I don’t think it’s been officially[ announced. Not sure if that stuff is gonna roll over from what we have too. Stuff like friendship levels a lot of people meet those requirements and it takes a long time to get a new friend to best friend. 
Haven’t seen anything on seasons but I do li,e that they are bringing in new things like this. 

11 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Been seeing stuff that the level increase will require more than just xp though. Stuff like reaching certain levels with buddies, friendships, doing certain raids that meet a requirement. Not sure how true or accurate they are as I don’t think it’s been officially[ announced. Not sure if that stuff is gonna roll over from what we have too. Stuff like friendship levels a lot of people meet those requirements and it takes a long time to get a new friend to best friend. 
Haven’t seen anything on seasons but I do li,e that they are bringing in new things like this. 

There is a thorough guide to this on their blog:

• Level 41: Submit your catching skills to a test of endurance! You’ll be expected to catch a high number of Pokémon in a single day, along with other tasks, in order to reach level 41.
  • Level 42: From evolving Eevee into each of its available Evolutions, to using certain Evolution items on specific Pokémon, reaching level 42 will test your knowledge of Pokémon Evolutions.
  • Level 43: Show us your mastery of Gym battles and Raid Battles! You’ll also need to have earned a certain number of pPlatinum medals before you can advance to level 43. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
  • Level 44: Battling other Trainers has been a fundamental aspect of the Pokémon RPGs since the beginning, but it’s still relatively new to Pokémon GO. Have you been developing your skills in battle? You’ll have to if you want to reach level 44!
  • Level 45: You’ve battled in Gyms, raids, and the GO Battle League, but to reach level 45 you’ll need to focus your efforts on taking down those pesky Team GO Rocket villains! You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
  • Level 46: Get ready to explore, intrepid Trainers! To reach level 46, you’ll need to complete a number of Field Research tasks, hatch a certain number of Eggs, and document your daily adventures using GO Snapshot!
  • Level 47: You may think you’ve mastered the art of battling in raids, but the requirements to reach level 47 will really test your mettle! For example, one challenge will require you to win raids with teams that meet certain qualifications—and that’s just the beginning!
  • Level 48: The requirements to reach level 48 are focused on one of the most important things in all of Pokémon GO: your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon! From kilometers walked to the number of Souvenirs you’ve collected, reaching level 48 will require you and your buddy to be laser-focused on developing your friendship with one another. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
  • Level 49: If there’s one thing that matches the importance of your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon, it’s your friendships with other Trainers. The people we meet on our Pokémon journeys bring so much to our lives, and cultivating those friendships is key to becoming an amazing Pokémon Trainer. Reach level 49 by sending Gifts, acquiring Lucky Pokémon through trades, and more.
  • Level 50: This is it! The home stretch! To reach the highest available level in Pokémon GO, you must master all aspects of the game. Some examples include making Excellent Throws, catching Legendary Pokémon, and defeating Team GO Rocket Leaders with Pokémon under 1,500 CP, so you can tell this will be the ultimate test of whether you’re ready to stand among the most accomplished Trainers in Pokémon GO. And, of course, you might also find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end!

https://pokemongolive.com/post/gobeyond-level40

Some of those will definitely take some time.

I'm level 39 now, about a quarter to 40. I don't think I'll be able to reach level 40 before the end of the year but then again, I don't care about avataritems or anything. I'm a bit worried about the level increase on certain Pokémon, though, will really make a difference in Master League, I figure.

About the other changes, well, let's see if it really changes anything or it's just more of the same.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

There is a thorough guide to this on their blog:

https://pokemongolive.com/post/gobeyond-level40

Some of those will definitely take some time.

I'm level 39 now, about a quarter to 40. I don't think I'll be able to reach level 40 before the end of the year but then again, I don't care about avataritems or anything. I'm a bit worried about the level increase on certain Pokémon, though, will really make a difference in Master League, I figure.

About the other changes, well, let's see if it really changes anything or it's just more of the same.

Thanks. There is a major double xp event from now (or there about s) that could help,you with that level,up. Add in a lucky egg and you could rack up the xp. I’m not much for the pvp stuff so some of those level ups may take time. Also heard that some aren’t carried over. So we will need to do all the eeveelutions again. 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Thanks. There is a major double xp event from now (or there about s) that could help,you with that level,up. Add in a lucky egg and you could rack up the xp. I’m not much for the pvp stuff so some of those level ups may take time. Also heard that some aren’t carried over. So we will need to do all the eeveelutions again. 

Yeah. But I still need 3.6 million EXP to level up. And if I get about 400 EXP from each catch, I need to catch 9000 Pokémon to do that. With about 40 days left that's 225 every day! Since I started in July 2016 (with a one year break until July '17) I have caught 17,562 Pokémon. So yeah, not gonna happen. :D 

Of course, I can do raids but still.

• Haha 2

Oh, now Excellent throws give 1000 XP and then at the moment 2000 XP. Now I think that may make it possible for me to actually make it. Now I have 1,798,320 XP - so since last time I got 400,000 XP! If I continue at that pace I might manage it. :) (But still, 30 days to get 3.2 mill XP is a little bit more than 100,000 XP a day which is still a lot and will require quite a bit from me.)

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

At 3,086,299 XP now... I think I'm gonna make it but I still need a little more than 90,000 XP every single day and I'm growing a bit tired of the constant checking and catching. And I run low on balls a lot of the time (40, 40, 40) but luckily I have a PokéStop that I can reach from my living room so can get a few there every now and then.

Good thing about it, though, is that I get a ton of dust, I have caught a couple of shinies and even a 100 % Bulbasaur. :) 

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

At 3,086,299 XP now... I think I'm gonna make it but I still need a little more than 90,000 XP every single day and I'm growing a bit tired of the constant checking and catching. And I run low on balls a lot of the time (40, 40, 40) but luckily I have a PokéStop that I can reach from my living room so can get a few there every now and then.

Good thing about it, though, is that I get a ton of dust, I have caught a couple of shinies and even a 100 % Bulbasaur. :) 

Keep at it. Do you have any friends that you’re close to a new level with. Remember lucky eggs double xp if you are. 

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

Keep at it. Do you have any friends that you’re close to a new level with. Remember lucky eggs double xp if you are. 

Unfortunately, the ones that I had a chance with are randoms that have become inactive.

But there is a Spotlight Hour with 2x XP for evolving. Am saving a bunch of (new) Pokémon to that time to use a Lucky Egg then.

Edited by MindFreak

There’s currently a nice research thing with Jessie and James that guarantees a shiny Celebi at the end. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

There’s currently a nice research thing with Jessie and James that guarantees a shiny Celebi at the end. 

Can you transfer it to Sword/Shield?

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Can you transfer it to Sword/Shield?

Not sure. I think I’ve seen people say you can only transfer a mon you’ve already caught in the game. Using Pokémon Home to do all the transfers. 

Made it to level 40 with no problem at all - even got about 700,000 XP into it. :) So now I'm toning down a bit again, no need to catch everything anymore which is a relief.

Also - got a Sandile on the day of Christmas eve. Finally. Walking it around to get the candy to evolve it now. 

• Like 2

I've reinstalled Pokémon Go a while ago. Mostly because I needed to transfer some 'mon to Let's Go to complete my Pokédex there. But, I saw plenty of new stuff going on in Go that I decided to keep it on my phone and give it a go again.

I missed a couple of generations of new Pokémon, countless events, buddies and Team Rocket. So plenty of catching up to do. It's nice to be able to battle some NPCs in the form of Rocket grunts (and even Jessie and James). It's also pretty handy to be able to hatch eggs when the app is not open but it is still counting my kilometres walked.

Anyone here still playing? I need 3 friends to complete a field research, so let me know if you want to become friends, I'll send you gifts. :grin:

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Anyone here still playing? I need 3 friends to complete a field research, so let me know if you want to become friends, I'll send you gifts. :grin:

Yep, I could always do with more gifts! 3548 0638 3941

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Anyone here still playing? I need 3 friends to complete a field research, so let me know if you want to become friends, I'll send you gifts.

Yup. Play daily. Not sure if I’ve added you before but 8252 6297 0301if you don’t. 

• Like 1

Cheers! Send you both a friend request.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention was I also like a bunch of the QoL updates, like how it's much easier to bulk transfer and appraise Pokémon.

12 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Cheers! Send you both a friend request.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention was I also like a bunch of the QoL updates, like how it's much easier to bulk transfer and appraise Pokémon.

If you or anyone else needs more then mine is 7302 5557 3396.  I don’t play loads, but still tend to log in daily.

8 hours ago, WackerJr said:

If you or anyone else needs more then mine is 7302 5557 3396.  I don’t play loads, but still tend to log in daily.

Thanks! I've send you an invite. That should cover my "make 3 friends" research goals!

• Thanks 1

Is it maybe worth letting people know about upcoming raids on this forum to try and get more people to join. I'm having a hard Time getting any new legendaries.