NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

Oh, for fuck's sake, stop with the Kanto Pokémon already, Niantic! From February 26th 

Pokémon that Trainers encounter early on in their adventures through the Kanto region will appear more frequently in the wild!
Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will be available to challenge in raids.
Pikachu and Eevee wearing flower crowns will make a special appearance as Field Research encounters and in the wild.
In celebration of Pokémon Day, you may even encounter Shiny Pidgey and Shiny Rattata!
Thank you for being part of our journey. Let’s celebrate Pokémon Day togeth

Seriously, we haven't had an honest chance to catch the new Gen 4 Pokémon yet!

We just had a community day for Mamoswine, and then a mini event for Clamperl and its evolutions. Shieldon, Cranidos and a few others were released a few weeks ago and a number (if not all of them) are available in eggs. Shiny Latias event has just finished and a Treecko community day is coming next month.

I don’t really see much to complain about over a two day event which includes the release of two new shinies, it’s not like it’s lasting for a long time!

Smeargle is out! He’s a bit different to catch the others. You have to use the new snapshot feature. Keep taking pics of your Pokémon in this new mode and soon enough Smeargle will show up photobombing when you review the photos. He then spawns on the map for you to catch.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Eddage said:

We just had a community day for Mamoswine, and then a mini event for Clamperl and its evolutions. Shieldon, Cranidos and a few others were released a few weeks ago and a number (if not all of them) are available in eggs. Shiny Latias event has just finished and a Treecko community day is coming next month.

I don’t really see much to complain about over a two day event which includes the release of two new shinies, it’s not like it’s lasting for a long time!

Clamperl is gen 3, as is Latias. Shieldon, Cranidos, Purugly or whatever and Combee were added and then four days later, an event made them more of less extinct. Then they returned and Valentine event started, vanquishing them once more for two weeks. 

I'm just sick of all the Kanto Pokemon, and I don't care for shinies. I'm not saying I don't like the events, just that especially Kanto events are too common. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

I'm just sick of all the Kanto Pokemon

Obligatory "Sick of Kanto Fist Bump"

tumblr_nm7fkn0CXG1rrgw5no1_540.gif

• Like 3

On 26/02/2019 at 6:21 AM, MindFreak said:

I'm just sick of all the Kanto Pokemon

Agreed. I know they are probably doing those for all the new comers and people returning to the game, but what about those have stayed with it and have those mons 10 times over? I have a complete gen 1 dex and only need Heracross now for gen 2. They are drip feeding us gen four but stick these events on that saturate the game with gen 1 again and leave the new mons rarer than a polar bear at the beach. 

Hoorah! Finally got a Riolu today in a 10 km egg. Awesome! It came with 23 Candy and I gave it all the Rare Candy, I had, so it is now sitting on 46 Candy. As my Yanma just reached 100 Candy at the same time, I swapped it with Riolu - so just 20 km from a Lucario! Then it needs to be fed with soime more Rare Candy so it can become a beast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried to see how many actice users Pokémon Go has now but can't find anything more recent about this than monthly active users by May 2018 (147 million). Anyone found anything more recent?

My village just got 2 Pokestops. Seeing as we're in the middle of nowhere and we previously had none, this is a welcome addition.

On 08/03/2019 at 7:59 PM, Goafer said:

My village just got 2 Pokestops. Seeing as we're in the middle of nowhere and we previously had none, this is a welcome addition.

That’s great to hear for you.  It makes such a difference having a gym within walking distance and it’s good to see Niantic still being proactive in adding new ones.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:36 PM, MindFreak said:

I tried to see how many actice users Pokémon Go has now but can't find anything more recent about this than monthly active users by May 2018 (147 million). Anyone found anything more recent?

I don't think they've released an update on monthly user figures for some time but revenue seems to be consistently up year over year e.g. February 2019 brought in 30% more revenue than February 2018.

Took down three gyms today and placed a Pokemon in another. Got a total of 7 coins today. 

The weather getting better means it gets harder to get coins now. :(

I'm quite fortunate still with Newport, most people go in after the raids are done and only a few remain out.  And as it's mostly an Instinct town (the area i'm in anyway), it's quite easy to get coins still.

Need to add a new friend for the latest quest! Anyone I haven’t added yet?

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

Need to add a new friend for the latest quest! Anyone I haven’t added yet?

Maybe me. What’s your in game name? If you don’t have me, name is the same as on here, then I’ll add you. 

Not only do I have you as a friend already, but a "Best Friend" :p thanks anyway though!

• Like 1

Just now, Shorty said:

Not only do I have you as a friend already, but a "Best Friend" :p thanks anyway though!

Cool. I seem to forget who I have. Just for reference I think there is another task later on to add a second new friend. 

Just traded with someone - she is a Great Friend, and I got a Gible that I didn't have in my Pokédex. I don't understand how come the Stardust price for that trade was 600,000 - it's neither Shiny nor Legendary. But I traded a Shiny Togepi for it - did that raise the cost so much?

@MindFreak You didn’t have it in your des, so I think that raises it a bit. I don’t think shiny increases cost, just special trades. 

zsaxlq84hco11.png

here’s a simple guide to cost. 

Edited by BowserBasher

Yeah... but it was 600,000 - so I don't really see where it fits. Perhaps it was because the Shiny was registrered in the receiver's dex?

44 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah... but it was 600,000 - so I don't really see where it fits. Perhaps it was because the Shiny was registrered in the receiver's dex?

Yeah. That’s the bit I don’t get. 

16 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Yeah. That’s the bit I don’t get. 

My guess is that it's because Garchomp is close to the most popular Gen 4 Pokémon ever.

Also, do the likes of Dragonite, Salamence or Tyranitar have a similar cost? Because Garchomp is in the same family of base 600 stat Psuedo-Legendaries.

Edited by Glen-i

6 hours ago, Mandalore said:

Is there a N-E friends list for Pokémon Go?

We have all posted codes in here but have not made a list, so I'd just go through this thread and add people as you see them.

2 hours ago, Mandalore said:

52 pages to look through, I think I'll just post my code instead.

3548 0638 3941

Ill add you now