NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

They really need to add trading to this sooner rather than later, the longer they leave it the more pointless it becomes as people will have already caught most of the Pokémon.

They really need to add trading to this sooner rather than later, the longer they leave it the more pointless it becomes as people will have already caught most of the Pokémon.

But then they can add more :p

But then they can add more :p

Yeah but what about when they run out of the 151 Pokemon?

I don't really see the point in trading in this game. Collecting them is almost the game's only function. Make that easier and you lose its entire purpose.

I don't really see the point in trading in this game. Collecting them is almost the game's only function. Make that easier and you lose its entire purpose.

Similar to match attax it would enable you to make use of your duplicates but mostly it would suddenly make a very solitary experience a social one.

Similar to match attax it would enable you to make use of your duplicates but mostly it would suddenly make a very solitary experience a social one.

A very solitary experience.... I think you were playing Pokemon Go wrong, in the prime this was the most sociable game I ever saw. Groups of people wandering around the park, running together to catch something special. People met up via facebook etc and made groups. People went out with their friends, family, even work colleagues on walks with the sole intention of catching pokes.

I don't know what a match attax is or how anyone has room for duplicates but I just think it would be abused and nobody would ever catch pokemon for real anymore.

PVP and Legendary Pokemon on the way.

"Due to the large success of the game, we had to delay some planned innovations," de Fayet said. "Right now we are working on some that are due to hit this summer (in the northern hemisphere), such as giving more value to the choice of the teams, releasing Legendary Pokemon and introducing PvP. One thing we learned with Ingress was that the game can sustain itself if we are able to create social interactions amongst players, and we are working on that."

PVP and Legendary Pokemon on the way.

1x2dnV9.png

I'll believe it when it happens. Niantic have been promising shit for ages.

So, that Pokemon GO Fest going on right now... Yeeeeahhhh... Omnishambles doesn't even begin to describe it.

I was all ready to come here to point and laugh from my high Keldeo, but after seeing some of the despicable behaviour there (Throwing bottles at people because you can't get a Lugia on your Pokemon spin-off game is just sad), I just feel sorry for the poor staff having to supervise there.

The only compromise is that at least I can say I'm not in the same group as those losers.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

At least that explains why Spark suddenly disappeared a couple of days ago - he must've seen this coming and gone on a vacation to avoid all the drama! :heh:

Nice ^^. Did you manage to catch it? I joined a group of 40 people yesterday, and got it on my first try. Didn't get Articuno yet though.

30 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

That guy is HUGE! Can't wait till they put Wailord in then. :grin:

The game doesn't make things bigger or smaller depending on how far away the backdrop is does it? If you pointed that at the floor it would look 5cm tall.

Doesn't it scale a bit? I thought they improved this, especially on iPhone with the improved AR functions.

Oh wait nevermind, ARKit update on iPhone is not there yet, my bad! Good optical illusion then@serebii!

9 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Is the gym coin reward capped at 50 coins per day or 50 overall? 

It's 50 coins per day. So if you have one Pokemon come back with 40 coins, and another one come back the same day, the most you will get from that second one will be 10. 

4 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

It's 50 coins per day. So if you have one Pokemon come back with 40 coins, and another one come back the same day, the most you will get from that second one will be 10. 

My pokemon came back last night with just under 3 days on the gym. Only got 50 coins.

Just read this on Eurogamer.com:

"However, if your Pokémon has been in a Gym for several days (accruing more than 50 coins), they will only provide 50 coins in total when they come back to you. It also means that, if other Pokémon come back to you on that same day, you won't receive any more Coins - as you've already hit the cap for that day.

As such, it is probably better to have your Pokémon return from Gyms on a regular, staggered basis, rather than over long periods and all at once to maximise your gains."

That sucks. So, if you've saved up more than 50 coins, the day cap will still be in effect when the pokemon comes back. What the hell is up with that? So basically, you don't want a pokemon to be at a gym for more than a day. It's still a good way to earn more coins than the previous system, but still. Kinda sucks that you can't get any more coins than 50. 

Edited by ArtMediocre

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:37 AM, Shorty said:

The game doesn't make things bigger or smaller depending on how far away the backdrop is does it? If you pointed that at the floor it would look 5cm tall.

Not yet, but with the ARKit in iOS 11, it will :)

I CAUGHT A MOLTRES!!!

My third ever Raid! What a rush. I used a Nana Berry because I read that the effects last longer than the initial throw, so thought I'd give it a go. Regretted the idea almost instantly when I realised I only had 7 balls. Missed with my first ball, then I did a curve ball, landed a 'NICE!' hit and...

...Shake...

...Shake...

...Shake...

...Nothing...

MOLTRES GET!!!

Over the moon. Never thought I'd even down one of these Legendaries, let along catch one. And I'm still a lowly lvl26.

• Like 3

Hopefully I'll have a bit of luck and I'll get one.  Never got Articuno as I never was around one with enough people to raid it. 

I have done a total of 17 Legendary raids

4 Lugia

4 Articuno

5 Moltres.

I currently have 2 Lugia, 1 Articuno and 2 Moltres.