NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience

AD 2046, technology has grown all over the world and innovation is leading the way. The way of delivery methods has changed since the creation of the super strong cardboard, which can resist every impact and keeping its contents intact. As the popularity of the material grew, so did its purposes. The super strong cardboard was used as material for special battlefields for LBX's, specialized miniature robots made by Tiny Orbit that were once banned due to their destructive purposes. Their popularity has again risen due to the specialized battlefield, and special models of LBX were made.

Four years after the creation of the super strong cardboard, in AD 2050, Ban Yamano (Van Yamano in the English dub), a male middle school student has been entrusted with the LBX "AX-00" by a mysterious woman, containing a Platinum Capsule. Van learned from the woman that his father is still alive and knew about a secret conspiracy in the government. Van himself must protect the LBX and the Platinum Capsule, as its contents could change the world forever.

Metacritic reviews to peruse.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Little-Battlers-eXperience-1027277.html

Apparently this game isn't too bad! Anyone getting it? It's out now on eShop.

Is it e shop only ?

No, it's retail, too. This does interest me due to the age of my son, too. But, I wait a little while for a price drop, cos I'll buy 2 copies.

I thought it may have been eShop only as Londragon posted about it in the 3DS eShop thread but on Nintendo.co.uk it says there's both game card and download versions. I did a bit more reading and there is free DLC every week til June 2016. Level 5 drawing from their Dragon Quest iX expertise!

Bringing this over from the gaming diary thread:

Yeah, got it just after Christmas in the sales (12 quid).

It's a bit of a weird one really, essentially Pokémon but with little robots. :heh: Presentation wise it has a slight Ni no Kuni vibe going on (although nowhere near that level of quality) and the story is absolutely atrocious (I'm actually ignoring that aspect completely now)! :hehe:

Battles are real-time affairs, but the gameplay has been very simple so far (about 10 hours in) and not very challenging at all.

I was sucked in by the customization thing really, which had the potential to be very cool indeed but has so far been a bit underwhelming. :hmm:

Still kind of early days, but I wouldn't recommend it based on what I've currently played.

Yeah, I kinda feel its Pokemon crossed with Gotcha Force. I'm only a few hours in but i'm enjoying what i've played. I will say that I do like the effort and presentation that has went into the game.

The story doesn't bother me as I realise that i'm not the target audience for the game. I just see it as a Saturday morning cartoon. I do enjoy the animated cutscenes though.

The challenging stuff is supposed to come post-game but whether the game will keep my attention for that long remains to be seen.

Hopefully you're right about the post-game, because it seems like a waste of the game's mechanics otherwise. :hmm:

Having this pretty in-depth customization setup where you can modify not only the main parts of your robot, but its motherboard :heh: weapons, special moves etc... would be so cool, if it was actually needed at some point. :blank:

Then there's the 3 different attack types and elemental damage thing, again completely pointless so far...

I imagine this must be a lot of fun as a local multiplayer game though, building up your own little robot and then seeing how it stacks up against those of other players.

Shame there's no online multiplayer. :(

I imagine this must be a lot of fun as a local multiplayer game though, building up your own little robot and then seeing how it stacks up against those of other players.

Shame there's no online multiplayer. :(

Yeah, the lack of online multiplayer mode is a massive shame. It would have been cool to battle it out with other players online and have a look at the different setups that people have.

You nabbed the free DLC yet?

Hey, @Hero\-of\-Time, the 3DS sequels have online multiplayer... ;)

I'm kinda interested in getting this at some point (I did enjoy Medabots AX, as you'd know if you read my VCW review ;) and I'm kinda itching for something similar), but I think I might just wait for the next game to come out in English...

I'm kinda interested in getting this at some point (I did enjoy Medabots AX, as you'd know if you read my VCW review ;) and I'm kinda itching for something similar), but I think I might just wait for the next game to come out in English...

That's if we even get the sequels over here. The game didn't exactly set the charts alight and dropped in price very fast. Not sure how it performed in the US though.

That's if we even get the sequels over here. The game didn't exactly set the charts alight and dropped in price very fast. Not sure how it performed in the US though.

True... But I reckon that they'll go ahead and push it anyway; what with the anime running and all.

Level 5 tend to keep localising a series once they start, Inazuma Eleven isn't a huge seller in the west, but they carried on bringing them out westward regardless.

You nabbed the free DLC yet?
If that was what enabled use of the capsule machines in front of the shop (pretty sure it was) then yeah, I did. :)

Really? Sweet! :awesome:

I wasn't even aware there were sequels. :hehe:

I'd be a lot more interested if they had some sort of local co-op mode, playing through the single player missions with a partner would be so much fun.

@Hero\-of\-Time, how goes your progress with this?

I'm at 14 hours played and currently on...

The difficulty has finally started to increase, and I've actually had to modify my LBX on a few occasions now (and be conscious of the status effects) in order to win some battles! :hehe:

@Hero\-of\-Time, how goes your progress with this?

I'm at 14 hours played and currently on...

The difficulty has finally started to increase, and I've actually had to modify my LBX on a few occasions now (and be conscious of the status effects) in order to win some battles! :hehe:

Haven't played it for a while. I'm in a bit of a gaming slump and really can't be bothered with playing much. Methinks I burnt myself out over Christmas. I think Hardware: Rivals is holding on to me because it's just mindless fun. :D

Sign in to follow this