NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Attack on Titan (PS4/PS3/Vita)

@kav82 will be interested in this.

Famitsu has gone up with a new online preview of Koei Tecmo and Omega Force’s Attack on Titan game for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita.

The preview highlights the game’s “tactical hunting action where you can move around freely while thinking strategically.” On the field, cannons are installed on the castle gates, and since there are a variety of weapons and ammunition stored in the warehouse, you’ll be able to fight utilizing them in battle, too.

Attack on Titan is being developed with PlayStation 4 as its lead platform. It’s due out worldwide in 2016, with Japan specifically targeting a winter release.

Attack-on-Titan_Fami-shot_08-19-15_004.jpgAttack-on-Titan_Fami-shot_08-19-15_003.jpgAttack-on-Titan_Fami-shot_08-19-15_002.jpgAttack-on-Titan_Fami-shot_08-19-15_001.jpg

I'll definitely keep a beady eye on it, cheers HoT!

I hope it'll have a multiplayer mode, it'd be awesome forming a Squad, taking down Titans and completing objectives together!

The smallest of teasers...

Edited by Kav

These kind of games are rarely as good as they ought to be, but I'll keep an eye on it!

There are ten playable characters:

Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Krista, Sasha, Connie, Jean, Levi, Hange, and Erwin.

The story is intended to let users experience the first season of the anime from beginning to end. Depending on where the story is, the character you control will change.

Scenes from the original work, highlights for each character, and so on are being created as proper events.

The story has been produced well enough people who don’t know of the original work to understand the story of Attack on Titan.

There will be original episodes not featured in the original work by the original author and supervising editor that shed the spotlight on characters.

In addition to the story mode, there is an “Investigation Outside the Walls Mode” where you can go about various missions playing as your favorite character. This mode can be used for character development, finding weapon materials, and gathering funds.

After clearing the story mode, a Warriors-style “Free Mode” unlocks where you can play stages with your favorite characters.

During battles, you’ll move along and fight throughout the stage to achieve the stated goal. In the middle, sub-missions like “Save So-and-So from a Dilemma” will occur. There are also hidden missions.

Players will be able to customize their weapons’ durability, sharpness, gas capacity, wire shot range, and movement speed based on their play style.

There are a large number of original weapons, including Japanese sword-style blades.

When you defeat Titans who have swallowed soldiers, you may be able to recover their items.

Sometimes, you’ll be able to recover resources from titans. You can use these resources to forge and develop new weapons.

The nape is a titan’s weakness, but there is a good reward for those who destroy all of its parts, like its arms and legs.

As you use each character and increase the amount of time you practice, new skills will unlock.

Almost all the buildings in the city can be destroyed.

I still say it needs a cooperative multiplayer to interest me.

You're dreaming, these kinds of games are not developed for long enough or QC'd enough for something like that. License + repetitive but fun arcade gameplay + the same visual engine that's passed around and improved on for all these titles and you've got a decent but very, very basic game, no different from the Naruto, DBZ or One Piece games.

When I went to Birmingham Comic Con a few weeks ago, there were loads of people dressed as characters from this, and I'd never heard of it! Looking at that trailer, it looks....insane. Is the whole anime based on attacking giant naked zombies? Or is that just one element to a complex story?

When I went to Birmingham Comic Con a few weeks ago, there were loads of people dressed as characters from this, and I'd never heard of it! Looking at that trailer, it looks....insane. Is the whole anime based on attacking giant naked zombies? Or is that just one element to a complex story?

It's a post-apocalyptic story with giant naked zombies instead of regular zombies. Instead of a group of survivors with guns, you have a walled city that developed equipment that essentially gives you Spider-Man powers in order to fight them.

Worth a watch. Even if you end up not liking it, the music's worth it.

So this has come out yesterday, did anyone get it and what are your impressions so far?

I really want it but I can't find it anywhere. When I get my hands on it though, I'll let you know.

I really want it but I can't find it anywhere. When I get my hands on it though, I'll let you know.

Wow, you weren't kidding, sold out everywhere.

Being a huge Warriors game fan I'll take his word for it, will have to wait to buy it anyway though.

Sign in to follow this