NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil 2 Remake

ITS FINALLY HAPPENING!!!! :yay::bowdown::yay::bowdown:

Classic survival horror Resident Evil 2 is officially being remade, Capcom has announced.

While details on the project won't be revealed for some time, VideoGamer.com understands that the title will be a complete remake of the original game built for modern platforms.

The remake is being produced by Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, the producer behind this year's Resident Evil HD Remake.

"We're pleased to confirm that Resident Evil 2 has been approved for development," a Capcom representative said in a statement provided to VideoGamer.com today.

"As the title is only just starting its development cycle we unfortunately don't have any additional information or assets to share at this time. However, for now we want our fans to know that we appreciate all the feedback and support we've received on this title. We're looking forward to delivering this highly anticipated Resident Evil experience that fans have been waiting for."

Formats for the game have yet to be announced, but fans should probably expect it to hit PS4, Xbox One and PC. A release date has not been confirmed.

"It's been great to see so many positive comments from fans that have pushed the project to get approved," added Hirabayashi. "The team here at Capcom Japan really appreciates fans' passion and support and will do our best to bring fans what they really want."

What with Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII and now Resident Evil 2, this has been a hell of a year for me in terms of gaming announcements.

Please just use the REmake engine and go from there please change nothing (control wise)

actually they added some content to remake, i wonder what could work for REmake2

Wooo, I've never actually played it. After REmake, I held out and hoped that they were going to do a remake of 2, too. Tutu!

Capcom never delivered.

Capcom finally delivered.

Awesome. So, so awesome!

Can't believe you've not played it @Fierce_LiNk, that's insane man!

Yeah, it's pretty bad. I was always looking for an opportunity.

Had an N64: Ooh, RE2 looks good. But, I haven't played any Resi game before because I was on that Nintendo-only time.

Get a GameCube: Ooh, Resident Evil REmake. Zero! Looks great. *plays both* I'll just casually wait for REmake2.

:)

:)

:(

I then thought I'd go back and get the game for N64, but it was rare. Then, I thought I'd get it for the Cube, but never got around to it.

I figured that they'd do it eventually, but it's taken so fuckeeeeen loooong.

Capcom, y u do dis?

I'll get it for NX :heh:

I couldn't get into it on N64 when trying to play it in recent years, and eventually sold it, but I'd be tempted to try out a remake :heh:

I jizzed hardcore hearing this news. My friends and I were actually phoning each other up saying "DID YOU HEAR THIS INSANE SHIT?!" and just talking about it. I'm scared that they're going to use the same gameplay as they did in Resident Evil 6 but I'm sure they wouldn't.

And who knows, guys, with Zero that's been confirmed for a HD remaster as well, maybe they'll do Nemesis and then we'll have the main Resident Evil games. I'd really love to see a HD remaster for the Outbreak files as well. Those games have so much potential to do well on the Xbox One and PS4, I think.

I jizzed hardcore hearing this news. My friends and I were actually phoning each other up saying "DID YOU HEAR THIS INSANE SHIT?!" and just talking about it. I'm scared that they're going to use the same gameplay as they did in Resident Evil 6 but I'm sure they wouldn't.

And who knows, guys, with Zero that's been confirmed for a HD remaster as well, maybe they'll do Nemesis and then we'll have the main Resident Evil games. I'd really love to see a HD remaster for the Outbreak files as well. Those games have so much potential to do well on the Xbox One and PS4, I think.

I'd like to be able to play the entire series on one system. So, 0, 1, 2, 3, CV/CVX, 4...don't really care after that. I know the GameCube tried to do this, but it's jarring to have one particular style and look for 0 and 1 and then to have just...ports of 2,3 and CV:X. I want all the games to have a similar, updated look.

We could be getting towards that. Although, I hope that the excitement that this news generates shows Capcom how much people want the older-style games rather than what it's become.

I'd really love to see a HD remaster for the Outbreak files as well. Those games have so much potential to do well on the Xbox One and PS4, I think.

125319457521.png

Those games were amazing and really ahead of their time. I remember playing them back in the day with my Monster Hunter buddies and at one point I was top of the Euro leaderboards for a few of the stages. Good times. :D

And who knows, guys, with Zero that's been confirmed for a HD remaster as well, maybe they'll do Nemesis and then we'll have the main Resident Evil games.

*very sharp intake of breath before controversial opinion*

I still think Resi3 Nemesis was the best Resident evil, there i said it! its so much better than 2

I still think Resi3 Nemesis was the best Resident evil, there i said it! its so much better than 2

pzIug.gif

You think that's bad, I've never even finished Resi 2 or played Resi 3 or Code Veronica.

Ive never played RE2 either so will be looking forward to this! Actually I tell I lie I bought the GC version and popped it on but just could not cope with the shitty graphics that it ended up being immediately taken back.

I actually need to download REmake still. Damn, i've just got too many games

RE2 is actually the only one I've ever finished! Will happily lap up a remake. :)

**OFF TOPIC**

@Hero\-of\-Time

Just posting on this thread as it is where ive noticed it. Im liking your avatar, its the same one as my phone background. I also have the tattoo on my back :D

**OFF TOPIC**

@Hero\-of\-Time

Just posting on this thread as it is where ive noticed it. Im liking your avatar, its the same one as my phone background. I also have the tattoo on my back :D

It's my pic on PSN as well, providing you have my real name, though. :D

*draws so much dramatic breath, lungs could burst*

I kind of agree. Resident Evil 2 and Nemesis really are top of the class and I could never choose one or the other. I mean, for me, Nemesis scared the fook out of me more than 2 did. Who didn't shit themselves when it was just Jill against Nemesis in the mansion and all you had was a pistol and a knife? It took me FOREVER to fuck him up! Great times, great memories!

You think that's bad, I've never even finished Resi 2 or played Resi 3 or Code Veronica.

You've just earned yourself time on the naughty step! HOW HAVE YOU NOT FINISHED 2??? OR EVEN PLAYED CODE VERONICA?!?! Nemesis I can kind of forgive but CV was just sexy as!

Ive never played RE2 either so will be looking forward to this! Actually I tell I lie I bought the GC version and popped it on but just could not cope with the shitty graphics that it ended up being immediately taken back.

I actually need to download REmake still. Damn, i've just got too many games

I bet you're kicking yourself for getting rid of that! It's worth quite a bit now. I really want 2 and 3 for the Cube. I still want Zero as well. I did have it but my neighbour borrowed it and I never saw it again. :(

Some rumors about the game have surfaced.

• The game will run on an improved and significantly optimized RE Engine with an impressive revamped lighting and shadow system
  • The game will be aiming for a solid 30fps at 1080p on a standard PS4 and 60fps at native 4k on a PS4 Pro. The engine loads different resolutions each time you enter a room
  • The game will be the first Resident Evil title designed with a 4k resolution in mind , Meaning that the assets will be in Native 4K resolution
  • They Believe that the game will be the best looking Capcom game so far and has the potential to seriously compete with games like God of Warin terms of visuals
  • The game's Camera will be an OTS View akin to Resident Evil 4 in mind but a bit “stylized” in execution , So I guess we will have to wait and see the game's first reveal to see what does " Stylized OTS Camera " means in motion
  • It will use a photogrammetry scanning Technology just like RE7 , Noting that Capcom Took note of Fan's confusion over Chris's new model in RE7 so that made them do more effort while modeling RE2 Character
  • Claire will have a different outfit while retaining some similarities
  • Capcom had brought in in outside contractors who had worked on the series previously, including people who worked on Resident Evil 2 and 4
  • The game will include campaigns for both Leon and Claire, but the game will overall be much longer than the original with lots of new content and areas.
  • The game will keep its horror focus and classic Resident Evil design elements intact

I'm so hoping we finally get to see this game at E3. Like Huber, the original RE2 is one of my favourite games ever and I wanna see how it's gonna look and play in this day and age. Plus, I wanna see Hubers reaction at the reveal. :D 

• Like 2

Ah, another Resi title for me to lovingly purchase and play very little of. (I normally wuss out). Resi 2 is the only one I've ever finished though, so will definitely get it - it's needed a remake for far too long.

I liked that trailer more than the one that was shown at the Sony event. 

I checked the EZA stream this morning and Huber's reaction to seeing it was outstanding. :D 

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I liked that trailer more than the one that was shown at the Sony event.

The trailer showed during the conference got me quite conflicted.

The trailer is fine but the whole 1st person sequence got me thinking the plot would be that you witness a murder from the point of view of a mouse/rat and it got me kinda intrigued because it's quite a unique concept and I was wondering how it worked.

But then Leon showed up.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed that the game I imagined it might be doesn't exist.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have no current investment in the Resident Evil franchise, having not played any of them up to this point, but damn. That was a brilliant trailer.

DkuWnJ3XcAI5WFV.jpg_large.jpeg

All yours for the low low price of £230! Shame as there seems to be some nice stuff in there ( I love the keys ) but there's no way i'm paying that. Along with Darksiders 3, it seems publishers are in a race to see who can make the most expensive collector's editions.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1