NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Dragon Quest XI

Dragon Quest XI announced for PS4 and 3DS.

Dragon Quest X also coming to PS4.

http://www.dragonquest.jp/news/detail/1408/

Ni No Kuni style dev process: Orca working on PS4 version. 3DS version being made by Toy Logic who made Kid Icarus.

PS4 game will use Unreal Engine 4. Looks nice going by the footage. Its a cartoon look like Dragon Quest Heroes but with open world etc.

Edited by Choze

So is this a singleplayer-open-world-JRPG-Dragon-Quest-awesomeness-affair?

If it is: FUCK YES.

We really should figure out how to make threads for games that are coming out on other consoles and Nintendo. At the moment there are 3 seperate threads for Dragon Quest XI.

We really should figure out how to make threads for games that are coming out on other consoles and Nintendo. At the moment there are 3 seperate threads for Dragon Quest XI.

Troll response: Well, we've never had this problem much before. :heh:

I'll close the General Gaming Discussion one, but I'll keep this one for PS4 discussion, whilst keeping the Nintendo gaming one for NX and 3DS.

Seems fair? Unless we just go all in on the Nintendo gaming thread seeing as that's the most popular one.

Troll response: Well, we've never had this problem much before. :heh:

I'll close the General Gaming Discussion one, but I'll keep this one for PS4 discussion, whilst keeping the Nintendo gaming one for NX and 3DS.

Seems fair? Unless we just go all in on the Nintendo gaming thread seeing as that's the most popular one.

To be fair it happened with Yoeka Laylee!

Anyway weird mix of machines for this one....all likely to be different in their own way unless PS4 is literally just a sparkly nicer looking version.

To be fair it happened with Yoeka Laylee!

Anyway weird mix of machines for this one....all likely to be different in their own way unless PS4 is literally just a sparkly nicer looking version.

I don't even remember that, didn't everyone just use the thread in Nintendo Gaming? Or was it General? I can't remember.

This will be the first Dragon Quest game I play, so it better be good. I'm guessing this will be out in, what, 10 years then or something?

I don't even remember that, didn't everyone just use the thread in Nintendo Gaming? Or was it General? I can't remember.

This will be the first Dragon Quest game I play, so it better be good. I'm guessing this will be out in, what, 10 years then or something?

It was in both. I think General started first but then more people were replying in Nintendo.

Your right about it not being out for 10 years Square Enix sure love to announce games and then not do anything for donkeys years.

IMO, there should be only one topic.

It makes no sense why people are talking about the exact same thing in two different topics. Not by coincidence either; it's a topic made for exclusively talk about that game...twice.

Having multiple topics just splits discussion, which for a relatively small forum is quite a bad thing. People who might have otherwise engaged with each other simply won't. It also leads to people staying in only one forum and formation of these sorts of clubs. I can guess who will post in the Nintendo forums pretty much exclusively, and vice versa.

For a multiplatform game I think one topic should go in the general gaming topic, because it can then cover other consoles and Nintendo games. Then if people want to discuss it they have to go there.

For now, I think people will want to talk about all three versions in the same thread.

When they are actually released, however, I think two different threads would make sense (depending on how different the PS4 version is to the 3DS). In theory, there could be different sidequests, items etc. and so there might be a need to differentiate strategies between the games.

It looks bloody gorgeous. Can't wait for the PS4 version :bowdown: That music :D

Oh and the guy/girl (?) who seems to be the main character looks a little bit like my ex girlfriend.............

I'm wondering whether to get this football game or Fifa 2017? Thoughts?

Some really nice visuals there. :)

Not only am I going to have a hard time deciding whether to get this on 3DS or PS4. (or Switch if it's on-par)

But if I get the home console version then I'm definitely going to be trying to climb every mountain and building I see as it will be force of habit at that point. :p

Especially that Castle/Bridge in the fourth screen.

No switch release date yet. Anyone reckon switch will be based off 3DS game?

No switch release date yet. Anyone reckon switch will be based off 3DS game?

Actually, from watching both trailers, I'm more convinced that it's exactly the same experience, except for certain mini-games. I'm sure Square-Enix can modify the PS4 version enough to run on the Switch, in the same manner as Dragon Quest Heroes I & II (hopefully not as much, but we'll see). From a layman's perspective, I don't think Switch can match the fine quality of the graphics in this PS4 trailer, but can't see it struggling with any of the actual game mechanics.

July release for Japan.

Looks glorious.

You importing it, @Ike?

dqxi.png

There's a collectors edition that contains both so might try and grab that.

dqxice.jpg

Honestly I was expecting it to be delayed. I've got until July to cram some Japanese. :eek::p

An LMSPS4?

That'll go nice with his LMSN2DSLL

And his other LMS PS4 that he already owns.

maxresdefault.jpg

I might have if it was a Pro, but it being a Slim has given me second thoughts on if it's worth it. Saying that, I might cave once it goes up on import sites.

Sign in to follow this