NEurope
Serebii

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - 26th Sept

Interested to know when the switch release will be.

Hoping it's not a lot later than the 3ds/ps4 versions.

Interested to know when the switch release will be.

Hoping it's not a lot later than the 3ds/ps4 versions.

My concern is the amount of time to make that version. 3DS has its own version that runs on its hardware, and PS4 has its own version too that matches its hardware. If there is a NX version it will be more than a port, as it will need to be developed to match the hardware since it almost certainly can't handle the base PS4 game (much like CoD games needed their own Wii version).

July release for Japan.

No real word on the Switch version of the game other than it's still on the cards.

Mochizuki asked about the Switch version. The reply: "It is still planned but no announcements today. Whether it launches together on the same day as PS4 and 3DS or not we cannot say today".

I wonder why they are remaining tight lipped about the thing?

I wonder why they are remaining tight lipped about the thing?

The toxicity of pre-order culture. Don't want to cannabalize possible preorders for other systems when they can likely release it later and successfully double dip.

That's my guess.

Should never of it announced it for Switch when still they can't even announce a release date.

We've seen no screens, no videos add now no release date. Pretty ridiculous.

That's a LOT earlier than I had expected! Especially for the PS4 version which, prior to this trailer, looked like nothing more than a basic tech demo.

Perhaps the Switch version might still come out this year after all? (especially if it's just a port of the PS4 one and not a unique version - would be cool if it swapped between the PS4 version on the TV and the 3DS one in Handheld mode!)

Looks phenomenal. Like IX, but with a full list of proper characters to choose from.

What on Earth is that bit at 2:04 though? :heh:

Should never of it announced it for Switch when still they can't even announce a release date.

We've seen no screens, no videos add now no release date. Pretty ridiculous.

Yeah there is still huge question marks over switch version. Pretty ridiculous we still have no idea which version it will be.

Hopefully the Switch release is just a slightly less impressive version of the PS4 game. I'm going to buy the 3DS version, but also want to play the PS4 game (as close as I can get it) on the Switch in handheld mode.

Is there a possibility that the 3DS version won't be localised?

It's possible, but I reckon there's money in both. The expenditure would be translating the story (which seems to be the same across the board). Hopefully releasing both will be some easy-ish money for Nintendo/Square-Enix.

A Japan only Direct will be shown for the game on 21st June.

[TWEET]876713242315243520[/TWEET]

A rumor draws near!

Het nieuwste deel van de Draqon Quest reeks komt naar het Westen, en ook naar Nederland. Dit bevestigt het PR bureau dat in Nederland de promotie van het spel gaat verzorgen aan Gamer.nl.

The latest installment of the Draqon Quest series is coming to the West, and to the Netherlands. This confirms the PR agency in the Netherlands, the promotion of the game will take care of Gamer.nl.

Doesn't say for which version.

https://gamer.nl/artikelen/nieuws/dragon-quest-11-bevestigd-voor-westerse

This reminds me that i have VII and VIII waiting to be played on 3DS. Ive yet to play a DQ game.