NEurope
Serebii

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - 26th Sept

Just announced during the Dragon Quest event (which covered just under a dozen upcoming DQ games. Yikes)

Confirmed for 3DS, as well as PS4

And since this is a carbon copy of what happened with Ni-No-Kuni, only the PS4 version will get released outside Japan :p

And since this is a carbon copy of what happened with Ni-No-Kuni, only the PS4 version will get released outside Japan :p

If the PS4 one didn't exist, I'd say Nintendo would help publish it in the west like they did with DQ9 (obviously DQX being online only gave them pause), but I don't know now.

Top screen on 3DS version is 3D, akin to DQ9 but with better graphics.

But, what's better is the bottom screen is all SNES style spritework of the game in real-time

CK_X6SMXAAAtcwI.jpgoM8pU7O.jpg

You can also change the battles to look classic or modern too

HOLY SHIT

THREE DIFFERENT GRAPHICAL STYLES?! TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY! Fuck I need a PS4 too..

A story scene gif showing how it's both 3D and 2D and visible all in real-time. Genius.

A story scene gif showing how it's both 3D and 2D and visible all in real-time. Genius.

Very impressive!!!

Another shot

CK_bHaQXAAAQ7P_.jpg

Why has this not happened sooner?

Apparently, if you use the Circle Pad, you'll get 3D battles and be able to avoid them. If you use the D-Pad, it'll be 2D and random encounters.

THE BOMB JUST DROPPED

CONFIRMED FOR NX

I SWEAR HE JUST SAID IT WILL COME TO NX, I MAY HAVE MISHEARD BUT HE DEFINITELY MENTIONED THE NX

Another shot

CK_bHaQXAAAQ7P_.jpg

Why has this not happened sooner?

Apparently, if you use the Circle Pad, you'll get 3D battles and be able to avoid them. If you use the D-Pad, it'll be 2D and random encounters.

Dual screen use like this is what would make me want a future handheld to be dual screen. Shame we don't get more utilisation like this.

Oh, it's also coming out on the NX.

Just checked around, I did not mishear it.

THE FIRST GAME ANNOUNCED FOR NX IS DQXI HOLY SHIT

Wait WHAT!? :o

The hell just happened!? An NX announcement!?

Super_Mario_Advance_3_-_Yoshi

Edited by Dcubed

3DS version looks awesome. If it doesn't get localised I am gonna be so pissed.

Will buy both versions all the way.

The way they announced the NX version reminds me of the way Yuji Horii announced VIIr and VIIIr are getting localised...

Yeeeees. YES! Fucking knew this was coming to PS4, shame Wii isn't here for the customary 'I told you so' when he kept saying it would go to Wii U instead. :heh:

About time! So glad that I can enjoy a proper DQ game again in glorious HD!

With a lack of Wii U announcement that again goes to show the technical limitations, since they'd probably have to work at 3 different graphical levels. Or just the unpopularity of the thing.

I wonder when the NX version would be ready? Surely this game would be coming out before the NX? I worry it'll be another Wii U situation where the ports come long after they've been available elsewhere.

Yeeeees. YES! Fucking knew this was coming to PS4, shame Wii isn't here for the customary 'I told you so' when he kept saying it would go to Wii U instead. :heh:

With a lack of Wii U announcement that again goes to show the technical limitations, since they'd probably have to work at 3 different graphical levels. Or just the unpopularity of the thing.

I wonder when the NX version would be ready? Surely this game would be coming out before the NX? I worry it'll be another Wii U situation where the ports come long after they've been available elsewhere.

Didn't you say there wouldn't a 3DS version.

I think no Wii U version is down to it makes no sense. Why release a game on a platform that is on the way out with a new Nintendo platform likely to be launched next year?

DQXI uses the UE4 engine which is why it's not going on the Wii U (although install base probably comes into consideration as well).

It's supposedly coming next year but the PS4 version looks really early in development so if it releases towards the end of next year the NX miiiight be out around then? Maybe.

DQXI uses the UE4 engine which is why it's not going on the Wii U (although install base probably comes into consideration as well).

It's supposedly coming next year but the PS4 version looks really early in development so if it releases towards the end of next year the NX miiiight be out around then? Maybe.

NX announcement Q1 2016. Will be shocked if the platform isn't out next year.

NX announcement Q1 2016. Will be shocked if the platform isn't out next year.

Only if by Q1 you mean Q1 of the fiscal year which is where E3 falls in :p

Didn't you say there wouldn't a 3DS version.

I think no Wii U version is down to it makes no sense. Why release a game on a platform that is on the way out with a new Nintendo platform likely to be launched next year?

No I didn't. I said that the developers themselves said it would be going to home console. Which they did! I said I thought it was coming to PS4 though but it seemed some people weren't having any of it. Just makes so much sense given KH3, Persona, FFXV (and XIV) are PS4 bound.

I can see it going to NX after the other versions to be honest. A shame as I can see the same thing happening as what went down with the ports on Wii U.

Edited by Sheikah

Holy moly!

Think you're right @Ike PS4 looks early in development, so if they are developing NX version at the same time, this will surely launch with NX/ other versions are released.

Brings up all sorts of questions, in my mind thinking that the control scheme for NX could be more traditional?