NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Dragon Quest XI

That 3DS version looks cool! I like the idea of having 3D on the top screen and 2D sprite visuals on the bottom! : peace:

Yeah, looks really good.

Looks like they kept DQVIIr's battle system for the 3D style.

3DS version seems further ahead on development.

People thought SE were going to walk away from the 3DS userbase. Not a chance.

A PS4 and 3DS version makes sense.

DQ PS4 looks SUPER early... That was basically just a graphics tech demo...

The 3DS game is clearly much further along (going by what one of DQ11 PS4's developers said, development only started not long ago; so it seems that they started making it for 3DS first and then decided to make a PS4 game later on)

I wonder if they'll release both at the same time or do a staggered release like what Level 5 did with NNK...

The 3DS game is clearly much further along (going by what one of DQ11 PS4's developers said, development only started not long ago; so it seems that they started making it for 3DS first and then decided to make a PS4 game later on)

I wonder if they'll release both at the same time or do a staggered release like what Level 5 did with NNK...

Will be interesting to see how it pans out in Japan and if the 3DS version hurts PS4 version sales.

Hoping it's staggered, otherwise the PS4 version will end up holding back the 3DS version release.

Both versions Ni No Kuni weren't in development at the time time were they?

Hoping it's staggered, otherwise the PS4 version will end up holding back the 3DS version release.

Both versions Ni No Kuni weren't in development at the time time were they?

Pretty sure they were. But these games are being made by two different developers (Orca for PS4, Toy Logic on 3DS) so I wouldn't imagine them interfering much with each other's resective development cycles.

If they do what NNK did, the 3DS version won't come out here at all. :heh:

And that was on the much more popular DS, and not at the end of its life cycle either...

As @Happenstance pointed out earlier, having three threads on this seems like overkill.

I'm thinking of locking this one. So that we have the Nintendo Gaming thread for Nintendo consoles and the Other thread for...Other consoles. :p

Anyone object to that?

I put this thread in General because there was no system announced and it seems no one checked to see if a thread existed.

But feel free to lock this one.

I put this thread in General because there was no system announced and it seems no one checked to see if a thread existed.

But feel free to lock this one.

Oh aye, I understand. I don't get how the same thread got posted in two other places, as if nobody checked to see if it was posted already.

The Nintendo Gaming one is pretty popular already, so we'll keep that one alive. It may be that everyone just ends up posting in that, so we'll see.

I'll close this one up.

Sign in to follow this