NEurope
flameboy

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D

Hey so I searched and couldn't find a thread....wondered if anyone had any experience with this version and whether it is worth getting? Noticed it's cheap in stores and was contemplating picking it. Played the demo and seemed alright only slight issue I found was that the low resolution meant it was sometimes hard to tell which way enemies were facing in the distance and to line up head shots for those tranquillizer bullets.

I know the HD collection is probably the preferable way to play but I kinda want it on a handheld device (and don't own a Vita)

Hey so I searched and couldn't find a thread....wondered if anyone had any experience with this version and whether it is worth getting? Noticed it's cheap in stores and was contemplating picking it. Played the demo and seemed alright only slight issue I found was that the low resolution meant it was sometimes hard to tell which way enemies were facing in the distance and to line up head shots for those tranquillizer bullets.

I know the HD collection is probably the preferable way to play but I kinda want it on a handheld device (and don't own a Vita)

I'm pretty sure @RedShell is the man to ask as he went through it multiple times :smile:

I played it on PS2 and then finally cleared the 3DS version this year. The controls can be a little awkward but it works well enough. Unfortunately, this was probably the entry in the series where I felt Metal Gear Solid deviating away from what made it enjoyable for me :hmm:

I'm pretty sure @RedShell is the man to ask as he went through it multiple times :smile:

I played it on PS2 and then finally cleared the 3DS version this year. The controls can be a little awkward but it works well enough. Unfortunately, this was probably the entry in the series where I felt Metal Gear Solid deviating away from what made it enjoyable for me :hmm:

See that is a separate issue really. I feel the same way about Peace Walker with it's weird zones and bosses it's like a westernized Monster Hunter.

Its a must to have the circle pad pro or a new 3ds, those extra buttons really help

I did? :blank: Really don't remember. :heh:

What the hell happened to the original thread though? Also tried searching for it just now, but it seems to have completely disappeared. ::shrug:

Anyway, I think the main issue with this version of MGS was the frame rate, but again it's been quite a while since I played it and my memory is atrocious. :hehe:

Guessing I didn't have any trouble with the default controls though, as I completed the game (multiple times apparently :grin:) without the use of a Circle Pad Pro.

I do remember there was that cool customizable camouflage thing which used the 3DS camera, that was pretty fun. :)

Hmm.. I did an 'advanced search' for Snake Eater and it came up with 2 results. This thread.. and the original thread :heh:

I thought you'd been through it more, @RedShell, but reading back a few posts would suggest that it was at least twice :grin:

You still have your PS3, don't you, @flameboy? Honestly, the HD collection is the way to play it. Is there a reason why you want it on a handheld? The 3DS version is considered the worst of the lot.

You still have your PS3, don't you, @flameboy? Honestly, the HD collection is the way to play it. Is there a reason why you want it on a handheld? The 3DS version is considered the worst of the lot.

Yeah I still have my PS3 I just want to play it and portable seemed the way to go as I need a few things to play on the go. Perhaps I can get it and then play 2 properly as well.

Hmm.. I did an 'advanced search' for Snake Eater and it came up with 2 results. This thread.. and the original thread :heh:

I thought you'd been through it more, @RedShell, but reading back a few posts would suggest that it was at least twice :grin:

Ah ok I got tripped up there I advance searched Metal Gear...

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed Snake Eater 3D. I should say it's the only version of the game I've played, mind.

Circle pad pro is a must, though.

Enjoyed it, controls get easier (CPP). But then the only other MS game I've played is the first on PSONE.

I've been meaning to go through them since completing this, been looking for a cheap CUBE remake of number one ever since.

Enjoyed it, controls get easier (CPP). But then the only other MS game I've played is the first on PSONE.

I've been meaning to go through them since completing this, been looking for a cheap CUBE remake of number one ever since.

yeah that's another one I want to play.