NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Games Done Quick

On 05/07/2021 at 8:48 PM, Dcubed said:

YOU CAN KILL EMPEROR ING WITH SCREWATTACK!!?!?!??!?!

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?!?!

This was new to me too! When they said they were only a few minutes away yet had this battle still to go I thought they’d made a mistake!

Didn't realise Summer Games Done Quick was this week. I'll probably catch up with the runs, that Metroid Prime 2 run sounds crazy!

The SGDQ 2022 schedule is out now! (June 26th - July 3rd)

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

An amazing selection of games here! Kirby & The Forgotten Land (That was quick!!), Metroid Dread (FINALLY!!), Banjo Tooie Any%, NiGHTS Into Dreams, Super Mario Odyssey, DKCTF... even Super Mario Maker 2 is back! This is one of the best selections we've had in quite some time! :D (Just what the hell is DKC Reverse Boss order!?!? I'm keen to see how that one works!)

BTW, for those that aren't aware... SGDQ 2022 will be an in-person event!!! Making it the first in-person GDQ since the COVID pandemic started in March 2020! So this is gonna be one to remember! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Wow I’d completely forgotten about this! At least I’ll be able to catch up on runs via their YouTube channel.  Anyone have any recommendations yet of what I should check out?

5 hours ago, WackerJr said:

Wow I’d completely forgotten about this! At least I’ll be able to catch up on runs via their YouTube channel.  Anyone have any recommendations yet of what I should check out?

It only happened a few hours ago, so I doubt it's available on YouTube yet, but the Ocarina of Time Randomiser is a fun one.

Monster Hunter Rise marks the first time we've ever seen the series at GDQ, so that's worth a watch too.

• Thanks 1

AGDQ has been running for a few days now and some videos are up on YouTube.

Watched the Crash Bandicoot 3 (from the N. Sane Trilogy) run yesterday. And here I thought I could run through the game fast :p

Might tune in to the Super Mario Galaxy 2 race live and have it running on my second monitor while playing some games :D

Two days in and they're already at almost $350k. :peace:

Holy shit!! Jhay’s just about to achieve the Any% WR in SMG2!!!!

PLEASE DO IT JHAY!!!

HE FUCKING DID IT!!!

NEW WORLD RECORD FOR SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 ANY%!! LIVE ON STAGE!! DURING A FOUR-WAY RACE EVEN!!

WHAT A FUCKING LEGEND!!! :peace:

Edited by Dcubed

SGDQ is ongoing. Pokémon Colosseum race about to start once Metroid Prime Remastered is done.

The Four Swords GBA run (first time at GDQ, that game) was fun, in that it is completely inaccurate to how the game is normally played. Trust me, if that comes to the NSO app, it won't be that cooperative.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Oh shit, didn't even know this was happening, thanks for the heads-up!

Time to subscribe to the GDQ Youtube channel for a few weeks again :D

Oh God, they’ve got QWOP going in the Twitch chat this year :laughing:

I missed the start, but good to the likes of F-Zero and Tears of the Kingdom in this years’ schedule.

Looking forward to this as always.

OHHHHH BANANA!

Walls really are just a suggestion aren’t they?

Sign in to follow this