NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Games Done Quick

Have only managed to catch snippets of this live so far; but I highly recommend watching the DKC2 video when you get a chance! It’s an absolutely mind blowing run! :o 

Why is it that all the runs of games I and many others are interested in are on during the midnight hours or at times between 1Am and 6am? American time zones poorly optimising the games...

Anyway, the next run that I'm interested in seeing, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, is after the current Starcraft run.

10 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

Why is it that all the runs of games I and many others are interested in are on during the midnight hours or at times between 1Am and 6am? American time zones poorly optimising the games...

Just wait for them to be uploaded to the GDQ YouTube channel :) 

That Titanfall speedrun is a real rollercoaster!

Right now they're doing a "Super Mario World" race. Modded levels, some cool stuff shown. I like the Mega Man level.

Watched the Kingdom Hearts III speedrun and it was amusing how they managed to destroy bosses with massive healthbars in just 10 seconds lol.

Modded Mario World race is pretty interesting so far.

As with every time they run it, it’s a great watch!  There are some inevitability dull runs or poor commentaries, but when you find a good one it’s a real eye-opener and amazing to see players who are just so much better than me! 😃

The Mario Bros 3 All Forts race was excellent & I wanted to see whether Mitch could make up for last year when he lost the hammer suit seconds before facing Bowser!

I've watched a handful of videos, and so far, this seems to be a particularly good summer for the event. My favourite so far was the Super Mario Sunshine race:

Whoever made the Super Metroid Link to the Past Combined Randomiser did an amazing job. Really cool how you get both games' powerups in each other.

• Thanks 1

Just watching the Breath of the Wild run. Always an interesting one to watch with all the tricks and glitches.

I'm watching the Octopath Traveller run.

Holy crap, it's hilarious how unlucky the runner is here. A 3% Steal chance is needed for this route. So for a laugh, the runner attempted a different 3% steal chance for an item that wasn't needed.

Got it first go.

As for the actual needed item. It took 55 attempts.

This final boss is killing the run though. Absolute horrid luck going on.

• Thanks 1

The AGDQ 2020 list of games is up!

Ones that caught my eye include Cadence of Hyrule, Pac-Man Arrangement, Pokémon X/Y, Super Mario 64 Randomizer, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (With an estimate that is around half of what it was before... must've found some very interesting shortcuts!) and Mushihimesama Futari on Ultra!?!?! (Holy cow! That's nuts!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

The Super Mario Bros 3 100% race is back, which is always a great watch, even if it doesn’t show anything new.  I’m intrigued by the Zelda marathon of games among many others.

DOOM 2016 Nightmare 100% and Metal Gear Solid 3 European Extreem Foxhound Rank.

I'll probably take a glance at the rest of the runs through youtube.

1 hour ago, martinist said:

DOOM 2016 Nightmare 100%

My brother and I just started playing Doom 2016 on Nightmare mode for the first time on the Switch, after an hour and a half trying to beat the first main room we left it.

Going just by that, a complete Nightmare mode run on 100% is probably more fun to watch than it is to play, I might even watch it for some tips if no progress has been made.

Might just bump the difficulty down a notch though... :p

• Like 2

Friendly reminder that AGDQ 2020 starts tomorrow!

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Quite a few games have been added to the schedule since it was first announced, including Links Awakening Switch, Super Mario Maker 2 and Untitled Goose Game :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Quite a few games have been added to the schedule since it was first announced, including Links Awakening Switch, Super Mario Maker 2 and Untitled Goose Game :D 

Seeing a Link's Awakening run without crazy warping shenanigans is going to be surreal!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Probably won't be able to tune in much live. 

Here's hoping a couple of runs from yesterday will be up on YouTube later tonight :peace: 

I always like to watch Super MarioDonkey Kong and Mega Man races/speedruns. Will try to tune in to Donkey Kong Country 3 in a couple of hours :) 

Nice! I'm home in time to see the DKC3 run live! :D 

Gutted that I've missed everything so far, but DKC 3?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just tuned in to the run and noticed that up next are four Sonic games :D Hope they'll meet donations the for Sonic '06 Silver run later tonight.

Personally I have stopped watching runs of games I've already seen done at the show even if they have become more optimised over the years. However, I am very curious about the speedruns for Marvel's Spider-Man and Pokemon X/Y, especially the former. The schedule says it will be done in one hour so I dread to think what kind of glitches they are going to abuse in the run.

HOLY SWEET JESUS @ THE MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI RUN!!!!!!

IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT!! :o:o:o 

Sign in to follow this