NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Games Done Quick

Starting off with Banjo Tooie!? Oh man! Talk about starting with a bang!

Meta Knightmare Ultra, MM3D, RE4, Pikmin 3 and a Shantae race all in the first day!? Dahym!

Mario Odyssey is suspiciously absent though... I suspect a cheeky donation incentive ALA BOTW's first appearance ;) 

Yeah most likely.

im sure it makes sense for their time zone but I do miss having the week end at around 4pm Sunday for us so we can watch all of the last big game. It always happens during the night for us now :( 

• Thanks 1

Yeah it's true, the timing isn't great for us.  That being said, these days I'm just not able to watch that much of it live anyway for lack of free time; so I'm used to catching up after the fact now :p 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah it's true, the timing isn't great for us.  That being said, these days I'm just not able to watch that much of it live anyway for lack of free time; so I'm used to catching up after the fact now :p 

Yeah I did used to basically sit around for the full week watching any game being played. Now I’ll try to catch the ones I’m interested in if I can but don’t have time to watch them all.

• Like 1

I think I've generally always been to busy to watch these live, though I catch up later and later these days. There's a few games in there I'd like to see but probably won't end up getting in it all until they're all done. I do enjoy speedruns but I personally end up finding them quite hit and miss when I came to watching them too.

I've only had the chance to watch the Sonic Adventure DX run so far, but it was hilarious!

Now watching the Skyward Sword run! (RIP My dude, we hardly knew ye...)

Edit: Oh! The Skyward Strike gets super powered in Hero Mode? Never knew that!!

Edit 2: DAT EXTENDING BLOW DEEP FARON WOODS SKIP!!! :o 

Edit 3: The back-in-time glitch manipulation...

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Dcubed

I’ve been really enjoying it this year. Managed to catch more of them live this time and it’s kind of reinvigorated the whole thing again for me. Now if only they could learn to spread out their schedule a bit better so the bigger games appear at different times that would be great. I had the day off on Monday and it was nearly all obscure NES games.

On 21/06/2018 at 6:31 PM, Happenstance said:

Kind of snuck up on me but Summer Games Done Quick starts this Sunday!

Didn't even mamage sneak up on me as I completely missed it! If anyone has recommendations of enjoyable runs to watch do suggest them! There was quite a few in the schedule I was interested in originally.

On 7/2/2018 at 2:03 PM, Rummy said:

Didn't even mamage sneak up on me as I completely missed it! If anyone has recommendations of enjoyable runs to watch do suggest them! There was quite a few in the schedule I was interested in originally.

I'm still catching up on them myself, but I highly recommend the MM3D and Super Monkey Ball runs!

• Thanks 1

AGDQ 2019 kicks off today. 4.30pm for the preshow and then 5.00pm for the first game (Hollow Knight).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Happenstance said:

AGDQ 2019 kicks off today. 4.30pm for the preshow and then 5.00pm for the first game (Hollow Knight).

Thanks for the heads up. I probably won't watch the whole show but I will try and catch the runs of games that I've played before. Don't think I've seen Tropical Freeze run on these marathons before.

Interestingly they have a Timesplitters 2 run, I don't remember too much of the game as a whole aside from the last few levels because I did them recently so might watch that.

Haven't been able to watch any of this so far, but I will still attempt to do so!

And of course, no doubt I'll catch up on the VODs later on!

Everyone needs to watch the Sanic Ball run. Just because it's Sanic Ball and if you've never seen this game you will love it.

The Sonic Forces run was pretty cool in how they skipped entire levels to get to the goal pretty quickly. I also saw the Timesplitters 2 co-op run which was pretty slick and smooth, what with one of the runners shooting the other to boost his walking speed and them getting set on fire in order to help boost it. Then 13 minutes into the run both of them suddenly left and took a break... mainly because the level was reliant on an NPC reaching a certain point in the level (NeoTokyo for anyone who's played the game).

Currently watching the Twilight Princess run. I may have seen one of these before... but it's still pretty cool how early they get the Master Sword and then proceed to break the game's order. They don't even do Goron Mines until after Arbiter's Grounds... and they do Snowpeak Ruins before that!

EDIT: They also completely skipped that long sidequest chain before City in the Sky too.

Edited by GenericAperson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched the Metroid Fusion run. It's a game that's been run for years but they've completely changed how it's done recently and the guy just straight up glitched the game's event system and eventually used the Power Bomb to go right to the very end of the game, skipping the final boss :o

I'm looking forward to the Final Fantasy 4: Free Enterprise run which is on soon.

I discovered the joys of item randomisers at the last GDQ and it was a right laugh.

9 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

Just watched the Metroid Fusion run. It's a game that's been run for years but they've completely changed how it's done recently and the guy just straight up glitched the game's event system and eventually used the Power Bomb to go right to the very end of the game, skipping the final boss :o

Haha, I don't have the patience to find and perform all these glitches. :laughing:

Blimey! That Link to the Past one hit kill run was terrifying to watch! I was flinching as if I was playing it.

Just catching up on some of it now... OH MY GOD YES @ URBAN YETI!!! What a masterpiece!

Mega Man DOS is another must watch :laughing:

Sign in to follow this