NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Games Done Quick

Watching all these games is making me nostalgic again. Think I might get the Retron 5 out tonight and put Mega Man X on!

I love watching speed runners break games. Just watching them go out of bounds nowand run around the edge of the world.

Yeah I find watching games I've actually played most fun and if the glitches aren't too mental or if they're small ones with lots of different applications. Will have to try and catch both this ALBW and Prime runs! Might watch with Marcamillian tomorrow if I find them on youtube.

I love watching speed runners break games. Just watching them go out of bounds nowand run around the edge of the world.

Yeah I find watching games I've actually played most fun and if the glitches aren't too mental or if they're small ones with lots of different applications. Will have to try and catch both this ALBW and Prime runs! Might watch with Marcamillian tomorrow if I find them on youtube.

Thanks, had a look through their Youtube and the schedules to try and find ones I was after. They're fairly easily findable which is nice, still have yet to watch the ALBW one though.

Thanks, had a look through their Youtube and the schedules to try and find ones I was after. They're fairly easily findable which is nice, still have yet to watch the ALBW one though.

As a huge Super Mario World fan I always watch the speedruns and this one in particular is amazing:

He's a teenager, by the way. Not sure how old exactly. It's awesome how the community supports one of the youngest runners.

Love that his grandma is there :D

"So it's pretty apparent what he was going for there."

"...Okay." She has no idea what's going on, but she supports his grandson and the charity event. Lovely :)

As a huge Super Mario World fan I always watch the speedruns and this one in particular is amazing:

He's a teenager, by the way. Not sure how old exactly. It's awesome how the community supports one of the youngest runners.

"...Okay." She has no idea what's going on, but she supports his grandson and the charity event. Lovely :)

Mate! Fucking loved that! Just like you I'm a massive massive SMW fan and that was just amazing to see. Absolutely loved that RezeNana was on the couch too. It's great to see as you say how well they all seem to support each other. I was watching the SML and subsequent GB game runs the other day and the main guy who did SML gave a specific shoutout to a few people who helped him out a lot and was also quite humble about someone else who took to the game much faster than him etc. As much as you can get the occasional shit people in gaming communities you also get just some really great and lovely people I don't tend to see on the same level elsewhere <3

Mate! Fucking loved that! Just like you I'm a massive massive SMW fan and that was just amazing to see. Absolutely loved that RezeNana was on the couch too. It's great to see as you say how well they all seem to support each other. I was watching the SML and subsequent GB game runs the other day and the main guy who did SML gave a specific shoutout to a few people who helped him out a lot and was also quite humble about someone else who took to the game much faster than him etc. As much as you can get the occasional shit people in gaming communities you also get just some really great and lovely people I don't tend to see on the same level elsewhere <3

I think we need to start an NE speedrunning community. Just competing against eachother instead of the actual world records. We could choose one game a month :p

I think we need to start an NE speedrunning community. Just competing against eachother instead of the actual world records. We could choose one game a month :p

Awww yis! This gonna be good :D

I still can't believe that there's no donation incentive for Pacifist vs Genocide run in Undertale though. Talk about the absolute biggest missed opportunity!

Eh, who needs Ruto to beat Jabu Jabu's Belly anyway? :p

Oh dear God... the game is so, so, SO very broken now!

Edited by Dcubed

I love how broken Ocarina is. It's interesting to see that the 3DS just has a whole different bunch of exploits to use!

Guy on AGDQ at the moment is playing Battle Clash with the super scope facing away from the tv and using a mirror to aim

Guy on AGDQ at the moment is playing Battle Clash with the super scope facing away from the tv and using a mirror to aim

Yeah, I saw that one. Crazy!

Missed the Shovel Knight, pacifist Ninja Gaiden and Pokemon Emerald ones though sadly. Need to catch up on those!

Edited by Dcubed

OH MY SWEET LORD RIDLEY!

Super Metroid Rotation err... isn't exactly what I had in mind when I heard the name!

Wow, just wow...

Oh... I mean he couldn't have picked a worse section to say something like that, during one of the most popular runs! I guess a lot of the runners/couch are used to live streaming their runs, but not physically performing them in front of live audiences, where they're so much more unpredictable. It was hardly the audience playing up, and to come out with that was sad and immature.

On the plus side, I thought the rest of the event was great as always. I'm still catching up on a lot of the runs I missed. The NES Duck Tales race was one I enjoyed so much more than I thought I would!

Oooh, Meta Knightmare Returns on Kirby: Planet Robobot looks like it could be fun. Not to mention the Tetris: Grand Master "2-Players, 1-controller" race.

Hey, the final game is EarthBound Glitchless. Awesome! Not a bad schedule this year.

Sign in to follow this