NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Games Done Quick

Have there been any awkward moments yet? You always get the occassional runner who isnt the most articulate (which I would totally relate to in a situation like that!) but sometimes it just gets weird.

For example:

Yeah Youtube is behind because they still just use Twitch to stream so theres no auto-archiving from Youtube so you have to wait for them to do it themselves.

Here is that list I was talking about anyway. Just click on the times on the right to go to the start of each run. They are quicker than the actual Games Done Quick people to update that list but it can still lag a bit behind. Like at the moment it only has the first two links filled in even though they are 5 games in.

Cheers for that link! Going to catch up on what I missed yesterday.

Have there been any awkward moments yet? You always get the occassional runner who isnt the most articulate (which I would totally relate to in a situation like that!) but sometimes it just gets weird.

For example:

Ouch. I've fallen off since Sunday night just due to being back to work/busyness/lesser interest in the games on the schedule, so not seen too much awkwardness so far really. I don't know if it's me, the American accent, or I'm just a closet sexist misogynist - but some of the girls on the mics did grate on me at times. I found the guys from the Squeak Squad run a bit nerdy(certainly no more than you'd expect from an event like this, better even) but maybe I was just spoiled by starting with a pretty chill seeming guy doing the Crystal Shards run through. I felt that I really enjoyed the commentators for SM64 though, there was one guy in particular doing most of it I think and he was very familiar with his speed run techniques and explained them fairly simply in my opinion(though then again I'm quite familiar with the game). There was a guy commentating one of the racers, I think possibly DKR, who whilst commentating what the players were actually doing did end up throwing in quite a few "I'm not sure I actually even understand it"s or something to that effect that I found kinda amusing for a commentator.

A lot of the time it shows how well the runner has thought about it all before time if they make sure they fill their couch with articulate people from the games community that they are running.

Im just watching Metroid Prime at the moment. No sound though as ive also got the football on.

The Super Mario Maker segment was really entertaining to watch. Two teams playing through levels they've never played, similar to the Nintendo World Championships the crowd was HYPE. This segment needs to be a part of AGDQ every year :)

Video is here if anyone missed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbDGGUysCuE

Edited by Nintendo Fan
can't get YouTube thing to work :/

The Super Mario Maker segment was really entertaining to watch. Two teams playing through levels they've never played, similar to the Nintendo World Championships the crowd was HYPE. This segment needs to be a part of AGDQ every year :)

Video is here if anyone missed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbDGGUysCuE

Yeah I was in and out of watching it last night very entertaining segment. What else has grabbed peoples eyes? The Transformers Devastation run was incredible especially considering the guy was playing one handed due to a lower limb disability.

That Mario Maker section was just brilliant! I loved that they got some of the most popular level designers to be there and make levels for the event, and seeing them played by some of the best players in the world was an amazing watch! The crowd were into it and it just made the whole section captivating. (& made me realise just what a novice I am at playing Mario!)

Edited by WackerJr
Added a"joke"

Every Mario fan should watch the Kaizo Mario Bros 3 speedrun. It's insane. :bowdown:

Everyone needs to go and watch the Final Fantasy run...its only 12 minutes long...needless to say the morons of twitch chat were not happy that this was on stage.

I haven't watched the full video yet, but those Mario Maker levels are amazing. Incredibly fun to watch some pro players tackle some difficult levels where I'd definitely need more lives then they're using :P.

Interested in seeing the Link Between Worlds, Tropical Freeze, Freedom Planet, Super Mario Maker and Final Fantasy VI runs but don't think I necessarily have the time to be able to watch them live. Might catch up with them at a later date.

Interested in seeing the Link Between Worlds, Tropical Freeze, Freedom Planet, Super Mario Maker and Final Fantasy VI runs but don't think I necessarily have the time to be able to watch them live. Might catch up with them at a later date.

Looking forward to the co-op Kirby & The Amazing Mirror run. I can only scarcely imagine how much they are going to tear the game to shreds! :D

Looking forward to the co-op Kirby & The Amazing Mirror run. I can only scarcely imagine how much they are going to tear the game to shreds! :D

Wow! Never realised just how abusable ALBW really is! That early boss key in the Swamp Palace is dead easy to do and all! :o

Wow! Never realised just how abusable ALBW really is! That early boss key in the Swamp Palace is dead easy to do and all! :o

I love watching speed runners break games. Just watching them go out of bounds nowand run around the edge of the world.

I love watching speed runners break games. Just watching them go out of bounds nowand run around the edge of the world.

Just watched the Tropical Freeze race live. Not a very close finish but still a really enjoyable run.

If I manage to stay awake I'll watch the Link's Awakening DX speedrun tomorrow night.

Just watched the Tropical Freeze race live. Not a very close finish but still a really enjoyable run.

If I manage to stay awake I'll watch the Link's Awakening DX speedrun tomorrow night.

Watching Metroid Prime. I have heard about all the glitches you can abuse but this is hilarious.

Watching Metroid Prime. I have heard about all the glitches you can abuse but this is hilarious.

Watching all these games is making me nostalgic again. Think I might get the Retron 5 out tonight and put Mega Man X on!

Sign in to follow this