NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Games Done Quick

ippWSge.png?1

https://gamesdonequick.com

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

It's that time of the year again! :D Anyone else here tuning in to watch?

(For those that don't know what this is, it's a 6 day long charity game marathon where the world's best Speedrunners gather together and power through dozens upon dozens of games, quick! Prizes and lols a plenty are had along the way too :yay: )

Yep I'll be watching. I've actually got this week and next week off work as well so will be able to watch a lot of it live which im happy about. Looking forward to the Shenmue II speedrun on Monday!

Will definitely pop in whenever I get the chance.

There's some insane skills always on offer at this.

Will definitely be tuning in but will be a case of as and when because of work however I am off work on Monday so will be tuning in for a good chunk of that. Will definitely pick up a tshirt as well as they usually sell some pretty cool ones.

Edited by flameboy

I can't wait! Some of the players are just ridiculous, and it's great to see how easy they make some of the games I played as a kid! Definitely worth tuning in for! The commentary the players give is always a little hit or miss - some are charismatic and give interesting / funny commentary, others are... just not as interesting.

Oh awesome : peace:

Won't have the time to watch most of it live, but looking forward to the YouTube uploads :)

Sonic Boom run was, as expected, completely glitchy and broken lol

Ironically the glitches end up making it more fun all round :laughing:

Here's the really helpful thread Reddit does every year that lets you watch the archives of the runs as soon as they come up

Also, I was sleeping so didnt see it but apparently the Crash Bandicoot run earlier was pretty cringeworthy with the runner making jokes about suicide, cancer, domestic abuse, murder etc. SGDQ's twitter account has already acknowledged that they've had complaints and they are discussing it.

EDIT: Looks like Twitch have actually taken down the guy's personal Twitch channel.

Here's the really helpful thread Reddit does every year that lets you watch the archives of the runs as soon as they come up

Also, I was sleeping so didnt see it but apparently the Crash Bandicoot run earlier was pretty cringeworthy with the runner making jokes about suicide, cancer, domestic abuse, murder etc. SGDQ's twitter account has already acknowledged that they've had complaints and they are discussing it.

EDIT: Looks like Twitch have actually taken down the guy's personal Twitch channel.

So I was watching this....and actually turned it off because it was too much. Pretty early on he was doing a practice where he was killing himself to get out of levels early and just kept saying "yep I'm suicidal I don't deserve to live" you could tell there was an atmosphere the clapping didn't seem as enthusiastic. Kinda ironic that the speed running community have been asking people not to mmediately repost videos this so that speed runners can do it themselves and get the hits/coverage and this guy may now have alienated himself from the community for good.

In other news I watched a bunch yday all the sonic stuff was awesome (poor shadow the hedgehog guy who was struggling to get people to sit on sofa with him) Only thing I missed was the DKC race which I'm going back to watch now. Got bit of this morning stuff to catch up on as well.

I'm trying to finally ditch Flash, so I can't watch any of this apparently, until they upload the videos to Youtube.

Edit:

Ah, Youtube videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesdonequick

If you wanted to watch it live without Flash, I'm pretty sure that they offer a HTML5 stream as well on Twitch...

Alternatively, there is this piece of software that someone made called livestreamer that takes the Twitch stream and pipes it straight into a video player such as VLC!

Yeah I've been watching the streams using Livestreamer. Had to miss most of them today though as I was downloading Windows 10 all day. Gonna have to catch up with the archives.

Awesome Games Done Quick starts on 3rd Jan, here's the schedule:

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

@Ashley @Shorty @Cube

Any chance we could get this thread renamed to just "Games Done Quick"? I dont think the event is necessarily popular enough on here that it needs multiple threads each year so it would be nice to just be able to use this as the main one I think.

Splatoon? Interesting one to start with! If I was at home I'd have probably tuned in - I presume they're gonna have each of the games' captures uploaded separately somewhere right?

Splatoon? Interesting one to start with! If I was at home I'd have probably tuned in - I presume they're gonna have each of the games' captures uploaded separately somewhere right?

Yeah they should do, the Youtube account can take a while sometimes though but Reddit are usually really good at having a page with links to the Twitch archives so once thats up and running I'll post it here.

Edit: woopa didn't realise I'm so behind the times - didn't know twit h had chromecast support!

Edited by Rummy

Annoying that YouTube's always behind - wanted to chromecast it(now in fact!) But don't even know where to find a chromecast friendly live stream -.-

Yeah Youtube is behind because they still just use Twitch to stream so theres no auto-archiving from Youtube so you have to wait for them to do it themselves.

Here is that list I was talking about anyway. Just click on the times on the right to go to the start of each run. They are quicker than the actual Games Done Quick people to update that list but it can still lag a bit behind. Like at the moment it only has the first two links filled in even though they are 5 games in.

Was totally gonna do some work I'm behind with but since sticking twicth and the crystal shards stream on I can't stop watching!

Yeah that was good watching. Something about it being live makes me wanna watch now, not getting a lot of work done but looking forward to more Kirby!

Yeah I find that I don't tend to watch a lot of speed running throughout the year but give it to me live at these events and I can't get enough. Just a shame that I don't have the same free time I used to so can't watch loads.

Christ Happs, I wish I hadn't started. Think I ended up awake til about 3ish cos I kept watching(I did play some Destiny whilst watching too, though). The SM64 120 star run just kept me hooked again. Made it til about the 90s before I probably nodded off. Just glad I can semi-work to my own schedule!

Sign in to follow this