NEurope
CoolFunkMan

R.I.P Satoru Iwata

I really hope it gets translated, would love to read it.

Such a heartbreaking loss. The only "celebrity" death that's truly affected me.

Yep, would buy that day one if it get’s translated and released in the West!

Can’t believe it’s already 4 years since Iwata passed away :(

Still miss him, especially in Nintendo’s marketing campaigns...

An interesting article/opinion piece was posted on IGN the other day that speaks about how Nintendo on mobile doesn't stand up to the legacy of Iwata.

LINK

There was a lot of outrage on Era (standard) about the article but I honestly found myself agreeing with a lot of what had been wrote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's an interesting read. Joe Skrebels, a clearly made up name, does great work.

I kind of look to things like Labo, Ring Fit Adventure, Breath of the Wild, Arms, the Switch itself etc for a continuation of Iwata's legacy.

Their mobile offerings are more of a necessary evil for their investors.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Joe Skrebels, a clearly made up name

...wut?

The book about Iwata that was published in Japan is getting a localisation by Viz Media.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

FUCK YES!!! FINALLY!!!

giphy.gif

About bloody time! Will buy it the second it’s available!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

FUCK YES!!! FINALLY!!!

giphy.gif

About bloody time! Will buy it the second it’s available!

You and me both!

Tried twice to do a thread rip but kept putting the other thread into this one 🤦

Anyway, I'm not a big merch thing but this is a really nice idea and I hope they put a lot more around him, his experience, life etc alongside all the Ask Iwata things. Might pick up a digital copy for my travels when they pick up again.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ike said:

Physical book is up for preorder at Amazon.

Aaaaannnndddd bought.  Thanks for the heads up :peace:

• Like 1

Physical book seems to be delayed to May, according to Amazon, but the Kindle version is available now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I got an email saying it had been delayed but it didn't specify as to when so at least we know it will be next month 

1 minute ago, Josh64 said:

Yeah I got an email saying it had been delayed but it didn't specify as to when so at least we know it will be next month 

The site lists 27th, seen the same date at other places as well.

Yeah, the physical book has been delayed till May 27th (my copy is delayed too).

Has anybody here received a physical copy of the book yet? I ordered it as soon as it went up on the Book Depository but they refunded me today, saying that they won't be able to fulfil the order. Plenty of other UK outlets are still listing it for sale, coming out on May 27th, but there's no telling if that date is going to stick. I know it's been published physically in the US, Damiani showed off his copy on a recent episode of Friend Code, so it's frustrating that it keeps getting pushed back here.

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

Has anybody here received a physical copy of the book yet? I ordered it as soon as it went up on the Book Depository but they refunded me today, saying that they won't be able to fulfil the order. Plenty of other UK outlets are still listing it for sale, coming out on May 27th, but there's no telling if that date is going to stick. I know it's been published physically in the US, Damiani showed off his copy on a recent episode of Friend Code, so it's frustrating that it keeps getting pushed back here.

Haven't received mine yet. I ordered with Amazon, but they've been very hit and miss lately (they've delivered a bunch of manga for my younger brother days - if not weeks - late over the last few months), so I'm not that confident that it'll actually show up on the 27th if I'm being honest. Fingers crossed though! 

Nothing yet but also no message about a cancellation either so hopefully it sticks. 

Got mine two weeks ago or so.

edit: just checked, delivered on april 16th (through bol.com, local webshop in the Netherlands)

Edited by markderoos
  • Like 1

Been charged for mine, order says it will be delivered tomorrow.

• Thanks 1