NEurope
CoolFunkMan

R.I.P Satoru Iwata

What a terrible loss. He seemed like a wonderful man and he will be greatly missed.

This one got me :(

KKa02Ht.jpg

So many tributes going around the net. Times like this, it shows me why this industry is amazing.

Such a wonderful, warm human being.

I felt like I knew him, he brought so much joy to my life over the years. I'm absolutely devastated.

I've woke up to see this news and I'm devastated. This one has hit me really hard and I'm literally in tears as I write this.

While many may remember him for his business skills and programming genius, I will always remember him for his personality. He always came across as a man who had a passion for his work. His quirky antics, in both the Directs and Iwata Asks, never failed to bring a smile on my face.

His vision of expanding the market and trying to get the world to enjoy something that he enjoyed was inspired. He set out to bring smiles to the faces of everyone who played Nintendo games and I think we can all agree that his mission was a success.

R.I.P Iwata. I will never forget what you done for the industry and for the joy that you brought to my own life.

KKa02Ht.jpg

Out of nowhere (for me), there's a difference between ill and bike duct cancer. RIP Iwata... :(

Will we ever now have the fruit starting explained?

Just woke up to this news.... :( such a shock, he must have been putting up a brave face all of this time.

RIP Mr Iwata.

Devastating news. RIP Iwata :( Will sorely miss his presence in Nintendo Directs and the brilliant Iwata Ask interviews.

55 is no age to die. And it makes me scared for one of my friends who is suffering with liver and bile duct problems, thankfully not cancerous though.

I really hope that Nintendo's next leader continues with Iwata's vision of bringing joy to the world through gaming.

I have no words right now :(

Farewell Iwata-san

Gamexplain did a good tribute video in honour of him.

Would be nice if we could get together to make something like this here on the forums. I'm not the best when it comes to video editing, but I can do basic stuff and capture footage of just about any game (outside of DS/3DS).

Edited by Dcubed

Man, it's going to be sad when his name comes up in the credits of Nintendo's upcoming games.

Even sadder once it has gone :(

Devastating news. Some wonderful tributes to a great man. He contributed a huge amount to the gaming industry and to the games I enjoy. My deepest sympathies to his friends and family. A sad sad day.

Man, it's going to be sad when his name comes up in the credits of Nintendo's upcoming games.

They need to add in a last minute tribute to him in Mario Maker. Somewhat fitting seeing as he was one of the greatest game programmers to hit the industry.

Wonder if they'll do something special for him in Super Mario Maker's credits? That game, of all of Nintendo's upcoming titles, seems the most fitting for a lifetime tribute of sorts. A means of passing the creative torch to a new generation; especially as it acts as an approachable way for many many people to get their first real taste of game and level design.

Seems only right.

I've went through the Gaf thread and grabbed all the images I could find that pay tribute to this great man.

even_big_brothers_cryv0k2x.png

quote-on-my-business-card-i-am-a-corporate-president-in-my-mind-i-am-a-game-developer-but-satoru-iwata-76-31-12.jpg

g9rOpkF.png

4EbBdUu.jpg

CJwUEdiUcAAnO8Y.jpg

hHrByDz.png?1

CJwTaPZUsAA7jTP.jpg

3eMAM5W.gif

9ixffNS.png

get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FCJwUEo9UMAA4ub2.jpg&key=n7tY0Hclef_cMv5o-1X8kA&w=800&h=582

LjN0f2z.jpg

kcyjdLb.png

qUxOnPk.png

pVf3tpI.png

IejbI0a.jpg

hQP2pvK.jpg

zmk2L12.png

CJxIZK5UwAA8zkv.jpg

xxTdiFs.jpg

CJxTswlUAAE95K9.jpg

tumblr_nremjmKFDI1qimav9o1_500.png

2015-07-13-tributetomriwata.png

original.gif

I was driving to work and they mentioned his death on the news. The news was then followed by See You Again. Yup, I completely lost it again. I probably got some funny looks while I was stopped at the traffic lights. :(

They need to add in a last minute tribute to him in Mario Maker. Somewhat fitting seeing as he was one of the greatest game programmers to hit the industry.

Wonder if they'll do something special for him in Super Mario Maker's credits? That game, of all of Nintendo's upcoming titles, seems the most fitting for a lifetime tribute of sorts. A means of passing the creative torch to a new generation; especially as it acts as an approachable way for many many people to get their first real taste of game and level design.

Seems only right.

Absolutely agree. I did wonder if it was too late for such a thing but I guess they can always put it in as a day 1 update. Would be the perfect game to pay tribute to such an influential developer.

I was too young to remember it, but I imagine the only thing comparable to Iwata's death was that of Gunpei Yokoi, and even then, he'd left Nintendo a year before his sad death :(

Unbelievably sad news, feel like I've just lost a family member. :(

Still in shock.

R.I.P Satoru Iwata. :cry:

I've went through the Gaf thread and grabbed all the images I could find that pay tribute to this great man.

even_big_brothers_cryv0k2x.png

quote-on-my-business-card-i-am-a-corporate-president-in-my-mind-i-am-a-game-developer-but-satoru-iwata-76-31-12.jpg

g9rOpkF.png

4EbBdUu.jpg

CJwUEdiUcAAnO8Y.jpg

hHrByDz.png?1

CJwTaPZUsAA7jTP.jpg

3eMAM5W.gif

9ixffNS.png

get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FCJwUEo9UMAA4ub2.jpg&key=n7tY0Hclef_cMv5o-1X8kA&w=800&h=582

LjN0f2z.jpg

kcyjdLb.png

qUxOnPk.png

pVf3tpI.png

IejbI0a.jpg

hQP2pvK.jpg

zmk2L12.png

CJxIZK5UwAA8zkv.jpg

xxTdiFs.jpg

CJxTswlUAAE95K9.jpg

tumblr_nremjmKFDI1qimav9o1_500.png

2015-07-13-tributetomriwata.png

original.gif

I was driving to work and they mentioned his death on the news. The news was then followed by See You Again. Yup, I completely lost it again. I probably got some funny looks while I was stopped at the traffic lights. :(

Can't click spoiler until I'm alone, a bit too emotional, must keep up manly facade!

So much dust in this room a the moment...:(

Sad to hear this. Really does put a twist in my stomach, he was much too young.

Shocked to hear about this news. My thoughts go towards his family and friends.

R.I.P Iwata Satoru

I want them to do a memorial Iwata Mii amiibo

nintendo-is-making-an-app-to-bring-miis-to-social-networks-1115296.jpg

With this pose, of course.

Very sad and devastating news, thoughts are with Iwata's family at this time.

As much as some of us thought he lost it in recent years (yes, i was one of them), his work in the industry and helping to make it what it is today cannot be ignored. I played some Kirby's Adventure on the way to work today in memory of a great man.

R.I.P Satoru Iwata. You shall be missed terribly

Sad news indeed.

The guy must've been very dedicated to his mission to continue working for as long as he did.