NEurope
Jonnas

Ace Attorney - One-Shot Mafia

...@Jonnas, can I just say that when you were dishing out the roles for this mafia, you gave Sheikah the perfect character, pal. =P

That said, whilst I get that Mafia games can be stressful sometimes, there's no need for becoming frustrated to the point of swearing or getting aggressive towards others. This is a game, and I'm sure we all want it to be a fun to play with a non-hostile environment. Please try to be more respectful to your fellow players, no matter what alignment in the game you think they may be.

Well that's a pretty condescending post.

You know nothing about me and don't assume that because I swear, I'm "frustrated to the point of swearing". I often swear but it's just part of the way I speak. Swearing on occasion can be a decent way of placing emphasis. As long as you're not telling people to go fuck themselves, instead using language as a means to emphasise occasionally then I don't see why you're getting on your high horse about it. Do you really take such offence whenever an F-bomb is dropped casually into language? Come on man, don't be that guy.

I think the problem here is that kav has a valid point but you are essentially trying to topple it by pointing out that it's a small issue in your eyes.

Posted in response to Ronnie earlier in the Splatoon thread.

Don't be that hypocrite ;)

Posted in response to Ronnie earlier in the Splatoon thread.

Don't be that hypocrite ;)

How was that condescending? Ronnie was causing a stir in the topic that he'd just been unbanned from over Kav's opinions when he could have just left it be. It's the same thing we've seen over and over and I didn't want to see it happen again. Sometimes a bit of outsider perspective can help.

It's a shame that both you and Sprout are making this personal. I'm here to play this game; nothing more. Bringing off-topic quotes in and commenting on language used in a totally impersonal way is just dragging the mood down.

Well that's a pretty condescending post.

You know nothing about me and don't assume that because I swear, I'm "frustrated to the point of swearing". I often swear but it's just part of the way I speak. Swearing on occasion can be a decent way of placing emphasis. As long as you're not telling people to go fuck themselves, instead using language as a means to emphasise occasionally then I don't see why you're getting on your high horse about it. Do you really take such offence whenever an F-bomb is dropped casually into language? Come on man, don't be that guy.

Well, the first line of my post was a joke. =P

As for the rest, it was just intended as a friendly message (or at least I thought it was) that echoes what Rummy said when the previous session ended, and there was no intention to cause conflict. Jonnas, as game moderator, can judge whether my post was condescending and act accordingly, but really, I'm just not that type of guy, and I'm sure people here have seen me posting and known me long enough to agree with that. It wasn't intended as a starting point for an off-topic discussion, but that's what has happened, so I apologise to Jonnas for that. Oh, and I'm from "the north", so I'm pretty used to swearing, heh. I'm also not gonna speak for DuD, but I agree that he shouldn't be bringing stuff from outside of the game into here.

----

To get back on topic, pal: I don't think Jonnas has any favouritism over me, certainly not to the point where I'm an overpowered "Gamemaster". I have to use the "Hey Pal!" bubble to activate it which makes it more obvious, and as I don't know the roles of others at the beginning of the game, I have to use it through my own deduction or guesswork. Cube was a guess. DuD was believing in him after what he said about his target lined up with my info. Maybe I was a bit lucky, too.

I chose to target somebody other than Diageo because I figured that you, Diageo and DuD would have a high chance of interference of some sort. I chose Rummy because his posts towards the end of the previous session were a bit suspect. Take the results however you please.

Hang on a minute, that's not true at all.

IIRC Rummy mentioned that as Diageo called somebody a shit stirrer, which is probably towing the line as it's pretty much name calling.

Using the F word to say part of the fucking Mafia or some such (e.g. calling schemes bullshit) has no name calling or personal element to it. It's just language man. No one is frothing at their screens as they type here. Do you honestly never speak to people who casually swear?

Oh, yeah I was addressing Diageo.

But I was also making the post that all's fair in love and mafia. Where as it might bother me somewhere else, I take it all as part of the mafia game here(even if it's not).

As for shit-stirring? I was sitting on my info until today(which I posted earlier) but I wanted to be a bit vague to leave some confusion for night targetting that maybe we'd get something new or different?

Having said that above - I'm actually quite in agreement with a point someone's made of NOT going for what you're expected to go for from the thread, exactly because it's expected.

Well if sprout had gone for what is expected, because I protected him he could have gotten a great investigation on me without any interference. But he decided to be the Wiley investigator that gets a town lynched because his strategic playing doesn't take into consideration having wrong information.

There's already been the note that no one has seen again and now rummy is coming up with some bullshit about me having no target even though two people can attest to my power. Can't you see how even "confirmed" townies are getting their powers messed with.

now rummy is coming up with some bullshit about me having no target even though

Your reading skills sure are bad, dawg! Just as bad as your memory! Might be worth looking at what I said again, y'kno...

Vote Standings

Diageo (3): DuD, Sprout, Rummy

DuD (2): Diageo, Sheikah

Majority is 6

---------

Ok, just so we don't get into more off-topic here, a few points:

Language: I don't know much about what kind of language is supposed to be offensive in British English or not (I've seen posts here in N-E that I thought were crude, but were apparently fine in the context they were used), but I do come from a swear-happy part of Portugal. If there's something I learned, is that people can be bothered by language regardless of the intentions of the speaker (and remember, this is the internet. Words are stronger without body language).

Generally speaking, whether language is strong or not is decided by the listener. If your words end up bothering someone despite your intentions, just accept that they didn't come across as you wished, and try to learn from it in further interactions with that person/people (you might notice that this happened both ways: Sprout thought Sheikah was getting aggressive, and Sheikah in turn thought Sprout was getting condescending).

In a nutshell, let's accept that comments made here can escalate quickly (and they do, I've seen mafia games get genuinely ugly), and try to not take comments personally, as they are rarely meant as such (Rummy's posts, for example, are being made in-character, and I see them as tongue-in-cheek, but I can also see them being taken the wrong way).

Regarding @DuD, what you did there definitely reaches the line, though. There is no need to bring issues from other threads into this game, as that sort of thing just leads to things actually getting personal. The whole point of these arguments is that they are contained to the game at hand.

I know I've not been so vocal this game but I am around and following the game, I just don't have much to add. For what it's worth, I'm pretty much thinking the same as DuD in that we should be looking at Diageo, Sheikah and Dannyboy. So Vote: Diageo.

On break 1 jayseven targetted Diageo; but I didn't know what he'd done to him. On break 2, I was roleblocked/cuffed, but someone's info(I think Cube) suggested jayseven hadn't targetted me AND jayseven said he had been told on break 2 that he was told he didn't need to target his target or that it was useless - if that was me then someone ELSE was the roleblocker who roleblocked me with handcuffs, and so I felt it rather convenient that Diageo retrospectively claimed my roleblocker was his roleblocker, when I don't think it was the case. I think he WAS tied up rather than handcuffed, and I thought it'd be by jayseven and he was trying to make a fit to suit him.

I had two people target me the first night, one handcuffed me and one removed them. Doesn't mean jayseven is the handcuffer.

Having tried to track Diageo again last night - I couldn't/he 'apparently' targeted no one with some flavour, but I had added flavour that said he was targetting someone and I couldn't quite see or so.

[character] Or something like that, dawg. I don't buy he had nuthin' to do with our juice going missing...which means I still ain't getting paid til we get to the bottom of this!

Vote: Diageo

Your reading skills sure are bad, dawg! Just as bad as your memory! Might be worth looking at what I said again, y'kno...

As you can see dawg, you said I had no target and then apparently added flavour to say I did. So your information is pretty unreliable to say the least.

Well - I had been waiting to hear from Sheikah but I didn't expect such an earful.

In someone that I remember being relatively open to possibilites he seems to be determined to see things one way

Vote: Diageo

Gotta say @Rummy - your explanation was pretty confusing especially then trying to explain something that can get confused very easilly

It seems we're one vote away. @Sheikah will you be open to changing your vote like you expected Sprout to yesterday?

Remove Vote for now because we haven't heard from some members yet and I don't want a verdict to happen too soon. Gotta let people have a chance to talk, pals.

I'm leaning to vote for Diageo, but if anyone has more info before then, that would be great.

Vote Standings

Diageo (4): DuD, Rummy, The Peeps, Marcamillian

DuD (2): Diageo, Sheikah

Majority is 6

---------

Jonnas do we have a date/time for next break?

Days last roughly 48 hours if a lynch is not reached by then. So that's tomorrow at about 19:00.

Doesn't mean jayseven is the handcuffer.QUOTE]

I know dawg, that was exactly my point!

now rummy is coming up with some bullshit about me having no target even though two people can attest to my power.

I couldn't/he 'apparently' targeted no one with some flavour

Cos I totally was saying you definitely had no target, dawg.

(hint:it's the 'quote marks')

I know dawg, that was exactly my point!

Cos I totally was saying you definitely had no target, dawg.

(hint:it's the 'quote marks')

What a wonderful power that gives you "apparent" information. I don't care whether you believe it or not, it shows clear shenanigans with a "townie's" power.

Diageo are you claiming protector?

Good guess.

I thought that's what you were saying.

So can you explain why you supposedly protected the No 1 suspect at the time and also pressed for the lynch of the the very same guy you were "protecting"?

I thought that's what you were saying.

So can you explain why you supposedly protected the No 1 suspect at the time and also pressed for the lynch of the the very same guy you were "protecting"?

Do you mean yourself? I protected you to see if you were interfered with and went on to try and lynch you because at first I thought you were untargetable but then for realising you were targeting the victim without interference.

Funny how you accused sheikah of being suspicious for attacking the person he was trying to lynch, but then ask this clearly loaded question when I do the opposite.

That seems reasonable.

Has anybody been redirected by a shadow apart from MadDog?

Has anyone come across someone sleeping apart from Marcamillian?

@Rummy which night are you saying Diageo had no target?

I'm not saying he had no target! I'm saying it started off saying he had no target, but then(literally in the next line) that he DID have a target BUT I couldn't see who.

As you can see dawg, you said I had no target and then apparently added flavour to say I did. So your information is pretty unreliable to say the least.

It clearly sounds like my kid is saying that his something caused him to not see clearly, hence the "no target/target is iffy" thing.