NEurope
Jonnas

Ace Attorney - One-Shot Mafia

How the heck was anyone supposed to figure that out? :heh:
Well I think there was enough info to go on to at least somewhat guess what my role was before I explained it in plain words, but I get that it was gonna be more obvious to me because I, uh, knew what my role was. =P

We're already kind of on borrowed time at this point, pals, so what I'm gonna do is tag the members who haven't voted yet:

@Cube

@Dedede

@Marcamillian

@The Peeps

The votecount is currently 3 votes for Diageo (Sprout, jayseven and Rummy) and 5 votes for DuD (DuD, Diageo, Dannyboy-the-Dane, MadDog and Sheikah). If you haven't already, give the thread a read to catch up on what you may have missed, and put a vote towards whoever you think is the most suspicious, pals! I'd tag all players, but I don't wanna come across as annoying, heh. If anybody else wants to tag those I haven't, then feel free!

Well I expected day to be over by now and for us to actually have gotten somewhere.

Changevote: Diageo

If I get to lynch-1 @ me and I'll change back.

Come on dud, stop with this martyr business and fight. Prove yourself and investigate me tonight if you're the innocent victim you claim you are.

I've layed everything I've got. There's no point repeating myself over and over. People can read what's here and decide for themselves.

The only thing I can do now is flip innocent and everyone can move forward constructively.

I would rather it be you being proven guilty, but there's more chance of my lynch as I'm not working with anyone and we're struggling to get votes from some people even though they've seen the evidence?

A wimpy town will get nowhere. VOTE.

I will have to investigate you tonight at this rate, which is just a waste. Especially when we'll be stuck in the same situation tomorrow of my word against yours, only this time there may not be other bits of evidence that also state your lying.

This is one of them retrospective fit kinda dealies ain't it? Memory AND vocabulary problem? I might be making a big mistake here, but I ain't buying it myself right now.

Vote: Diageo

Whoever the handcuffer is can clearly know they targeted me and no one else has claimed to be targeted by them. You're clutching at straws

Well I expected day to be over by now and for us to actually have gotten somewhere.

Changevote: Diageo

If I get to lynch-1 @ me and I'll change back.

I've layed everything I've got. There's no point repeating myself over and over. People can read what's here and decide for themselves.

The only thing I can do now is flip innocent and everyone can move forward constructively.

I would rather it be you being proven guilty, but there's more chance of my lynch as I'm not working with anyone and we're struggling to get votes from some people even though they've seen the evidence?

A wimpy town will get nowhere. VOTE.

I will have to investigate you tonight at this rate, which is just a waste. Especially when we'll be stuck in the same situation tomorrow of my word against yours, only this time there may not be other bits of evidence that also state your lying.

Except I know your investigation will say town because I am town and there will be no word against word then.

Unless you're already planning to say I'm Mafia because that's not actually your power.

The only way a lynch will happen is if you two switch vote to DuD (which Sprout has never done, despite saying we need this lynch) and 1 more guy chips in. It won't happen any other way.

The only way a lynch will happen is if you two switch vote to DuD (which Sprout has never done, despite saying we need this lynch) and 1 more guy chips in. It won't happen any other way.
Firstly, I don't think you should be pointing out the how stubborn I'm being when the same could be applied to you, pal. Heck, the only one who has changed vote at all this session is DuD I think? Maybe we're all stubborn. =P

The current vote standings are four votes a piece, so even if DuD and I changed votes, it's not going to reach majority without the help of at least one more voter as you said. Also, note that apart from DuD flip-flopping, the only votes that have come in since Jonnas' latest votecount have been from Rummy and jayseven... and both have been for Diageo, not DuD. Granted, barring Cube the members I tagged haven't been particularly active this session, but if we get two votes and they're both for DuD (or one new voter plus DuD changing his vote), you have my word that I will change my vote to DuD. But I can't do anything about people who aren't posting or voting beyond the tagging that I've already done, pal.

On the other hand, if one or two come in, read whats been posted and opt to vote for Diageo instead of DuD, what then?

It's not the same situation Sprout, because the side I'm on has the most votes (and certainly when this started, it had considerably more). In these situations, if people definitely want the lynch to happen regardless then people should switch to the guy with the most votes. Piling a vote or two on the less popular side will just result in an even split.

Pal, I'm already tellin' you that you have my vote if we get one or two more votes, because I realise we are on borrowed time and we need to get one of them lynched. Problem is, regardless of the popularity before, both are just as popular right now, it's an even split. Heck, Rummy and jayseven voted for Diageo before DuD changed his vote back! At the time they could have reached majority, pal! Maybe you should trying to convince them to change vote, but the current situation is that we need those who I've tagged to throw their votes in, be it Diageo and DuD, because reaching a majority isn't gonna be easy without at least one or two of them.

Double Post: Aaaand since I see @Jonnas viewing the thread, I'm gonna politely re-request that evenin' extension. I'll tell you where I got these pajamas if ya do, pal!

What difference does it make if we are 1 or 2 votes away or how it is now? Put your money where your mouth is if you really want a lynch to happen.

The 'popularity before' thing was to point out that your vote before could have put him 1 away from lynch; you could be sure then someone else would have finished it (someone else with your mentality of I'll wait until we're a vote away). Truth is, you didn't then when we were a couple of votes away so why would you now?

Same could be said to you at this point in the game, pal. You switching to Diageo right now would be no different to me switching to DuD (other than DuD's word that he'd change his vote again, which is no guarantee at this point), it'd make one guy 5 votes and the other 3. All this back and forth between you and I right now is accomplishing is potentially putting members off, pal. Let at least one person either change their vote or throw a fresh vote in the pile, and we can agree from there where the flow of this is now going.

Whoever the handcuffer is can clearly know they targeted me and no one else has claimed to be targeted by them. You're clutching at straws

All well and good dawg, but I don't really know anything about you...except that I couldn't find you!

Problem is, regardless of the popularity before, both are just as popular right now, it's an even split. Heck, Rummy and jayseven voted for Diageo before DuD changed his vote back! At the time they could have reached majority, pal!

You gotta ask Wocky and you gotta ask yourself and maybe you even gotsta ask Jake 'jayseven' Marshall...maybe it all adds up. I'm torn between being told two people supposedly nabbing our juice - I can only make my own mind, no matter how it might make me look. I ain't gonna be changing my vote under any pressure here though dawg, took my sweet time making it in the first place.

All well and good dawg, but I don't really know anything about you...except that I couldn't find you!
Uh... yo, pal. This is new information, what are you talkin' about? This must have been during Break 1, right?

Same could be said to you at this point in the game, pal. You switching to Diageo right now would be no different to me switching to DuD (other than DuD's word that he'd change his vote again, which is no guarantee at this point), it'd make one guy 5 votes and the other 3. All this back and forth between you and I right now is accomplishing is potentially putting members off, pal. Let at least one person either change their vote or throw a fresh vote in the pile, and we can agree from there where the flow of this is now going.

What I'm saying is that you just said if we were 1 or 2 votes away from DuD lynch then you would switch. We were 2 votes away before and you did not switch. Your sentiments are not genuine.

What I'm saying is that you just said if we were 1 or 2 votes away from DuD lynch then you would switch. We were 2 votes away before and you did not switch. Your sentiments are not genuine.
Well I never said I'd switch votes before, and stood by my vote for reasons I already stated: that I believe in my evidence and am going for the person who contradicted it, pal. Furthermore, not as many people had voted at the time. The reason I say I'm willing to switch now is because we've had more members voting, and the time, however much we have left, is running out. I have done everything I can to get people to vote, asking for an extension, presenting my evidence is clearly as I can and tagging members who haven't voted yet to come forward, yet I'm the only one being pressured about my vote, and I don't think my response to this has been unreasonable, so I would appreciate it if you stopped badgering me about it, pal.

One more vote towards DuD, be it a switched vote or an previously unvoted one, that's all I'm asking (which is one lower than I asked before and is something that will be required regardless). If people vote towards Diageo or refuse to change their votes either way, then me changing my vote at this very moment isn't going to change anything, because right now, nobody is showing any signs of budgin' (including Rummy, who's attitude just now is admittedly a bit suspect) and the only person I tagged that has come online since I tagged them was Marcamillian... who didn't post for whatever reason.

Maybe Wocky's just having some last minute fun, too ;)

Do you enjoy being a shit stirrer? Ignoring a valid point by making shit up. This was the only point you brought up before voting so it better not be the only reason you're voting.

Long story short, the session is over, i'm on my phone, and the write up will come in a couple of hours. I think thats enough extra time

Game's a game people, let's all recall that all's fair in love and mafia!

(the stead in which I am taking all comments)

Vote Standings

Diageo (4): Sprout, jayseven, DuD, Rummy

DuD (4): Sheikah, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Diageo, MadDog

Majority is 7

The 3rd session has now ended

(I overslept, woke up to a slow internet, and then had to take care of some stuff. I'm sorry, Sprout, but I think that's enough extra time)

-----

October 17, 19:45 PM

The Portsman Estate

Main Hall

The debate was intense, the party had been divided into two sides, and both were committed to their resolve.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

atmey-sideb_zpsi1wlsurl.gif

"Am I the person making people leave this party? Am I unknowingly guilty? Or am I being framed as the person making people leave the party?"

klavier-objects28c29_zpsn2ouqtnm.gif

"Come on, Herr Atmey, stop with this martyr business and fight. Prove yourself and keep climbing the step-ladder of success like the Ace Detetctive you claim you are."

"...My dear Mr.Gavin, I believe you will find that ladders fit that metaphor much better."

"What? Klavier's metaphor works just fine!" said Dannyboy

"Nuh huh, pal, ladders are much better"

"In my time, we used step-ladders!"

"Ladders, pardner. I know a few things 'bout poetry and metaphors"

"STEP-LADDERS"

"LADDERS"

And some others just refused to take a side:

(What's wrong with "stairs"...?)

"Ok, guys, time to cool off. Let's go for another break."

-----------------

Remaining Players (12):

@Cube

@Dannyboy-the-Dane

@Dedede

@Diageo

@DuD

@jayseven

@MadDog

@Marcamillian

@Mr-Paul

@Rummy

@Sheikah

@Sprout

@The Peeps

The 3rd break will now begin.

I am still aiming for a 24 hour break. Send those PMs.

Edited by Jonnas

Break 3 has now ended

------------

October 17, 19:55 PM

The Portsman Estate

Main Hall

"Phew. It's all cool, now, right? But I feel we're getting closer to the truth.

In fact, someone left me a note saying that Jayseven was hiding some grape juice in plain sight, and I wonder-"

jake-drinka.gif

"...Jake Seven Marshall! I can't believe you!"

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

jake-smirkb_zpsufljjmqo.gif

"Oh come on, pardner. That sounds like one of'em sloppy framing attempts. This right here is Irish Coffee, a personal blend o' mine. I ain't hidin' anythin'. I'm just tryin' to help the folk here like a cowboy lookin' out for his herd."

"I was talking about the fact that you brought your own drink into my party. That's so rude!"

"...Oh. Sorry 'bout that."

"Still, we should check that thermos anyway, there could be some grape juice in it."

"Now that can't be true, boss. My blend reacts violently with grape juice, and if it had any in this here bottle, I woulda felt... URGH!"

jake-damage_zpsgundrm2b.gif

jake-sweatingb_zpsfagufr9n.gif

"I...I need ta use yer bathroom, chief. I'll be out in an hour or so."

Jayseven has left the game. He was Jake Marshall, and he was Innocent.

--------------------------------

Remaining Players (11):

@Cube

@Dannyboy-the-Dane

@Dedede

@Diageo

@DuD

@MadDog

@Marcamillian

@Rummy

@Sheikah

@Sprout

@The Peeps

Majority is 6

Session 4 will now start

Zvarri.. I targetted Jay :blank:

Nah, I didn't really.. I was unable to reach my target. I was deterred by shrieking.

If anyone knows the shreikah, it stands to reason they're guilty seeing as they roleblocked a claimed alignment investigator.

No, Sheikah.

Did anyone else have issues reaching him? He could have been untargetable rather than I was roleblocked?

Also of note.. The first person I targetted who didn't get killed? The guilty wouldn't kill their own.

This again? Convenient that you didn't get to use your power to investigate me and see that I'm innocent. ¬¬

Well I targeted Sprout last night and if anyone can verify that for me that would be great.

@DuD, did you try targeting @Sprout?

Am I correct in assuming you targeted sprout but couldn't reach him? Maybe because of some sick ass guitar playing?

Zvarri.. I targetted Jay :blank:

Nah, I didn't really.. I was unable to reach my target. I was deterred by shrieking.

If anyone knows the shreikah, it stands to reason they're guilty seeing as they roleblocked a claimed alignment investigator.

If it was you doing the killing then surely there would be no kill instead of just a random other person?