NEurope
Jonnas

Ace Attorney - One-Shot Mafia

(I'm still sending out the role PMs. Be patient)

The Law

-The Townies win once the mafia has been eliminated. The Mafia wins once the number of non-mafiosos becomes equal to (or lower than) the number of mafiosos (Double Voters, Vigilantes and Neutrals are irrelevant).

-The day phase will last a maximum of 48 hours. If I feel that this is too long, I will shorten the default time to 24 hours. I will always be open to suggestions regarding this;

-The night phase is 24 hours long at most. If you miss the deadline, that's it;

-If you have a night power, and you do not wish to use it, send me a PM along the lines of "Not using my power tonight, please";

-Please do not post game-related discussion during the night. Automerge prevention will be appreciated, though;

-Do not post after you died. I will only tolerate one post lamenting your death, but that's it;

-Editing posts is forbidden. Anyone caught doing so will be punished;

-Posting PMs (whether they be Role PMs or nightly PMs) is strictly forbidden. Players doing so will also be punished;

-If you did not receive a PM at the end of the night, your power simply worked successfully, with not much of note to say.

-In this game, days will be called “Sessions”, while nights will be called “Breaks”. They still work exactly the same way;

-The day phase only ends when the write-up is posted. This means that anything that is allowed during the day phase (including game-related discussion and using day powers) can be done even after majority is reached.

-Posting images or gifs is not forbidden, though I do ask that you do not abuse pictures at every opportunity (such as “Objection!” bubbles), as to not clog up the thread. Normally this is not an issue, but this is Ace Attorney :heh: Posting pictures occasionally is fine, but try not to ping-pong “Objection!”s around needlessly;

-If you wish to post "Objection!" bubbles and the sort, use the images from my Photobucket account. "Hold it!", "Take That!", "Gotcha!", "Not So Fast!", "Eureka!", "Got it!"and even "Hey, Pal!" should have you covered. As previously said, be responsible with their use;

-If you have any questions about your role or gameplay mechanics, just send me a PM with your question.

-Spoilers for the AA games are forbidden. Revealing a big spoiler may net you punishment or even an outright insta-kill, depending on its severity. Either way, keep in mind that “canon” guilt is irrelevant to “mafia” guilt.

-If you are unsure of what constitutes as spoiler, send me a PM

Have fun :)

-----------------------

October 17, 19:00 PM

The Portsman Estate

Main Hall

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

makoto-normal28b29_zpsbzti2tj3.gif

"I'm telling you, Jim. This party's gonna be awesome!"

"Uuhh... Pal, sir, my name is Dick Gumshoe..."

"Whoa, relax, Jim. Take a chill pill!"

"I don't know what that is, pal, but I don't think I can affor-"

*DING*DONG*

“Ah, I think that's the Kitakis!"

"Oh, are they friends of yours?" inquired Miles Edgeworth

"Nah, Jim, Mr.Kitaki owns the grocery a few blocks away. I ordered the grape juice from them. Come on right in, Mr.Kitaki!”

winfred-normal28b29_zpsfaklptjd.gif

"We have the crates right here, Mr.Portsman. My son Wocky will take'em to where they need to be"

"Sure thing, just leave them in the kitchen. Thanks for taking this order in such short notice!"

"It was an offer we could not refuse"

A few days after the bizarre trial known as "The Turnabout Mafia", young rich prosecutor Jacques Portsman brought it upon himself to celebrate the victory of moral and upstanding law enforcement officials everywhere.

But really, it was just an excuse to have fun and drink some juice.

Regardless, it was a welcome party for those who needed to relax, or genuinely wanted to celebrate. Even Athena Cykes showed up, and she is rarely in California these days.

However, Jacques Portsman quickly realised something was wrong.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

“Where's the juice!?

“Huh?”

“The crates of grape juice that the Kitakis just brought! They're gone!”

“They're likely misplaced.”

makoto-fistd_zpse8bjok32.gif

“No way, this is no mistake, I saw them here, moments ago. This is full blown thievery, that's what it is!

From what I saw, the guilty party has to be among the 11 guests that saw the drinks arrive, and had access to the kitchen when I wasn't looking. And the Kitakis, too, they had plenty of opportunity!

I'm nobody's fool! On the name of my father Jonas Portsman, I will find those thieves!

And all of you who are innocent will have to help, too, if you wish to drink any grape juice tonight!”

Some were offended by the accusation, some were thinking the party had finally gotten interesting...

...and some will have to work to get away with those bottles of vintage grape juice!

--------------------------------

Player Profiles (13):

-Cube (Winfred Kitaki): The grocer. Pretty shady individual.

Winfred%20Kitaki_zpsdqvvwram.png

-Dannyboy (Phoenix Wright): Defense Attorney. Grape juice is his favorite drink

phoenix.png

-Diageo (Klavier Gavin): Prosecutor. Prone to reckless and irresponsible behavior when partying.

kyouya.png

-DuD (Luke Atmey): Detective. Causes as many mysteries as he solves.

aiga.png

-Marcamillian (Mia Fey): Defense Attorney. Respected by all, or just a façade?

mia.png

-Dedede (Shi-Long Lang): Interpol Agent. Still bitter about being eliminated early during the last game.

gkrou.png

-jayseven (Jake Marshall): Detective. Has engaged in criminal activities before.

jake.png

-MadDog (Larry Butz): Friend. As they say, if something smells, it's usually the Butz.

larry.png

-mr-paul (Athena Cykes): Defense Attorney. Travels to Europe a lot. Who knows what she learned there?

Athena%20Cykes_zpsntotfckg.png

-Rummy (Wocky Kitaki): The grocer's son. Pretty shady kid.

Wocky%20Kitaki_zpsslrphhcp.png

-Sheikah (Wendy Oldbag): Court bailiff. Nobody's sure who invited her.

oldbag.png

-Sméagol (Franziska von Karma): Prosecutor. Appreciates vintage grape juice.

franny.png

-Sprout (Dick Gumshoe): Detective. Usually can't afford grape juice.

gumshoe.png

-The Peeps (Miles Edgeworth): Prosecutor. Enjoys a good mystery.

edgeworth.png

Others (1):

-Jacques Portsman: Prosecutor and party host. A bit of a jerk.

gkyuuki.png

Note: While all the pictures are being uploaded from Photobucket, Court-Records.net is the site that hosted the original pictures, so credits to them (specifically, the users responsible for the rips).

Majority is 7

Session 1 will now start

Edited by Jonnas

vote: mr-paul

His avatar is bigger and different.

I should play the games again.

vote: nobody

Has anyone ever been lynched first day?

Yeah, Jimbob in one of my games.

Jonnas, pal, we need to talk for a moment.

See, when I was told there would be a party the first thing that popped into my mind was a slumber party. Now maybe I should have stopped there and thought of somethin' more sensible, but then I pictured the Judge dressed in a onesie whilst havin' pillow fights and I just couldn't get it out of my head. So now here I am in a trench coat and pyjamas feelin' pretty underdressed, pal! I mean, with my salary I'd be underdressed regardless, but at least I'd have a tie!

Vote: Jonnas for not being clearer on the type of party this would be from the start, even if he's not actually a character.

Gorram it, I just came here to deliver stuff. I just wanna get paid and go home.

Vote: Jacques Portsman

Ya saw me deliver, I find it mighty suspicious that it gets "stolen" before you can pay me.

You needn't feel ashamed. As one of the states leading female defence attorneys I must say - that pink bunny motif on your rather unorthodox evening wear has set my imagination ablaze. Maybe we should discuss this more over an adjournment.

I too would like to address our host. Though you were hoping for the perfect party (as any esteemed host would) we have the finest minds imaginable assembled to solve this folly.

The grape juice will flow but let's not sour the mood of a legendary jonnas occasion.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I sure do love grape juice, but it wasn't me! Why would I come so far to ruin the party?

Let's find the culprit and get this party re-started!

Vote Standings

mr-paul (1): Sméagol

No lynch (3): Diageo, MadDog, jayseven

Jonnas (2): Sprout, Cube

Majority is 7

Jonnas, pal, we need to talk for a moment.

See, when I was told there would be a party the first thing that popped into my mind was a slumber party. Now maybe I should have stopped there and thought of somethin' more sensible, but then I pictured the Judge dressed in a onesie whilst havin' pillow fights and I just couldn't get it out of my head. So now here I am in a trench coat and pyjamas feelin' pretty underdressed, pal! I mean, with my salary I'd be underdressed regardless, but at least I'd have a tie!

makoto-showoff28b29_zps1cqf6t1a.gif

It's cool, Jim. You can borrow one of my stylish jackets, they look good, no matter what you wear underneath. I have a few green ones that might fit your style.

You needn't feel ashamed. As one of the states leading female defence attorneys I must say - that pink bunny motif on your rather unorthodox evening wear has set my imagination ablaze. Maybe we should discuss this more over an adjournment.

makoto-uhoh28a29_zpssryo561n.gif

(Anything to hide the bunnies. Stupid Sexy Gumshoe)

Vote: No Lynch

If anyone can solve this mystery its Luke Atmey... at your service.

Such ungrateful guests! Our host throws a party and you all want it over with as soon as possible. I have nothing to do until we come to a break but I would like to enjoy the party.

Who's up for a dance?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Vote Standings

mr-paul (1): Sméagol

No lynch (7): Diageo, MadDog, jayseven, Dedede, DuD, Cube, The Peeps

Jonnas (1): Sprout

Majority has been reached

------------------

October 17, 19:02 PM

The Portsman Estate

Main Hall

"What, no suspects yet?"

"Na ja... We just started."

"Plus, we're hungry, pardner"

"Lang Zi says: A wolf without a prey is no better than a pup"

"I see what you're saying, Jim. Let's take a quick break and enjoy the food."

"Yeah, pal! And I wanna see those jackets, too!"

"Zvarri!"

-----------------

Remaining Players (13):

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Mr\-Paul

@Rummy

@Sheikah

@Sprout

@The Peeps

The 1st break will now begin.

The day will last 24 hours. Get your PMs in time.

Edited by Jonnas

Break 1 has now ended

------------

October 17, 19:10 PM

The Portsman Estate

Main Hall

"Ok, I think that's enough food. Let's continue our-"

"Eeek!"

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

tumblr_inline_npcl4kNiPh1qkpnrw_540_zpsqdcuvk8b.gif

"Someone spilled something purple on my bag!"

"Hey, it's grape juice!"

"It spilled into my laptooop... Everything is ruuuiiined"

"I thought your laptop was water-proof?"

"But it's going to leave a stain! Those are so hard to remoove..."

“Well..." said Jacques Portsman "It looks to me like a pretty clumsy attempt at trying to frame you, Jim. It's obvious someone poured it from outside!"

"B-but my laptop..."

"There's a Blue Screens store a couple of blocks away, they have the necessary products, as well as some cases. I'll cover the expenses"

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Gt1Z6ob_zpsnitirehq.gif

"Trés bien, thanks a bunch! You're the second-best Jacques I've ever met!"

And with that, she ran off.

mr-paul has left the game. He was Athena Cykes, and he was Innocent.

"Well, that's a bummer. I wonder if anybody knows anything about-”

"I DO!"

oldbag-mada.gif

"I saw everything! It was DuD!"

atmey-damage_zpsgfw804ae.gif

"Whaaa?"

"Oh, don't you fake it! You were looking at Athena the whole time! I'm sure you were just waiting for her to drop her guard! You're just lucky I didn't see the exact moment you did it!

oldbag-inlove28b29_zpsugrkdgb2.gif

But can you blame me? My Edgey-poo was drinking tea and eating crackers nearby and he looked so dashing and gentleman-like, and he kept distracting me, that devil, he should know better than to toy with a young girl's heart."

"That... managed to be too much information and not enough information at the same time."

"Ms.Oldbag, please wait your turn next time."

(Note: The Athena gifs in this write-up were taken from different sources, and I'm not sure who created them. Sorry for the inconsistency, but it's hard to find DD gifs)

--------------------------------

Remaining Players (12):

@Cube

@Dannyboy-the-Dane

@Dedede

@Diageo

@DuD

@jayseven

@MadDog

@Marcamillian

@Rummy

@Sheikah

@Sprout

@The Peeps

Majority is 7

Session 2 will now start

Edited by Jonnas

I targeted Athena, however I didn't have anything to do with the grape juice (knowingly?)

Wendy what do you have?

OH MAN :( NOT FAIR :( Why did I have to have this bad news to wake up to on top of Iwata? Was so looking forward to this. Now I get to have no fun :( Whoever killed me is a bastard.

I am guessing that our dear Ms Oldbag, Sheikah, snoops around and reveals info about his targets in the write-up?

I targeted Athena, however I didn't have anything to do with the grape juice (knowingly?)

Wendy what do you have?

Is there anything you can tell us about what you did do? Would mr-athena-paul have noticed any effects from your targeting?

To answer such a question would reveal whether I'm after intel or whether I'm more of a do-er. It also wouldn't be possible to confirm whether I'm being truthful considering the only person able to verify my response has absconded.

I will therefore decline to comment at this juncture.