NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Crypt of the NecroDancer (PC/PS4/PSVita)

Crypt of the NecroDancer, the award-winning and critically-acclaimed roguelike rhythm game, is coming to PS4 and PS Vita! Now you can move to the music and deliver beatdowns to the beat on the big screen with your PS4 or on the go with your PS Vita.

Crypt of the NecroDancer’s unique gameplay and captivating soundtrack have been a hit on PC, and we are extremely excited to make our console debut exclusively on the home of innovative rhythm and music games, PlayStation!

Help our hero Cadence battle her way through the NecroDancer’s dungeon in search of her missing father. On her way she faces methodical monsters all moving to the same beat she’s been cursed to follow. Randomly generated levels offer exciting new gameplay experiences every time! You can also play as other members of Cadence’s family, each with a distinctive playstyle.

Crypt of the NecroDancer’s award-winning soundtrack is composed by Danny Baranowsky, but the PS4 and PS Vita versions will also feature an exclusive playable chiptune remix of the game’s soundtrack, created by Jake “Virt” Kaufman, the composer for Shovel Knight!

Source - PlayStation.Blog.Europe

It's already out on PC and supposed to be very good.

Always wanted a PS4/PSVita version so this news pleases me. The game came to my attention via The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Don't believe me? Watch this:

I was watching some Isaac videos and came across The Beating of Isaac :D The song alone made me want to buy Crypt of the NecroDancer. I figured: "This has to come to Sony platforms at one point", so I waited. Great choice. : peace:

Yeah it looks pretty good - and such an odd concept to merge ddr with roguelike!

We are very excited to bring Crypt of the NecroDancer, the award-winning and critically-acclaimed roguelike rhythm game to the PlayStation family! Move to the music, delivering beatdowns to the beat on PS4 and PS Vita from 2nd February.

PlayStation.Blog EU

Finally :yay: Might be a PS+ title as it's released on the first Tuesday of February. Fingers crossed. Not a Hero might actually get the PS+ spot next month.

It has a Platinum : peace:

It also has a co-op trophy -.- Hope it's possible to do this solo with a second controller.

Can't wait. With The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth still not released on PS4 (and probably never getting a Vita release...) I need this :yay:

I also read somewhere (I forgot where) that this won't be a PS+ title.

Edited by drahkon

This is out tomorrow. :yay: Hoping for it to show up on midnight, but not holding my breath.

Pretty sure I will be the only one here posting in this thread/playing the game :laughing:

Listening to the soundtrack on Spotify as I'm typing this. It's glorious :D

Edit:

Nevermind -.-

[tweet]693105842573307904[/tweet]

Edited by drahkon

I know, I know...I'm annoying. :p

But this game is the TITS. It was released yesterday evening and I bought it instantly.

I'm currently at my girlfriend's. I've started the game 2 hours ago...she played the tutorial...she played some more...and I have played once...once :laughing: One of the few "new" games that she likes. Can't wait to play co-op mode with her on the PS4 : peace:

It's amazing. For those of you who don't know what this game is about: it's a rythm-based-roguelike-dungeon-crawler.

You can only move to the beat. Well, to be more precise: you can't do anything off-beat, not even use an item. The arrow buttons are for movement, L is for placing bombs and you can pick up items/scrolls/magic which you can use with other buttons.

There are secret areas, shops, traps, cool enemies, chests, and much more...

We've managed to reach the first boss but failed miserably :D

Oh, it's gonna be a long night :D

Here's a run of Zone 1 I had today. Not very successful, but it might give you a bit more insight to what this game is all about :D

I love the music/sound design. The switch between ice and fire. :awesome:

And that missing beat in the boss fight...fucks me up every single time :laughing:

Still haven't beaten the final Zone...

Can't belive I'm still the only one here playing this. You guys disgust me :p

It's genuinely one of the most creative games I've played in recent years. Such an awesome title.

I'm always amazed at how my girlfriend keeps coming back to this. She has lots of problems with games I find appropriate for her "video-gaming-skill" and generally loses patience.

Crypt of the Necrodancer, a game which continues to own me...she keeps getting better and better at it. And she keeps playing it even when she dies a lot :D She has beaten Zone 3 yesterday. My god, she was proud :laughing:

Now we're both at Zone 4. I managed to reach what I assume to be the final boss, but the game decided to change things up and I had to readjust...close battle, but I died :(

This is video game crack. I love it.

I can also imagine some kind of expansion coming for it. With Crypt of the Necrodancer you decend further into, well, the crypt.

So why not use ascension for an expansion? Would be amazing. Tower of the Skydancer (yeah, I'm not the creative type) or something :D

Sign in to follow this