NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Other Consoles Have No Games

Only these three games will I definitely get at some point after release, but depending on finances, I may get them all day one:

Disgaea 5

Tales of Zestiria

FIFA 16

I'm most looking forward to Firewatch. Should come out this year, we should have a release date soon.

I'm most looking forward to Firewatch. Should come out this year, we should have a release date soon.

I thought this was a long way off. It does look quite interesting, I wasn't sold on it the first time we got info.

The Rare bundle... has... Blast Corps...!!

What happened with Assassin's Creed since Assassin't Creed 3? Not played any since then (not even black flag).

I've only played two of them; 3 and Black Flag. Black Flag was really good and am gonna get the London one, 'cos well London :D And I haven't played on since BF so feels about time to give a new one a go.

The Rare bundle... has... Blast Corps...!!

What happened with Assassin's Creed since Assassin't Creed 3? Not played any since then (not even black flag).

Black Flag was pretty cool from watching @Eenuh play it.

Does anyone know what happened with Unity in the end? Did it get patched and is it actually a good game after all? All I ever heard about it was how glitchy it was.

Black flag was really fucking piratey. Would recommend.

Just went off to read that Unity, patchiness aside, is just flawed game-wise.

What's the deal with the story now? The AC:2 games (and AC:3) had some mind-blowing epic bits to do with the 'modern day' storyline, but what with desmond's situation, I don't know how the newer games addressed this?

FIFA and battlefront.

If I have (or get) a one then rare replay and tomb raider.

The PC version of Unity is pretty playable now, provided you're willing to turn down the graphics settings or have a pretty powerful machine to start with. On my 970, at 1080p, I get about 45-55 frames per second (the lower frame rate occurs at ground level in crowded areas). This is with the game pretty much maxed out if I remember correctly, except I'm using MFAA. The game is very good looking for an open world game if you can turn the settings up. There's still some LOD pop-in, and the odd visual bug, but I've never had the game crash, or break in some other way. There have actually been some pretty welcome game play improvements, including indoor areas being much more significant (including some control improvements to make that possible), as well as the ability to free run down by holding a different button. There are also some interesting new missions types (such as murder mysteries where you have to examine evidence and ultimately accuse someone), and the combat has been made much more difficult (multiple enemies can attack you at the same time, for instance). I wouldn't recommend it at the full price, but next time it's on sale, if you still enjoy the series, it is worth picking up in my opinion.

Black Flag is an excellent game, and in my opinion, the best in the series. It takes the naval combat of 3, and focuses the entire game around that. You'll spend some time in cities, but much more sailing around to various islands and sinking ships on your way. Aside from the shifted focus, the core mechanics are pretty much the same as 3. The protagonist is much more interesting than Connor was in 3. Much more like Etzio was, but he has his own style.

I haven't played Rogue yet.

@Emasher I highly recommend Rogue. The game was fantastic.

All this talk of Creed has inspired me to start Unity. I've had it sitting on my shelf since the start of the year. Time to give it a whirl, methinks.

It's definitely on my list. I've had it sitting in my Steam library since the summer sale, but I'm trying to finish Unity first so I don't have two Assassin's Creed games going at once.

I love the sound of the 'murder mystery'stuff. I'd imagine that the pacing for such a thing might be off-tilt with the running of the game?

Got a holiday to Boston coming up so strongly considering re-buying AC3 for PC !

I'm still to pick up Bloodborne, Batman & The Witcher and then I'll be getting:

Until Dawn

Tearaway Unfolded

Uncharted Collection

Rainbow Six Siege

Star Wars Battlefront

Not seeing enough love for Just Cause 3 in here. :nono:

Come on people, get with the program! ;)

Edited by RedShell

Im not getting Just Cause 3 until after it launches and I've heard how it controls in comparison to 2. I hated the way 2 felt.

Not seeing enough love for Just Cause 3 in here. :nono:

Come on people, get with the program! ;)

Watches trailer...

:blank:

:D

You make a good point!

Pre-ordered! : peace:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Journey are both coming to PS4 this month. Looking forward to being able to play both for the first time. :D

The insane gaming season is nearly upon us and i've started putting my preorders in this morning.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition (Xbox One) (still back and forth whether to buy a Xbox One so this may be cancelled)

Until Dawn (PS4)

Metal Gear Solid V (PS4)

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

Uncharted Collection (PS4)

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4)

I'm still waiting to see if there are any price drops for Battlefront and FIFA before slamming a preorder down for those. Persona 5 looks to be coming to the US before the end of the year, so I may end up importing that but only if I play through and enjoy Persona 4 first.

My games for the end of this year (Bolds are getting on release, maybes I havent decided if I'll get them straight away or early next year during the lull):

Metal Gear Solid V

Tony Hawks 5 (Maybe)

Transformers Devastation (Maybe)

Uncharted Collection (Maybe)

Tales of Zestiria (Maybe)

WWE 2K16 (Maybe)

Need for Speed (Maybe)

Fallout 4

Star Wars Battlefront

Persona 5 (Still not sure this will make its US release date but if it does then im importing.

Transformers Devastation (Maybe)

I'm very tempted by this ( dat G1 nostalgia ) but will see how the game reviews.

Oh, forgot about Tearaway Unfolded. It's gonna be one expensive season

Metal Gear Solid V

NBA 2k16

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Fallout 4

Works out about 2 games a month until November.