NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

No, I'd very possibly stop watching until he was gone.

Yeah, kind of like you've got so used to winning fuck all, that the prospect of winning would actually stop you watching the team play, that's understandable. Almost the reverse of how normal fans behave. I love Mourinho, this was his best moment:

Deluded Liverpool fans, the best in the Premiership!

Yep, the world's worst kept secret has finally been announced. Shocking the way they've treated him. I read this wife saw it on the news and let him know before he had heard.

I don't disagree with the sacking, but the way they did it was harsh.

Yeah, kind of like you've got so used to winning fuck all, that the prospect of winning would actually stop you watching the team play, that's understandable. Almost the reverse of how normal fans behave. I love Mourinho, this was his best moment:

Deluded Liverpool fans, the best in the Premiership!

Are you ever not aggressive in your tone?...

BBC is reporting that it looks like Man United are close to confirming that Mourinho will be taking over from Van Gaal. What are your thoughts on the appointment Flink?

I don't know, tbh. I'm completely on the fence with this one. Mourinho has his pros and cons, but I do wonder if he will be out to make a point this time around. He's received loads of criticism for "club-hopping" and not promoting youth players, so this could be a massive chance for him to prove those doubters wrong.

I'm gutted that things didn't work out for LVG. There were points last season where I thought we were looking great and was expected about this year, but it just never seemed to happen. We didn't seem to be able to get going and the football that we've been playing this year hasn't been good enough. I'm amazed that we managed to get to an FA Cup Final (let alone win it!) and finish off the top four on goal difference based on how we've played this year. There are plenty of teams below us who I feel have had better seasons yet finished lower, so work that one out.

There were lots of things that I liked about Van Gaal. Although he was forced to go down that route, he did get the younger players playing in the first team. Buuuuuut...he had to do that because of injuries and his signings not working out. There are also some players that just haven't performed under him, such as Januzaj and Herrera...Pereira is another one who I thought would be starting loads of games this season but just hasn't been given a chance. Van Gaal is an odd one. There are times where I think he's tried to be too clever for his own good and it's backfired terribly.

The one thing I don't like to see is the way the BBC and outlets like that have been breaking this story. I know it's their job to report stuff, but talk about kicking a man when he's down. I don't think United have handled it amazingly well either, but the flipside of the coin is that LVG only had one year left before retirement anyway...so it's not quite the same situation as Moyes. Things weren't working and there's no real nice way of a manager losing his job. Had United kept him on, there's a strong possibility somebody else would have snapped Mourinho up and then we're up shit creak with a struggle for other options.

Are you ever not aggressive in your tone?...

There's a reason why he's been on my ignore list for years.

With Mourinho now all but confirmed as Man Utd manager, I'm going to make a bold prediction.

Marcus Rashford will be sent out on loan to MK Dons next season.

With Mourinho now all but confirmed as Man Utd manager, I'm going to make a bold prediction.

Marcus Rashford will be sent out on loan to MK Dons next season.

Along with Martial, Januzai and Lingard ;). Even though I hate United, I'll be sad to see Juan Mata leave. One of the good guys of the Premier League.

Marcus Rashford makes his England debut tonight, with Sturridge getting another injury it looks pretty likely that Rashford will be going to the Euros. Incredible considering only 3 months ago he hadn't played for United's senior team, hope he does well tonight.

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Get the beers out!

All that laughing they have done at us for losing at Wembley! The arrogant sods have lost! :D

What a terrible Champions League final. Such a poor match we ended up playing Centurion to keep it interesting.

I'm gutted that I missed the final, but even more disappointed that Atletico didn't win it. To lose on penalties is harsh.

I'm glad Rashford made the cut, but I would have liked to see Drinkwater included too. It looks like Wilshire is a key part of Hodgson's plans though, so it makes the starting line up selection more interesting.

If everyone's fit I guess the starting line up against Russia will be:

Hart

Clyne Cahill Smalling Rose

Dier Wilshire

Alli Rooney Lallana

Kane

Annoyingly, I think that's what Hodgson will go for. I'd rather see Dele Alli playing in behind Kane, but Roy clearly loves Rooney in that role so Alli will probably be relegated to the wing, where he won't be as effective. I really hope Roy starts Rooney in midfield alongside Dier though. The omission of Townsend is an odd one, because he was the only real winger in the 25, but I guess that might have left things unbalanced in Roy's eyes.

My preferred line-up (if Rooney has to start) would be:

Hart

Dier Rooney

Lallana Alli Vardy

Kane

I think Vardy has to start given the season he's had and he's played on the wing in one of the friendlies, so it's possible Roy could choose him. He wouldn't be playing as a typical winger though, would be there as an outlet as he was for Leicester and someone to meet Kane's flick ons.

Wilshere is there because he's our most technically gifted midfielder. Does he deserve to be? Probably not. I'd have dropped either Sturridge or Rashford for Drinkwater.

Wilshere is there because he's our most technically gifted midfielder. Does he deserve to be? Probably not. I'd have dropped either Sturridge or Rashford for Drinkwater.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I think Sturridge is surplus to requirements really, he likely won't be fit to start a game until the knockout stages and will come behind Kane and Vardy in the pecking order anyway.

I'm glad Rashford made the cut, but I would have liked to see Drinkwater included too. It looks like Wilshire is a key part of Hodgson's plans though, so it makes the starting line up selection more interesting.

If everyone's fit I guess the starting line up against Russia will be:

Hart

Dier Wilshire

Alli Rooney Lallana

Kane

Annoyingly, I think that's what Hodgson will go for. I'd rather see Dele Alli playing in behind Kane, but Roy clearly loves Rooney in that role so Alli will probably be relegated to the wing, where he won't be as effective. I really hope Roy starts Rooney in midfield alongside Dier though. The omission of Townsend is an odd one, because he was the only real winger in the 25, but I guess that might have left things unbalanced in Roy's eyes.

My preferred line-up (if Rooney has to start) would be:

Hart

Dier Rooney

Lallana Alli Vardy

Kane

I think Vardy has to start given the season he's had and he's played on the wing in one of the friendlies, so it's possible Roy could choose him. He wouldn't be playing as a typical winger though, would be there as an outlet as he was for Leicester and someone to meet Kane's flick ons.

Your first line up is significantly better than the second. Lallana is nowhere near good enough to start for England. In your first I'd play Vardy over him and Sterling on the right over Alli for 'easier' games.

Your first line up is significantly better than the second. Lallana is nowhere near good enough to start for England. In your first I'd play Vardy over him and Sterling on the right over Alli for 'easier' games.

He just swapped Wilshere for Vardy...

Oooooooh, where's Flink? He gonna be so mad!

Not gonna lie, I saw that and forgot which thread I was in for a minute so thought it was some kind of Gundam