NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

It's not gibberish at all @dazzybee, the beauty is in finding the tactics that works and employing them with aplomb. So theres beauty in Leicester having won the league and it's why they've played the best football.

It's a game that's played to be won, there's beauty in setting up the team to win, employing those tactics and then those tactics working and obtaining the win.

Teams and fans that are happy playing "beautiful" football but not winning anything are those I feel sorry for.

Leicester are Indy, Spurs are the Swordsman:

...but you're happy as the Swordsman because of the "beauty" he showed.

Edited by Kav

Talking of way teams play... I think I've been spoiled by Leicester's style of play, I love the rapid attack and staunch defending. When I watched Arsenal the other day it was horrific watching them pass the ball around the box all game. Same with England... Boring possession football with no end product...

Our style is gone. We are woeful on the ball. Miss our counter attacking days of Henry, Pires and Ljungberg.

It's not gibberish at all @dazzybee, the beauty is in finding the tactics that works and employing them with aplomb. So theres beauty in Leicester having won the league and it's why they've played the best football.

It's a game that's played to be won, there's beauty in setting up the team to win, employing those tactics and then those tactics working and obtaining the win.

Teams and fans that are happy playing "beautiful" football but not winning anything are those I feel sorry for.

Leicester are Indy, Spurs are the Swordsman:

...but you're happy as the Swordsman because of the "beauty" he showed.

I think yours and peoples justification for saying it is because they won. Not because of how they play. That's my point. Say Spurs did win, there could only be a few points on it; you'd then say Spurs played the best football. I find this view simplistic. And if it wasn't Leicester playing like that people wouldn't find it so entertaining, it being Leicester is what is entertaining about. Creating the drama, not the way they play.

I don't think it is just about winning in all honesty. I think it's about the way you win and the style. And I'm not saying this to demean Leicester or anything, it's almost a separate issue; but I do feel that way.

I think Spurs having the best defense, the best attack shows how good we are as a football team. We've just been inconsistent and lost the bottle when it matters. We're not there yet, but our best, which we've been at for 80% of the season, has been the best in the league.

Well City never turned up did they, don't think Madrid played that great but they controlled the game and City never got a look in.

Wind ups aside I get what dazzy is saying. And I believe there is merit in winning with beautiful football. But equally you've got to do what you need to do to win. And I think the best sides are the ones that can mix it up. It's been our downfall for some time. Our Invicible side was the most beautiful footballing side I've seen, but they could play the ugly side of the game too.

That said I would never discredit Leicester's achievement based on their style, they've been thoroughly entertaining and gave us 6 points! Cheers lads, sorry we took them from you. Had to make it look like you didn't breeze it.

Wind ups aside I get what dazzy is saying. And I believe there is merit in winning with beautiful football. But equally you've got to do what you need to do to win. And I think the best sides are the ones that can mix it up. It's been our downfall for some time. Our Invicible side was the most beautiful footballing side I've seen, but they could play the ugly side of the game too.

That said I would never discredit Leicester's achievement based on their style, they've been thoroughly entertaining and gave us 6 points! Cheers lads, sorry we took them from you. Had to make it look like you didn't breeze it.

Absolutely, I never meant it as a knock to Leicester, they played in the only way they could, they didn't have the squad for anything else. Luckily they didn't have any distractions and could play pretty much the same team and the same way every week and it was phenomenally effective.

But let's be absolutely honest. Does anyone, even phube, really think Leicester will get close next season? No, they won't (though who cares if you're a Leicester fan too). Would people even be that surprised if they flirted with relegation? No.

But let's be absolutely honest. Does anyone, even phube, really think Leicester will get close next season? No, they won't (though who cares if you're a Leicester fan too). Would people even be that surprised if they flirted with relegation? No.

I'm saving this quote for later.

Well, and all Madrid final...again.

Feels kind of underwhelming. Atletico have actually had a really good season by their standards, level on points with Barça in La Liga and now into the Champions League final. On the other hand, Real being there seems...underwhelming. I mean, they were having a very poor season but are now one point behind Barça and Atletico in La Liga and are into the CL final with the chance to win it an 11th time.

It feels strange. This one is going to be VERY heated. Hoping Atletico pull it off...

It would be sad after all this Claudio love, if expectations are raised and he is sacked in a couple of seasons, possibly with ill feeling, for failing to make the top 4.

Depends how well they recruit in summer doesn't it (and if they can hang on to Mahrez). I could see them having a similar season to Liverpool's after placing second a couple years back. Not that I think they'll do badly but I suspect Conte's Chelsea, Guardiola's City, and Klopp's Liverpool will all be much stronger contenders alongside us and Arsenal.

Can't be bothered to trawl through the last couple pages but to return to how that bit dazzy brawl started, I do actually agree, with a now-cool head, that it was pretty shameful on Monday from Chelsea.

If I was one of their supporters I'd be embarrassed about the contrast in performance. Look at Hazard springing into life in the last couple weeks of the season after putting in absolutely no effort to collect his 200k a week this year. Playing for a contract? Piss off to PSG.

Moreover, this whole thing of the Chelsea players wanting a Leicester title is bullshit. 'We don’t want Tottenham to win the Premier League, the fans, the club and the players”. Idiot. Leicester winning the title this year is special precisely because it's the absolute opposite of what Abramovic's Chelsea set in motion and represent. It's been about an incredible team spirit, momentum, and respect for their manager. Not your story m8.

As King Kane put it after the game, 'when you've got the champions celebrating a draw with us like they've won a cup we know we're doing something right'.

Having a say in this title and putting your hopes to bed is simply a silver lining to an utterly dogshit season for us. So we'll enjoy that.

What was actually shameful on Monday was your players behaviour!

Having a say in this title and putting your hopes to bed is simply a silver lining to an utterly dogshit season for us. So we'll enjoy that.

What was actually shameful on Monday was your players behaviour!

For once I have to concede Chelsea weren't the dirty ill behaved bellends this time. And any London club is going to want to end Spurs' season, they're the most hated club in the city.

I thought that was Chelsea? Or perhaps Millwall?

The superb and standout thing Leicester did this season was mix their styles up in order to win. In the beginning of the season they were amazingly fun to watch, simply trying to outscore opponents in a shootout and hope the whistle blew at the right time. The real credit to Ranieri, I think, is that he reaised around new year (arguably when they were having a slight wobble) that they desperately needed to defend well if they were going to make a genuine challenge. The fact he tightened up that defence so drastically was immensely impressive. He basically changed the team from Keegan's Entertainers to Mourinho's Chelsea halfway through the season.

Chelsea are easily the most hated. Spurs seem to be everyone's rivals - goons, West Ham and Chelsea. Bizarre. Shows who the big club in London really is!

European final for us! So happy, wish I had tickets! Still, it will be a great atmosphere at the weekend now, at least I get to go to the Watford game :)

Woo hoooo. Excellent game, absolutely dominated it. Lallana work rate is absolutely on point at the moment he worked his socks off.

Genuinely thought we were gonna lose today but so impressed with Liverpool.

Had my concerns about tonight, absolutely terrified of Villareal scoring an away goal. But Klopp, the lads and the fans did us proud. Firmino's going past Soldado was delicious.

Just one win from cup glory and the Champion's League, let's do it!

The new badges for the Prem are awful... but I'll put up with the gold ones:

Chwz4CXXAAA9iXv.jpg

The rest get this:

310621B000000578-3438271-image-m-19_1455026722469.jpg

I hear Spurs get a special badge too:

spursbadge.jpg

Sorry... :heh:

Leicester City centre feels incredible. There's bunting everywhere, and every shop has flags and banners in the windows. All the way down London Rd they have massive banners with all the players on them, it's amazing!

Edited by 130131301364