NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

I'm not bitter, just forget how much of a small club with a small mindset they have.

I'm actually not that bothered about last night, although we are the best footballing club in the league, we don't have the right mentality yet and we lost it so spectacularly in the second half we don't deserve it. Playing wise we lose it second half last week too.

We could've gone top against West Ham and produced our worst performance of the season. We could've gone top against Arsenal, outplayed them 2-1 up against 10 men and still bottled it. Not quite there yet in the head.

But, we are the youngest team in the league so it's to be expected - we have the best defense, we'll likely have the best attack, definitely have best goal difference, we have a great manager and some unbelievable young talent who'll stay and just about to get a new stadium. I couldn't be happier with what we have done this year and how strong we'll be next year.

I personally would be more pissed off being a gooner. You should have built a legacy when you moved to the new stadium but you just haven't moved on at all, even though you've had the same manager. In 2 seasons with poch, a young manager, we've moved ahead of you in almost every way. You can laugh at Spurs for not doing it, but you should be more pissed off with yourselves for not doing it this season.

Spurs say this every season. Yeah, you've done well this season but I wouldn't be overly surprised if you compeltely imploded these last two matches, especially after what happened last night.

Anything could happen next season and I could easily see Spurs fall out of Champions League spots. You're not used to playing in big midweek matches, after all.

Spurs say this every season. Yeah, you've done well this season but I wouldn't be overly surprised if you compeltely imploded these last two matches, especially after what happened last night.

Anything could happen next season and I could easily see Spurs fall out of Champions League spots. You're not used to playing in big midweek matches, after all.

You forget but Spurs have gone quite far in the Europa League for the last few seasons, they're definitely used to playing midweek fixtures.

I hope their display last night doesn't cost them finishing above Arsenal.

Edited by killthenet

I can see why Dazzy would be bitter about not winning the league. Tbh, Spurs aren't going to have a better opportunity, as there are so many teams who didn't perform this season and who are in a state of transition or limbo. This was a golden opportunity that wasn't taken.

I'm not sure I agree with this "best footballing side in the league" stuff. What exactly does that even mean? How do you measure that? Most attractive football? I don't think going two-nil up away from home or one-nil up at home and drawing both games in consecutive weeks could be considered attractive football. Leicester haven't exactly played dull football only losing 3 games and winning 22 suggests that they have a winning formula. I'd consider them the best footballing side based on what I've seen. They had the bottle to see it through and showed that on the pitch where it matters most. The odds were against them, yet they kept winning games and getting those all important results.

This changes everything now. It's good for the sport.

I'm not bitter, just forget how much of a small club with a small mindset they have.

I'm actually not that bothered about last night, although we are the best footballing club in the league, we don't have the right mentality yet and we lost it so spectacularly in the second half we don't deserve it. Playing wise we lose it second half last week too.

We could've gone top against West Ham and produced our worst performance of the season. We could've gone top against Arsenal, outplayed them 2-1 up against 10 men and still bottled it. Not quite there yet in the head.

But, we are the youngest team in the league so it's to be expected - we have the best defense, we'll likely have the best attack, definitely have best goal difference, we have a great manager and some unbelievable young talent who'll stay and just about to get a new stadium. I couldn't be happier with what we have done this year and how strong we'll be next year.

I personally would be more pissed off being a gooner. You should have built a legacy when you moved to the new stadium but you just haven't moved on at all, even though you've had the same manager. In 2 seasons with poch, a young manager, we've moved ahead of you in almost every way. You can laugh at Spurs for not doing it, but you should be more pissed off with yourselves for not doing it this season.

We're awful and only 3 points off you. Your best and our worst are similarly close. :woops:

We're awful and only 3 points off you. Your best and our worst are similarly close. :woops:

See this is the thing with Arsenal fans, you haven't been awful. You've been excellent in patches and just calamitous in others. But you look good for 3rd, it's no title but still!

Villa, Norwich, Us, Palace, West Brom, Everton and Chelsea are teams who stick out as having had awful seasons. Arsenal/Man U/Liverpool/Man City have merely been underwhelming and even then they could all still win silverware.

Edited by ipaul

Great first half. Shame Müller missed that penalty...but he's always good for a goal that nobody else could score.

Hope we can keep this up for the next 45 minutes.

Aaaaaand one mistake ruins everything :blank:

Well there's always next year...

180 minutes...two mistakes prevent us from reaching the final...Still, great performance today.

Edited by drahkon

Leicester's journey to winning the Premier League, as told through members of this thread (mostly Dazzybee)

You'll be battling relegation soon enough. :p

If we don't have a ridiculous 7 month dip in form, I'd say we can finish between 12th-8th. Probably 13th though. But I'd be happy with 17th!

Sorry Phube, all good things come to an end. If your boys could defend you'd have troubled us.

If you're lucky you could come second to the mighty Leicester! :p

Leicesters approach will only work short term. They'll finish 10th this season I predict.

Tottenham have their next 11 games against teams from outside the top six (apart from Leicester). Be interesting to see where they end up after this run.

I think it might be time to start taking this Leicester side seriously.

They still won't get top 4.... Thought how long can we say that for? Hope they do though (not at the expense of Spurs)

As for the title, however much I'd like to see it, I still can't see Leicester being close at the end of the season. In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if they never even made the champions league.

However two of those squads have experience of playing lots of games and being in the hunt for honours. Not to discredit Leicester because you guys are living the dream and sticking it to the big boys narrative. I think your test will be your next three games, just like our last three has put us in our place.

It was good, it wasn't that good.

I hope I'm wrong but I still wouldn't be surprised if Leicester didn't make the champions league... I'm still waiting on the collapse ... Really hope it doesn't come.

1. Spurs

2. Leicester

would be dreamy!!!

Amazing result. Come on Man U next league game, we could go 3 points above Arsenal. I think we're going to do it now.

I think Leicester's "easy" next two home games Norwich and West Brom will determine whether or not they can do it. Can they win these games when the pressure is on, and when they can't play their counter attacking system? They couldn't beat 10 man Bournemouth at home. Let's see how they play with teams not letting them do what they've been doing.

I agree with dazzy completely. The so-called easy games will do them in, the pressure will really build and they'll finish 4th.

My final prediction

1st - City/Gooners (can't decide :p)

3rd - Spuds

4th - Leicester

Wheels will come off for Leicester now, they've been superb but i predict the magic has ran out.

Leicester winning the tough games, consistent 1 - 0 wins, positive attitude from all the players, star players stepping up- all the signs of a title winning side.

Leicester could drop points in every game, I still think one bad result could rock them, but a v stoke and Chelsea aren't easy so don't think we'd make enough points anyway. Possible. Still dreaming. But I'd be delighted with 2nd.

We weren't great today, but we are simply far superior and class won it out in the end.

Spurs are looking good. Starting to think they'll get the better of Leicester.

I still think without Vardy and pressure now building you could bottle it against Swansea, definite loss against Man u. Everton are unknowns but Lukaku us excellent, then a v chelsea. Hard hard hard!!!

Sunday is going to be a killer game for Leicester - their first taste of this this kind of pressure, how will they cope? And how will they cope without Vardy. I predict a draw.

Yep. You'd be nothing with Mahrez.

Williams giving you a goal within 10 minutes is a nice way to calm the nerves I guess...

Spurs need to beat chelsea... I think Leicester will Lose to Man U and Chelsea. But we have to win all our remaining games.... Can't quite see us doing it, but you never know!!

Spurs are going to do it, I can feel it!!

Most people are still saying they'll bottle it.

You watch though, any minute now, the wheels will fall off.

Oh. My. God! :weep:

Who'd have thought it, not me especially (see first post!)

Best. Sport. EVER!

It was actually quite fun reading through people's predictions with future hindsight...

Sooo how do people think Leicester will do in the Champions League next season?

I'm going to be bold and predict they'll make it to the quarter finals. They're champions so they should get a favourable draw, as long as they avoid whichever spanish team(s) drops into pot 2. From there they could finish top of their group, beating their opponents in the round of 16. After that I feel the strongest teams will have too much for them, but who knows eh!

I'm going to be bold and predict they'll make it to the quarter finals. They're champions so they should get a favourable draw, as long as they avoid whichever spanish team(s) drops into pot 2. From there they could finish top of their group, beating their opponents in the round of 16. After that I feel the strongest teams will have too much for them, but who knows eh!

I'd say it'll depend how serious they take the League next season, I think they'll finish 3rd in the group and drop to the Europa league and possibly progress a round after that and go out of that too.

If they win it again next year they have as many top flight titles as Spurs!

#dazzybait

But you look good for 3rd, it's no title but still!

Top 4 is their title so 3rd must be unbelievable.

I can see why Dazzy would be bitter about not winning the league. Tbh, Spurs aren't going to have a better opportunity, as there are so many teams who didn't perform this season and who are in a state of transition or limbo. This was a golden opportunity that wasn't taken.

I'm not sure I agree with this "best footballing side in the league" stuff. What exactly does that even mean? How do you measure that? Most attractive football? I don't think going two-nil up away from home or one-nil up at home and drawing both games in consecutive weeks could be considered attractive football. Leicester haven't exactly played dull football only losing 3 games and winning 22 suggests that they have a winning formula. I'd consider them the best footballing side based on what I've seen. They had the bottle to see it through and showed that on the pitch where it matters most. The odds were against them, yet they kept winning games and getting those all important results.

This changes everything now. It's good for the sport.

All those teams will STILL be in a state of transition. More so. Man U, city, Chelsea and probably Arsenal (Like they matter) will all have new managers and be starting yet again.

Tott3nham have one of the best 11 in the premi3r league irrespective of bad seasons. We have one of the best managers. We have the youngest team who are only going to get better. I actually think we have an even better chance next year. We struggled for 10 games this season, first 10 I mean, Harry Kane didn't score in the first 7 and still will get golden boot. We are getting stronger and best opportunity?

As for best footballing side. I mean attractive, good football. So Yes. Easily. Leicester aren't a good footballing side let's not be crazy. They're incredibly effective, but it's defensive, long ball, counter attacking football. Tottenham dominate pretty much every very game, we score lots of goals, rarely concede... Ultimately it can be argued it's lil subjective but you'd have to be mental not to think Tottenham play better football than most of if not all the league this season.

As for you examples picking 2 games.... Oh boy...really? You're more intelligent than that. You can pick any results for a team and say they're not great? How about Leicestershire draw at home to west Bromley and home to Bournemouth against 10 men?

But it's not your worst. It's one of your best. And you still can't do it. You know what's funny. Since Christmas you know which team has never been at the top, Spurs. But we bottled it? Arsenal at the start of the year were top, 7 points ahead of Spurs.

Over the past 5 season out of all the teams that have been in the premiership, who has had the lowest net spend? Spurs. Even the mighty Leicester have 100m net spend more than Spurs.

Fact is, Arsenal are going nowhere, the most solid, stable club in the league and going nowhere. You blew it this season, absolutely blew it and I know you know it. Spurs have absolutely everything going for them, and going to get stronger and stronger.

Over the past 5 season out of all the teams that have been in the premiership, who has had the lowest net spend? Spurs. Even the mighty Leicester have 100m net spend more than Spurs.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_10_at_10_09_03.png

Tott3nham have one of the best 11 in the premi3r league irrespective of bad seasons. We have one of the best managers. We have the youngest team who are only going to get better.

That reminds of another team that are based near Spurs...

Leicester aren't a good footballing side let's not be crazy.

Dude, they've just won the frickin' league. Give them some credit. The best team ALWAYS wins the league. You don't get lucky over 38 games.

That reminds of another team that are based near Spurs...

Dude, they've just won the frickin' league. Give them some credit. The best team ALWAYS wins the league. You don't get lucky over 38 games.

Another team near spurs? West Ham?

As for Leicester, this has been gone through, I said footballing side, they have been theist team this season, not disputing that, that is indisputable, but they aren't a great footballing team. Tactically perfect, played to their limited strengths, but they don't play great football.

Football is a game.

The aim of a game is to win.

Leicester have played the most winning football this season.

Ergo, Leicester have played the best football this season.

This "we play the best football" is such a bag of shite. The best football wins, simple as that. You can play "beautiful" football and lose, that is then shit football. What's the point of "playing beautifully" if you're not going to win?

Football is a game.

The aim of a game is to win.

Leicester have played the most winning football this season.

Ergo, Leicester have played the best football this season.

This "we play the best football" is such a bag of shite. The best football wins, simple as that. You can play "beautiful" football and lose, that is then shit football. What's the point of "playing beautifully" if you're not going to win?

Because it's entertainment first and foremost, and we want to be entertained. In history we remember the most amazing and exciting players irrespective of success.

Also it's about long term thinking, we play the best football in the league I believe, or definitely one of the best; because of this I'm confident we'll be there again next season. Leicester, everything aligned this year, but they won't be close next year.

If Arsenal, City or Chelsea won the league like Leicester people would slag them for the way they play, I'm sure when Chelsea bored everyone to death to win the league they got slagged off for it; Arsenal are infamous for being boring with 1-0 to the arsenal etc. Obviously Leicester have no other option and people expect more from those teams that have spent hundreds of millions, and I don't begrudge them, I'm just stating my opinion.

The reason people slag them off is simple: jealousy.

I'll guarantee you, 50 years from now nobody will remember Tottenham this season, they'll all remember Leicester!

"Beautiful" football and "ugly" football are all part of the same game. You can't discount one style of play because you don't find it as entertaining. It's a tactical ploy to play that way and if it wins then it's the best.

Winning ugly is still "beautiful", because it can be tactically beautiful.

Those that don't learn to appreciate that will never become winners... because this season, Leicester have beautifully employed those "ugly" tactics to dismantle everyone, irrespective of the "beautiful" football they play!

Well the team who play most like us currently in the Champions League is Athletico Madrid! They're not doing so badly! :)

Their last 3 possession stats all less than 30%

Football mythology:

We play attractive football = we've got no backbone

We've got history = the last time we won anything was over 40 years ago

We're a big club = the last time we won anything was over 40 years ago

We didn't buy the title = we didn't win the title

We didn't buy the title = we wish a billionaire would buy our club

We have a low net spend = we always sell our best players

Football mythology:

We play attractive football = we've got no backbone

We've got history = the last time we won anything was over 40 years ago

We're a big club = the last time we won anything was over 40 years ago

We didn't buy the title = we didn't win the title

We didn't buy the title = we wish a billionaire would buy our club

We have a low net spend = we always sell our best players

It's our year = scousers in August

Talking of way teams play... I think I've been spoiled by Leicester's style of play, I love the rapid attack and staunch defending. When I watched Arsenal the other day it was horrific watching them pass the ball around the box all game. Same with England... Boring possession football with no end product...

Utter gibberish from the Chelsea fans I can't even be bothered :) never once discounted anything, I'm just stating borderline facts. Find it very limiting when people see the world so simply as they won the league so they must play the best football... Did Greece play the best football when they won the euros? Did Chelsea play the best football when they won the champions league? No. It's not saying they weren't effective or they didn't deserve it (though Chelsea really didn't) just pointing it out.

Also, find it quite depressing that people don't value exciting, technical and entertaining football as much as I thought people would.

But then there are loads of Arsenal and Chelsea fans so explains that....