NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

As a Chelsea fan I'd love to say this is the case but it is absolutely not! We've not been losing like we had but we've been drawing aplenty and still playing relatively awfully!

Haha, I take it back...

No, have the faith, Chelsea will beat them!

Well I already said that I think Leicester will draw against Man U (See a few posts above). But to add to that, I think they could definitely beat Chelsea. Chelsea are pretty wobbly at the back, and they're strikers aren't exactly shit hot right now. I reckon it'll be 2-0 to Leicester.

To continue my prediction streak, I think Tottenham will lose tonight against West Brom. 7-0.

Berainho with them all!! Knew we shot;d've signed him!

I think If Leicester lose/draw to man u and we beat chelsea. We'll be 3 points behind. And I think Leicester will start shitting their pants and struggle again against Everton and Chelsea!!

Spurs are going to do it, I can feel it!!

Oh Dazzybee, you are optimistic! The form of this whole season suggests that Leicester will go on to win it, there's no real reason that Man Utd or Chelsea are really in the position to be the ones to stop them. Mam Utd will be the toughest one as they've still got something to play for as they can still catch us.

Personally hoping for a Spurs loss today so Leicester will only need 2 points from the last 3 games to win it!

Bringing it back to Arsenal, sounds like we were awful yesterday. I think watching that may have been more painful than the marathon that I was running at the time!

Of course Leicester will lose to Man U and Chelsea! After all, Leicester are relegation candidates and Man U and Chelsea are both top 4.

It's like you haven't watched this season at all!

Most people are still saying they'll bottle it.

Bringing it back to Arsenal, sounds like we were awful yesterday. I think watching that may have been more painful than the marathon that I was running at the time!

I literally fell asleep during the match. Not a single player put in a good performance. Ozil was invisible. I'm not quite sure what Ramsey was doing. Iwobi had a few moments where he looked dangerous but in general he'd just give the ball away. Sanchez was alright but never looked like scoring.

I think at this point Newcatle could win all 3 games left and it still might not be enough. Sunderland look like theyre going to do it again...(I mean for fucks sake Arsenal). Sunderland have Stoke, Watford, Chelsea and Everton left to play. Replace Chelsea with Swansea and you probably have the top 4 teams you might pick to play against right now. Sigh :(

Most people are still saying they'll bottle it.

Really... still... (not saying they will win it, but if they don't it won't be because they bottled it!).

I made a (non)exhaustive list of reasons we can keep winning/playing well throughout the year from the media for the footy forum I frquent I'll share them here:

• They're just riding on the back of a good end to last season.
  • They've got an easy start to the season.
  • They've not played any of the "Big 4(5/6)TM".
  • Once they lose they'll lose confidence.
  • They've not played any good teams away.
  • We'll see where they are after the next run of games - ManU, Chelsea, Swansea, Everton, man City, Liverpool.
  • They won't cope with the Winter busy schedule with their squad.
  • We'll see where they are after the next run of games - Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal.
  • They won't be able to play against the lower teams who don't attack them.
  • They'll struggle when the internationals come back of duty.
  • They'll struggle against Sunderland as they need to win...
  • They'll bottle it if Spurs keep winning.
  • They've lost Vardy who'll score now
  • Errrmmm... they'll bottle it because... errmmm... they're not from London...?

Seriously how many more 'tests' do they have to pass before they get accepted?

My favourite is everyone spaffing over Spurs' 4-0 over Stoke, but Leicester were playing Swansea with flipflops on? Yet both oppositions were basically crap.

Basically who ever wins the league will fully deserve it, but believing we'll lose the next three when we've lost four games in the previous 43 games!? That's just odd...

[\rant]

: peace:

Write off Leicester at you're own risk. This is a team, a proper team. Maybe not the leagues most talented or technical. But a squad of men truly applying themselves for each other. I've waited for them to fall away all season. Now I hope they don't.

It's gonna be a nervy final 15 mins for Spurs. Fair play to WBA as they've really given it a go in the second half.

I can still see Spurs scoring another goal and getting the full 3 points. Let's see how this plays out...

EDIT: Wow. WBA held them! That could be the killer blow.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

This is why I love this league. On paper Spurs should have battered them but in reality WBA showed up and gave them a game. This season continues to deliver.

It's simple for Leicester, beat Manchester United and they have virtually won it.

No, beat ManU (or Everton or Chelsea) and we've literally won it!

Just 3 points (assuming Spurs and their footballing masterclass win all three!)!

OMFG!!!!!! :o:bouncy::cry:

Oh My God, the crazy has started!!!

CIxLshFWgAAmJqS.jpg:large

BREAKING: Leicester City has today relieved its First Team Manager, Nigel Pearson, of his duties. More follows… #lcfc

WHY?????:wtf::shakehead

This seems so long ago Phube, who would have thought it huh? :wink:

No, beat ManU (or Everton or Chelsea) and we've literally won it!

Just 3 points (assuming Spurs and their footballing masterclass win all three!)!

OMFG!!!!!! :o:bouncy::cry:

It would be great if you won it against Everton at the King Power instead though!

I think Leicester will lose/draw against United but Chelsea will ruin Spurs 1v1. If that happens, then Spurs can only get a possible 6 points, meaning the title will go to Leicester.

Can't believe tonight's result. Amazing for Leicester. They're so fucking close. :o

We'll be talking about this for years to come.

Hahaha get rekt @dazzybee

Go on Leicester, one more win!

Or 3 draws but that would be the most stressful way of doing this possible, please no.

Hahaha get rekt @dazzybee

Go on Leicester, one more win!

Or 3 draws but that would be the most stressful way of doing this possible, please no.

Not even that! We only have to equal Spurs' result this weekend! And we've won!

Not even that! We only have to equal Spurs' result this weekend! And we've won!

congratulations pal and as it's worked out you should be able to celebrate at home against Everton in front of your own supporters. A truly incredible season for Leicester, the stuff of legend.

I can't believe Vardy didn't get player of the year, apart from his goals driving Leicester to the title he also broke the goal scoring record at the start of the season a record that will probably last for years to come. I'm sure a Champions medal will soften the blow.

Delighted that Spurs dropped points. I went to bed early with Spurs winning 1-0 and feared the worst, so was very happy when I woke up to see West Brom levelled. Sure, a West Brom win would've been better, but I've got faith in Leicester winning one of their next two games so they can be awarded the trophy in front of their home fans at the King Power Stadium! It's an amazing story and they really deserve it. Vardy is still banned for the United game but they can do it without him!

Come on you Foxes - you can do it! And do it quick so you don't have to celebrate it at Stamford Bridge!

This is incredible. The whole country/world (apart from Spurs) are behind Leicester. It's going to be mental when they win it. I kind of hope they don't win it at the weekend so they can in front of their own fans vs Everton. Unfortunately, I think they'll win it when Spurs play Chelsea and I really hope that doesn't happen.

On another note, after a 27 year campaign, an inquiry into the Hillsborough Incident has now returned a verdict that the fans were unlawfully killed due to gross negligence by the police force.

I'm only 29. I can't imagine fighting for so long to get to the truth and to obtain justice for the death of all of these fans. This should never be allowed to happen again.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

On another note, after a 27 year campaign, an inquiry into the Hillsborough Incident has now returned a verdict that the fans were unlawfully killed due to gross negligence by the police force.

I'm only 29. I can't imagine fighting for so long to get to the truth and to obtain justice for the death of all of these fans. This should never be allowed to happen again.

what does that even mean "unlawfully killed"

It was a tragedy, no doubt and the police clearly lost control of the situation, but that term doesn't sit easy with me. There was no malice, nobody said let's open a gate and kill a load of supporters.

All sorts of problems were to blame for the tragedy. Hillsborough was ill equipped for handling a disaster, the coaches let out too close to the ground and caused blockages outside the ground, causing them to open more entrances which only resulted in moving the problem into the cramped tunnel. The fence that were in place to stop fighting between fans meant there was no quick exit for those in trouble. First and foremost the police felt that they were there to stop clashes between rival fans and not to look after their safety so when fans started pouring over the fences, the police tried to stop them - even resorting to hitting some with truncheons. The lack of access for ambulances meant that it was impossible to attend properly to all of those in need, such was the lack of proper first aid that some died almost 2 hours after the accident had occurred.

There were so many factors involved, and with hindsight an incident like the Hillsborough disaster was an accident waiting to happen, as many football ground in the late 80's were not fit for purpose and regularly over crowded. But the mindset of the police - treating all football fans like hooligans - meant that those problems were escalated and more people suffered, over an extended period of time, than should ever have been involved.

It's appalling that it's taken 27 years to reach this conclusion, because it's been blatantly obvious for 27 years that the police handled the situation as badly as they could. For the families to have suffered through the drawn out proceedings, unable to properly mourn their loved ones must have been torturous, and hopefully this is the start of the healing process for them.

A quick note just to say that I cannot imagine the feeling that the families of the 96 had when hearing the verdict today. The years of fighting for the truth has been won.

Its still saddening to think that people went to a football match only to never return home.