NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

Spurs looked fantastic tonight. You starting to sweat, @Phube? :D

Amazing what happens when the ref doesn't screw you over! :heh:

I won't be non-sweaty until we win or lose (come second!?!) it....

We're coming for you

We're coming for youuuuuu

Leicester City

We're coming for youuu!!

Our goal difference this season

2014 -4

2015 - 5

This season thus far - 35

Puts into perspective how good (/less shit) we've been than normal.

Gonna be a bloody terrific run in whoever wins it. All sort of mixed emotions for me as Leicester have always been my second team. Never woulda thought I'd actually be disappointed to see them win the league...

Really? As bad as United? I don't believe that for a second. We've looked dire in about 95% of games this season, without exaggeration.

And yet even when you struggled you ground out results a fair amount of those times, Arsenal have looked world beaters one week then dire the next and I'm definitely of the mindset that if Wenger doesn't give the squad an overhaul in the Summer then he should not get a contract extension.

Also if Spurs managed to win the League, as a football fan I couldn't begrudge that. If it weren't for Leicester City they'd win the league this season (I saw the stats and Spurs were first in every column from chances created to fewest goals conceded), they may yet still do that, but if they came runners up then their best chance to win the league may yet pass them by because you know that Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and maybe even Arsenal are going to spend the money to be stronger next season.

We're coming for you

We're coming for youuuuuu

Leicester City

We're coming for youuu!!

Our goal difference this season

2014 -4

2015 - 5

This season thus far - 35

Puts into perspective how good (/less shit) we've been than normal.

Gonna be a bloody terrific run in whoever wins it. All sort of mixed emotions for me as Leicester have always been my second team. Never woulda thought I'd actually be disappointed to see them win the league...

I'll make a deal, we win it this year, you win it next (because Spurs will finish above us next year guaranteed!).

I'll make a deal, we win it this year, you win it next (because Spurs will finish above us next year guaranteed!).

If only we could actually make that deal I'd take it. I think we can be just as strong next year actually, but we are so so close...

I still think without Vardy and pressure now building you could bottle it against Swansea, definite loss against Man u. Everton are unknowns but Lukaku us excellent, then a v chelsea. Hard hard hard!!!

If only we could actually make that deal I'd take it. I think we can be just as strong next year actually, but we are so so close...

I still think without Vardy and pressure now building you could bottle it against Swansea, definite loss against Man u. Everton are unknowns but Lukaku us excellent, then a v chelsea. Hard hard hard!!!

I'm not saying Leicester won't yet come 2nd to Spurs, but is that such a hard run in?

Swansea: just lost to a Newcastle team who are likely getting relegated, got whacked 3-0. Safe, nothing to play for

Man U: As Flink explained, a bit shit. Defensively solid, could be a draw but it's hardly a nailed on United win.

Everton: Arguably one of the worst teams in the league on current form. Like Swansea, nothing to play for, Lukaku has went off the boil and they seem to be imploding. Plus they have the FA cup to focus on.

Chelsea: Back to back losses, nothing to play for. They're not last seasons Chelsea.

Hard to say how much Vardy's absence will affect them though. From that I can see 2 wins (Swans/Toffees) and 2 draws which would get them over the line.

Plus of course Spurs play Newcastle on the last day and well fuckin rek u m8 1v1 u wot.

Edited by ipaul
Automerged Doublepost

Really? As bad as United? I don't believe that for a second. We've looked dire in about 95% of games this season, without exaggeration.

Spurs are looking good. Starting to think they'll get the better of Leicester.

And yet even when you struggled you ground out results a fair amount of those times, Arsenal have looked world beaters one week then dire the next and I'm definitely of the mindset that if Wenger doesn't give the squad an overhaul in the Summer then he should not get a contract extension.

I agree. Arsenal play nice football that's enjoyable to watch but the results have been shocking - hence only being a few points above Man Utd.

Wenger needs to go. He's lost it and hasn't had it in about a decade. Unless the squad gets some major improvements Sanchez and Ozil will want to leave and that would be disastrous. At the very least we need a world class striker and world class defender. A player who is going to score 20 every single season. Girous, Welbeck and Walcott aren't good enough. You can see Ozil's frustration every time he plays a killer pass and they mess it up.

The good news is Fabregas does not want Spurs to win the title; same with Terry and ALL Chelsea fans.

And we both play them... How Chelsea decide to play, could, could determine who wins the title!?

The good news is Fabregas does not want Spurs to win the title; same with Terry and ALL Chelsea fans.

And we both play them... How Chelsea decide to play, could, could determine who wins the title!?

Don't like the sound of that one bit. Nonetheless, I'm pretty confident we can do Chelsea even if they're trying... touch wood. Banking on Louis to scrape it, in champs league desperation mode, and a struggle against Swansea with no Vardy..

It'll all be over before Chelsea roll over for ya anyway

2ebrbsm.png

#optimistic

Footballers are way too professional to throw it against Leicester. And they're fighting for a new manager. Not worried at all about Chelsea.

Sunday is going to be a killer game for Leicester - their first taste of this this kind of pressure, how will they cope? And how will they cope without Vardy. I predict a draw.

Footballers are way too professional to throw it against Leicester. And they're fighting for a new manager. Not worried at all about Chelsea.

Sunday is going to be a killer game for Leicester - their first taste of this this kind of pressure, how will they cope? And how will they cope without Vardy. I predict a draw.

The same way we coped with a crooked Vardy (taken off on 71mins after doing nothing) and still won the game in the 83rd minute... Where was that again? Oh yes White Heart Lane! ;)

The same way we coped with a crooked Vardy (taken off on 71mins after doing nothing) and still won the game in the 83rd minute... Where was that again? Oh yes White Heart Lane! ;)

We controlled the whole game from beginning to end an you got a late goal from a corner... Well done.

Let's see what happens.

1 point against City, I'll take that. Agueros goal was miles offside too! Getting hopeful here...sigh

1 point against City, I'll take that. Agueros goal was miles offside too! Getting hopeful here...sigh

Yup. I watched the game and couldn't believe how that goal was allowed. Annoying that calls like that could end up costing you guys and sending you down. You certainly looked a lot better and easily could have won the match.

Things are interesting at the top and the bottom of the league. This season continues to deliver.

I'm rooting for you... Especially on the last day of the season!

I thought United looked extremely comfortably tonight without really having to exert that much energy. A decent performance and some good pieces of play here and there. But, it was over as soon as the second goal went in. Not sure I'd even say Palace were in the game.

Wow at that Liverpool score. I hear Everton were especially dreadful tonight.

Eee gads I'm a bit scared of Liverpool. We really need to win as well, a draw probably won't even do (even though in isolation that would be a great result).

If I'm being mega optimistic: Liverpool will rest players for Europe and do Rafa a favour, we'll win that game. If we perform like we have done recently we'll comfrotably beat Palace and make Pardew cry. Villa will be shite as they have been all season and we'll win. Come the last day Spurs will have nothing to play for and we'll complete the double over them.

Mega pessimistic: Liverpool will fucking destroy us like they have done to everyone recently. The Pardew factor will curse us and we'll lose to Palace. Villa will channel Derby 08 and somehow beat us despite being goddawful. Spurs will earn a hard fought 2-0 win.

@Fierce_LiNk Van Gaal to leave even if you finish 4th with an FA Cup? Who do you want instead?

It's kind of terrifying how good Liverpool have looked at times. They were poor against Dortmund to begin with but won that game through sheer force of will. They look like a shoe in for winning the Europa League now so it'll be real interesting to see what they do in the transfer market this summer, Klopp might actually take them back to the top table.

I really hope Villa don't go for Martinez when he gets sacked by Everton. I think he's a nice person and I want him to do well, but he's shown how inept he is when it comes to tactics, without Lukaku's goals this season Everton would be in a real hole.

Moyes is interested in taking over at Villa, but Lerner doesn't seem willing to pay the money required to get him. We desperately need to find a new owner, history has shown that serious investment is needed to be competitive in the Championship.

@killthenet. That's a shame, I always wanted Moyes at Newcastle before Rafa. Ashley was unwilling to spend as well though. Think he would be a great fit for Villa. Much in the same way that I think he would have done well at Newcastle. I woudln't want Martinez anywhere near my club either.

Would Moyes be welcomed back to Everton? They really were awful last night.. to my delight :grin:

The injury to Origi is really disappointing but Liverpool were all over them for 90 minutes and it was great to see everyone working together and playing with confidence and a smile.

To be honest, it makes the capitulations against Southampton and Sunderland, both from 2-0 up, that little bit more frustrating as we'd still have had a sniff at the top 4 otherwise!

Two goals from outside the box, in one match!!

Btw Phube if you don't win it. I don't think we can be friends. For the first time in 20 years I think Spurs will finish above us. And I'm genuinely concerned they might knick it. What a horrible time to be alive.

Would Moyes be welcomed back to Everton? They really were awful last night.. to my delight :grin:

Moyes was consistent at Everton but never achieved anything. When you see the likes of Leicester, West Ham and Spurs this season all pushing for trophies or Champions League you've got to wonder if Moyes would've been up there with them?

I think he'll go to Celtic.

Chelsea coming good in time for Spurs :hehe:

Also supposedly:

ahaha Chelsea fans singing "Leicester Leicester win the league" and "Beat F***ing Tottenham, u better beat fvcking Tottenham!

:wink: