NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

He's managing Zhang-zhou Evergrande in China (who just lost to Barcelona in the club world cup).

Not going to dance on Jose's figurative grave, but equally I'm not very sympathetic, any manager would have been sacked by Chelsea for the results they've had and I think this is also karma he probably deserves for some of his antics.

Plus the guy's minted and will easily find another lucrative job, they'll be plenty worse off people sacked just before Christmas.

For someone who despises Mourinho I'm a bit annoyed Chelsea have sacked him.

He's the best manager that club has ever had in terms of success. He's having one bad season, possibly in his whole managerial career. He's quite clearly very good at his job, Chelsea won't go down. And instead of standing by him, when the players are letting him down. They've taken the easy option. The shitty option. The option a classless club like Chelsea would always take.

Imagine Shankly, Paisley, Ferguson, Wenger getting the chop for one poor season. Not a chance.

Football is now a shitty managerial merry go round where rich tossers chuck their money about.

That being said, I'm laughing at Mourinho and Chelsea this evening. Long may the misery continue.

For someone who despises Mourinho I'm a bit annoyed Chelsea have sacked him.

He's the best manager that club has ever had in terms of success. He's having one bad season, possibly in his whole managerial career. He's quite clearly very good at his job, Chelsea won't go down. And instead of standing by him, when the players are letting him down. They've taken the easy option. The shitty option. The option a classless club like Chelsea would always take.

Imagine Shankly, Paisley, Ferguson, Wenger getting the chop for one poor season. Not a chance.

Football is now a shitty managerial merry go round where rich tossers chuck their money about.

That being said, I'm laughing at Mourinho and Chelsea this evening. Long may the misery continue.

I agree with all of this.

Although, I'm more pissed off that Garry Monk got sacked by Swansea. Unfortunately, the shelf life of a manager is pretty poor. A few bad games, then you're up for the sack.

I agree with all of this.

Although, I'm more pissed off that Garry Monk got sacked by Swansea. Unfortunately, the shelf life of a manager is pretty poor. A few bad games, then you're up for the sack.

Who do Swansea think they are these days? They were in League One only 8 years ago.

It's a real shame that he's been sacked. At the end of last season it looked like we were going to get a great rivalry between Mourinho and LVG, but now one of them has lost their job and the other one is reviled by his own fans.

Like ramar said, it's indicative of the way football is these days that someone like Mourinho can have a bad few months at the club that love him the most and lose his job. There really is no chance for another Wenger or Ferguson.

I guarantee that Chelsea will go on to win the Champions League.

Right or wrong I've become used to managers getting the sack for poor results, what annoys me is how pundits say teams like Chelsea or Swansea should be doing better as though a) they automatically have the right to a specific level of success at the expense of others, and b) all teams can have good seasons if they just perform better (they can't).

Teams do worse because other teams do better, one is a consequence of the other. It's not like golf where everyone plays the course and conditions so in theory everyone can have a good round. So if it's not Gary Monk or Jose getting sacked for bad results it would probably just be someone else, if not now eventually.

They'll say it's disgrace that Chelsea are so far down the league but then praise Leicester for over-achieving, one facilitates the other, if we want refreshing sucess stories like Leicester then we have to accept suprising failures like Chelsea.

It's not just this country either, there are few super clubs in Europe now that all expect success and managers can be sacked for 2nd place. Just take Spain and England, you've got Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona (and possibly Arsenal) that are all targetting the 3 trophies that matter (the Prem, La Liga and the CL) with very high expectations (due to reputation and expenditure) of not just competing for them but specifically winning them. Some of them perhaps expect the double.

Then throw in the very formidable threat of Bayern Munich (perhaps the best team of all), and other ambitious and dangerous clubs like Juventus, PSG, Arsenal and Atletico Madrid. Not to mention sleeping giants with aspirations and even expectations of returning to former glory such as Liverpool, Inter and AC Milan.

So it seems crazy to say to someone like Rafa at Real Madrid "win the La Liga or the Cl in your first season or else." Or even say "win the prem or CL" to Klopp at Liverpool in is first 3 seasons. Not saying these actually happened, just hypothetical examples, but managers do get these kind of targets, so given they can't all win these few trophies (especially the CL), managerial casualties for even second place teams seem to be inevitable.

Edited by pratty

It's not just the "super clubs" or the Premier League clubs that expect success and readily sack their managers. The lower leagues do too. As an example, we sacked Warnock in 2007, a manager we had for 10+ years (upon relegation from the Premier League) and since then we have had 9 managers.

Quite shocking really.

Who do Swansea think they are these days? They were in League One only 8 years ago.

And now in the Premier League and should be respected as so.

I don't blame Mourinho for the position we're in, we all know his credentials. Yes, he rubs people the wrong way, including myself at times, but he is without doubt a great manager.

The players were evidently not playing for him. With the exception of a few they were not playing with their hearts or fighting for the team.

I hope the players are ashamed of themselves for what has happened! Absolutely ashamed, as I am of them!

I do think a lot of the blame has to go with Jose. From what was said in the first few weeks of the season, the Chelsea team prepared poorly in pre-season, winning none of their games. The argument with the club doctors damaged the morale of the players who were on very good terms with her. He's sabotaged his relationships with players and staff from within. I don't think he handled the John Terry situation very well. Sure, the player needs to be eased-out gently as he's coming to the end of his career, but he did it in the wrong way.

Overall, I don't think Jose has done himself any favours. The players haven't performed well and must also shoulder the blame. Whether or not you like the manager or are getting on with him or not, you're being paid a bluddy big wage to perform. It annoys me greatly that players are being paid more a week than we'll earn close to a decade, yet don't perform or even seemingly look like they give a toss.

I don't like to see him go because I do like him and think he's a good fit for this league. If he were my manager, I wouldn't like to see him go.

However...

Danny Baker makes a good point on Twitter:

_87266217_dannybaker1.jpg

What would you United fans think to that?

I wouldn't like to see Van Gaal go and Mourinho come in. Yes, we'd win, but Mourinho doesn't entertain. We're playing boring football at the minute and that would roughly stay the same. Someone like Diego Simeone would be a brilliant fit for either United or Chelsea, somebody who can get the players playing exciting and attractive football.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

It's Mourinho's own fault he got sacked. Ever since the Eva Carneiro fiasco he'd lost the dressing room and a lot of top players wanted him gone. It's been one thing after another since then and he's done nothing to prove he'd turn things around.

I think he should've been given time but you can see why they think they needed a change.

As a Chelsea supporter I'm pretty conflicted over the sacking of Mourinho. Clearly there is nobody better out there so we are taking a backwards step, but he has just about forced the boards hand.

The whole Dr situation was a farce, he was entirely at fault and the board should never have allowed him to reduce her duties and should also have made him apologise in public.

He has obviously split the dressing room, and has made some real tactical blunders. Playing at home to Bournemouth with no strikers was the point for me where he had clearly lost the plot and didn't know what to do.

However, we have been absolutely slaughtered with bad luck and poor refereeing decisions and could/should easily have another 9-12 points on the board which would have made a big difference.

To sack him after Leicester seems a bit disrespectful to them, they are top of the league almost half way through the season so clearly on form are a very, very good team, so losing away to them is no shame. They should have sacked him after the home loss to Bournemouth.

Roman clearly will throw everything at getting Pep, but if he goes to City, which seems most likely then it's Simeone or bust.

@Eenuh actually predicted a 3-1 home loss for us today. So, I guess we showed her!

I knew we'd lose today, like I knew we'd lose last week. The players and manager are doing absolutely nothing to prove the fans that they are good enough to be at this club. If I performed like this for my job, I'd get slaughtered, never mind the actual amount of money that these guys are on.

Norwich didn't even have to work for that. They strolled to victory. Fully deserved. We deserve to lose every game we're in as we are second best in every department.

I also think it's time to admit that the Phil Jones experiment isn't working. He's a complete liability, gets injured far too often, is too gung-ho and gets caught out of position far too often to be in the starting eleven.

Phube you were much quieter when you were a few losses away from relegation last season. ;)

:p

Phube you were much quieter when you were a few losses away from relegation last season. ;)

:p

I was in contemplative/defeatist mode...

Now I'm in disbelieving/smug mode!

They still won't get top 4.... Thought how long can we say that for? Hope they do though (not at the expense of Spurs)

Starting to believe Leicester may get top 4...maybe.

We cocked up todays match. Could have been out of sight early on in the second half but we missed some absolute sitters and our shaky defence cost us. Far too weak down the wings, Janmaat has forgotten how to defend and our left back position is tragically weak. Cant believe we sold Santon. 1-1 a fair enough result, either team could have sneaked it.

Still 7/9 points. Just annoying how all the fellow relegation battlers managed to get great results.

Also enjoying this managerial merry go round...Pep at City and Mou at Man U for the start of next season?

Feel a bit sorry for Pellegrini though. He's not done much wrong and they're bringing in someone to replace him.

Feel a bit sorry for Pellegrini though. He's not done much wrong and they're bringing in someone to replace him.

Maybe the board joked at the start of the season that they'll sack him if he's below Leicester at Christmas..

Looks like Guardiola is going to have his pick of teams to go to then, the Chelsea job will definitely be vacant and in all likelihood, United and City would sack their managers to get Pep, and I can see Arsene Wenger leaving Arsenal if they win the league.

So happy that Leicester won again, on Sky Sports News they mentioned that at the start of the season the odds on Leicester winning the league were 5000-1, they've now been slashed to 10-1. Pundits are still hesitant to say that they're title contenders, but they're starting to reluctantly agree that they're going to finish in the top 4.

Once again another shocking performance from Liverpool. We look like a completely different side from the one that beat Chelsea, Man City and Southampton.

We look absolutely terrible up front. We can't seem to string a sequence of passes together, instead looking to hoof it up front and hope someone gets on the end of it.

Well played to Watford. They were by far the better team, took their chances and deserve the victory.

Despite being beat, I'm loving this season. The top half of the table is looking tremendous, with a fair few new teams in the mix. About time!

It's like the Premeir League is on drugs or something?

I wonder; is this some one freak season and normal service will be resumed next? Or a real sea change, us smaller clubs learning that the 'big clubs' seem to crumble under attacking pressure!