NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

Don't get your knickers in a twist! Your lads let us down last night.

Haha, they weren't on the pitch! Though our only goal was created in North London so not sure what you mean...

Though in all seriousness it did show the two things wrong with England - one, our defence is shockingly poor. Two, the squad depth is awful. If the main 11 don't play I think we'll struggle. Also think bar Dier we don't have much quality for those middle 2... I'd have to say Drinkwater deserves it...

A fit Jack Wilshere would walk into the midfield. But a whole season out with a fractured leg. He's as reliable as a chocolate teapot.

A fit Jack Wilshere would walk into the midfield. But a whole season out with a fractured leg. He's as reliable as a chocolate teapot.

The Jack Wilshere/Phil Jones ship has sailed, imo. With the wear and tear on the body that comes from the intense training and with age, the players are only going to get worse. If you're not playing week in, week out at that age due to injury, you've got no hope really.

I don't think either player has progressed at all. It's a shame, as they both at one time looked like real prospects. Wilshere in particular looked like he would be controlling that midfield for England and Arsenal for years to come.

Good game I thought tonight, thought Liverpool could have won it but would have been gutted to lose it so won't complain too much. Coutinho was great, except for the dive, hope cuts that out.

7 point lead with 6 games left. 3 wins from their last 6 games should do it as Spurs have some tricky games coming up, Man Utd at home, Stoke & Chelsea Away.

I hate 1-0's... My nerves are shredded... Damn this is horrifically stressful!

Leicester are sooooo close. Predictions for their final few games:

Sunderland 0 v 2 Leicester

Leicester 2 v 1 West Ham

Leicester 2 v 0 Swansea

Man Utd 1 v 1 Leicester

Leicester 1 v 0 Everton

Chelsea 1 v 1 Leicester

7 points is a fantastic cushion for them. I'm excited and want to see them do it now. Just for what it shows the rest of the league. It's a massive deal for football.

I thought the United game was alright. A bit boring, but what's new? I don't think we'll get top 4 and still expect City to clinch that fourth spot. We're kinda just going through the motions.

I didn't realise Leicesters last six games were so tricky...should be an exciting finish either way!

Well, Conte has finally been appointed Chelsea manager, on a 3 year deal. I hope he's not a manager (like most of them prior) that blocks the youth coming through.

I hope to god that Ruben Loftus-Cheek doesn't lose his place and hope that more players get the chance to play... Patrick Bamford, Nathaniel Chalobah, Nathan Ake, Lewis Baker and Charlie Musonda to name but a few.

All players that need a chance and time in the first team. Hell, give them a run out in the cups like other teams do with their youth.

Well, Conte has finally been appointed Chelsea manager, on a 3 year deal. I hope he's not a manager (like most of them prior) that blocks the youth coming through.

I hope to god that Ruben Loftus-Cheek doesn't lose his place and hope that more players get the chance to play... Patrick Bamford, Nathaniel Chalobah, Nathan Ake, Lewis Baker and Charlie Musonda to name but a few.

All players that need a chance and time in the first team. Hell, give them a run out in the cups like other teams do with their youth.

That's a very good appointment. Think he'll do a good job there. I wouldn't have been disappointed at all had United gone for him.

Bournemouth look to be safe now. 41 points with 5 games to go is fantastic, really happy for the club.

Hope United turn up tomorrow against Spurs. I'm expecting a draw. 1-1.

We're conpletely fucked. That's what having no defenders will do to you. Aston Villa could beat us at this rate, it's fucking atrocious. Seems the turnaround job was too much for Rafa.

I almost hope Sunderland stay up just to avoid the derbys next season. Excited to play Burton Albion next season...We need a complete clear out of the deadwood.

Couldnt watch the game as it was my son's first birthday party today...gonna tell him we're lifelong to Juventus fans eventually, the truth is too cruel.

Ashley Young has come on for United. He's playing up front with Martial up wide.

THIS kind of shit is why LVG has to go.

Ashley Young has come on for United. He's playing up front with Martial up wide.

THIS kind of shit is why LVG has to go.

As a neutral I've enjoyed the game so far. It's been quite a fast paced match.

As a neutral I've enjoyed the game so far. It's been quite a fast paced match.

The players are quite decent (good in some areas) but LVG is making a mess out of the whole thing. Too many players in the wrong positions. He's sabotaged our forward line.

Spurs should really win this. 2 points dropped if they don't.

Marital is a forward playing on the wing, Mata is a number 10 playing on the wing, Young is a winger playing as a forward and Lingaard is a winger (I think...) playing at number 10.

Despite all this the person who seems most out of position is LVG.

Marital is a forward playing on the wing, Mata is a number 10 playing on the wing, Young is a winger playing as a forward and Lingaard is a winger (I think...) playing at number 10.

Despite all this the person who seems most out of position is LVG.

It wouldn't be so bad if Van Gaal was trying to incorporate some kind of Total Football style. But, he's not doing that.

The more time goes on, the more I'm convinced he'll be here next season.:hmm:

What baffles me most is that Mata has struggled with helping out at right back against Rose - he doesn't have the legs. When I heard Young was coming on I thought great, he's used to playing right back and can get from box to box to help cover and still be able to get forward.

But Martial up top, Lingaard on the left, Young on the right and Mata at number 10, not exactly rocket science :/

What baffles me most is that Mata has struggled with helping out at right back against Rose - he doesn't have the legs. When I heard Young was coming on I thought great, he's used to playing right back and can get from box to box to help cover and still be able to get forward.

But Martial up top, Lingaard on the left, Young on the right and Mata at number 10, not exactly rocket science :/

Mata's done ok defensively, but he hasn't offered much going the other way because he's not got the pace to be box to box. He's clearly a number 10.

Van Gaal doesn't make the obvious sub. I don't know if he's trying too hard to be clever or if he's just seeing something which the vast majority don't see. Maybe he's expecting Young to stretch the play and Martial to then cut in the space behind Young? I don't think that will work.

I just want Martial to play up front. I want to see what he can do if he's right in the middle of that goal.

Edit: 1-0 down. Think it'll stay that way.

Mata's done ok defensively, but he hasn't offered much going the other way because he's not got the pace to be box to box. He's clearly a number 10.

Van Gaal doesn't make the obvious sub. I don't know if he's trying too hard to be clever or if he's just seeing something which the vast majority don't see. Maybe he's expecting Young to stretch the play and Martial to then cut in the space behind Young? I don't think that will work.

I just want Martial to play up front. I want to see what he can do if he's right in the middle of that goal.

I think he picks names and positions out of a hat.

Schneiderlin, our tallest player (or close to it), was taking a corner earlier...

Waahhooo!!!!

Not letting you win it that easy @Phube !

Great to have Lamela back. Great ten minutes. Could've been more.

I can see us slipping up at The Bridge but asides from that all our games look fairly winnable / against, hopefully, rather on-the-beach mid table teams (touch wood).

Hammers could yet do us a favour next week, then Leicester have United, Everton and Chelsea as their last three fixtures... ain't over till it's over!