NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

Jeff telling it how it is. :D

That's perfect.

I thought that the Saints/Liverpool game would be good but I didn't think it would be THAT good. What a comeback! We've got loads of Southampton fans at our school due to its proximity, so they'll be buzzing tomorrow.

That's perfect.

I thought that the Saints/Liverpool game would be good but I didn't think it would be THAT good. What a comeback! We've got loads of Southampton fans at our school due to its proximity, so they'll be buzzing tomorrow.

I couldn't help but laugh at the result. Fair play to Southampton for not letting their heads drop and get 3 points.

United...look quite good today. Rashford's goal was fantastic and he should have just been given a penalty.

Wow, we could actually win this. Top four still on?

I couldn't help but laugh at the result. Fair play to Southampton for not letting their heads drop and get 3 points.

I was out this afternoon but even at 2-0, I had a feeling in my gut that was telling me we wouldn't win today. I kept checking the score on my phone but around the 60 minute mark I said to my wife that Southampton will score and we'll either draw 2-2 or lose 3-2. Unfortunately, I got it completely right :hmm:

United...look quite good today. Rashford's goal was fantastic and he should have just been given a penalty.

Wow, we could actually win this. Top four still on?

Today was one of those rare occasions where I was hoping for a United victory as Liverpool beating Southampton would have kept us in with a chance of 4th. As it stands now, I fear a rather inevitable defeat to Dortmund will end our season :sad:

Another exciting day in the Premier League, Leicester go 8pts clear, Arsenal just about stay in the race and Norwich earn an incredibly valuable win. If Sunderland win the Tyne & Wear derby tomorrow then Newcastle would be 4 points from safety, could be cut adrift.

Leicester winning the tough games, consistent 1 - 0 wins, positive attitude from all the players, star players stepping up- all the signs of a title winning side.

I'm inclined to say Arsenal are now in a battle for 4th rather than 1st. Leicester and Spurs basically need to lose 4 times in the remaining 8 games for Arsenal to come out on top.

Today was one of those rare occasions where I was hoping for a United victory as Liverpool beating Southampton would have kept us in with a chance of 4th. As it stands now, I fear a rather inevitable defeat to Dortmund will end our season :sad:

I'm expecting Dortmund to give you a pasting. However, Klopp won't want to be humiliated by his old club, so he'll no doubt try to be clever about the entire tie. Dortmund should win that competition, mind.

I thought United were great in the first half but massively took their foot off the gas in the second. We went too defensive and were asking for trouble, tbh. I wasn't a fan of what I saw, but we won the game and beat City, so that's really what matters for now.

I did think Smalling was a lucky guy. He should have walked for a blatant second yellow, but the referee also shouldn't have given him his first as it was too soft a yellow and we should have had an obvious penalty. I didn't think the officiating was that great yesterday; it was all rather poor.

Did anyone else watch the England game? I thought that was a very good England performance. Good choices of players in the team, good subs, strong mentality when going 2-0 down away from home and just an all-round good game. Certainly one of the better performances in recent years.

Did anyone else watch the England game? I thought that was a very good England performance. Good choices of players in the team, good subs, strong mentality when going 2-0 down away from home and just an all-round good game. Certainly one of the better performances in recent years.

Yeh.. I watched it and thought they were a little unlucky to be 2-0 down. It was a great comeback and, to me at least, shows the benefit of selecting players who are actually performing well for their club. I thought Dele Alli was very good so it was a shame for him to miss an open goal towards the end!

We all know Rooney will be straight back in when he returns, though :heh:

Fantastic performance, need to forget about Rooney and focus on this squad. I don't see how he can possibly add anything to the team. Need Alli or Barkley playing in behind the striker and Kane or Vardy up front, Rooney just doesn't fit.

I really hope Roy understands that and doesn't take Rooney out of loyalty.

Rooney shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. He's had his chances and hasn't delivered, so it's time to try something different.

Agreed with that, especially given how many options there are up front now

CegZ28RW4AEs8rJ.jpg:large

Not every day you see The Spurs taking apart the world champs..

Those Hollywood producers will be hoping for the perfect ending for The Jamie Vardy Story, Leicester win the Premier League and Vardy stars as England win Euro 2016.

Imagine the drama if Vardy takes England to the brink of winning it only to miss the penalty that would seal their victory.

Really like the Spurs spine that England are utilising.

A great performance from the lads, at 2-0 down it could easily have been 3 shortly after, but as soon as Kane scored (Which won me £75) the team looked hungry again and got what they deserved.

Great performance from England, such a breath of fresh air in their approach to the game. Good thing Hodgson will default to Rooney as soon as he's fit and England will fail to score ever again.

We'll never win unless Roy has the bottle to play both Kane and Vardy as a front two, from the start!. They would perfectly compliment each other, and with Alli and Drinkwater in the middle supplying the balls both strikers thrive on (and dropping dross like Lallana and Henderson). It could be wonderful...

But it won't happen with Roy in charge, there was a clip of them training where he tells Danny Drinkwater not to pass it so quickly, slow it down... Arrrrggghhh....

Oh, come on Roy! Just take the arm band off him and give it to Joe Hart. How can he possibly believe that Rooney has a major part to play at the Euros? If that's what Hodgson genuinely believes then England have no chance of succeeding while he's the manager.

Great to see Spurs beat Germany in such dramatic fashion!!

Already made that joke Dazza! Nah, great for Spurs and England. Praise for Poch - apparently he's coached 12 or the last 19 England debutants or something nuts.

'There's no better feeling than being able to do it with them as well, you know... They were brilliant, obviously Harry getting his goal... Dele missing....'

Love these three! :grin:

First West Ham won us the World Cup and now Spurs won us a friendly. 'Triffic stuff lads.

First West Ham won us the World Cup and now Spurs won us a friendly. 'Triffic stuff lads.

Meanwhile arsenal consistently do nothing for the national team over an impressive amount of time... Oh, except Jack Wilshere - THANKS!!!!

Remi Garde leaves Villa by mutual consent.

I feel really sorry for the fans of that club. They're being properly dicked about.

It really is appalling. Garde has done literally nothing since he came to the club, so i'm not surprised that he's leaving the sinking ship. The players haven't been playing for him for weeks, there is no fight in anyone. Things are looking a bit more hopeful though as there have been additions to the board like Brian Little and David Bernstein who have been in the game all their lives and know what Aston Villa means to people, Moyes is apparently interested in taking over even if we're a championship club, so hopefully the bad times don't last much longer.

This season has been dreadful ever since we lost to Leicester after being 2 goals up. Sherwood did nothing to convince the fans that the run to last seasons FA cup final was anything but a fluke, and it was no surprise to see him go. Garde looked like a decent appointment to begin with, he'd done a good job a Lyon so I was hopeful that he'd keep us up. But good results didn't come, and Garde was completely out of his depth, unable and unwilling to change his style and have us 'play ugly' - there was never a plan B and he seemed resigned to relegation only a couple of months into his appointment.

The silver lining is that this relegation won't be heartbreaking to Villa fans, because it's been coming for the last 3 or 4 years. If there'd been any hope of staying up, I'd be super upset about it, but we've just gone out with a whimper, the players don't look bothered about anything, instead of playing for their lives they look like they're already thinking about who they might be playing for next season. I don't expect much of the squad to survive relegation - I hope we keep a core few like Clark, Okore, Westwood, Bennett, Bacuna, Amavi and Bunn but i'd be happy to see the rest of them disappear, I'd be amazed if Agbonlahor wasn't playing in China next season. Grealish is one who should relish the opportunity to play in the Championship, his pace and skill mean he could be among the best players in the Championship next season, so I hope he steps up to the plate and really takes part.

So as miserable as this season has been, there are some glimmers of hope in the future.

Edited by killthenet

Meanwhile arsenal consistently do nothing for the national team over an impressive amount of time... Oh, except Jack Wilshere - THANKS!!!!

Don't get your knickers in a twist! Your lads let us down last night.