NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

but can he drive a kart?

Not until his late working life is sorted! :D

I'm sorry, but who wouldn't try and get as much money as possible out of this product? Crazy to say not. There has never been as much money or popularity throughout the world in football and particular English football as there is now. Sky are a massive part of that; and sort of negates your argument about making it cheaper will being bigger audiences and more sponsorship, your argument holds no business logic whatsoever.

Obviously the clubs and broadcasters, as private, for profit businesses would want to make as much money as possible, and I said I don't blame them. But governing bodies are generally not, and as such have to balance the concerns of all stakeholders in the game, including the fans. If they are not obliged to yeild profits for shareholder dividends then they're not necessarily obligated to sell TV rights for the maximum price, or to split them between pay-TV broadcasters. It's not necessarily about making football free, but about balance and compromise where making money isn't the sole objective, hence why I suggested not dividing rights between two pay-tv broadcasters.

My mistake was forget that the FA and Premier League are seperate, the Premier League being a corporation where the 20 clubs effectively act as shareholders, so it is essentially about making money. Even so there is still a point of diminishing returns, which we might be seeing now, where as people are priced out of TV they turn to streaming or stop watching altogether, from which the broadcasters and clubs (and to an extent advertisers) see nothing.

I think I prefer relegation football... Damn this is stressful!!!

Aaaand breath....

Couldnt watch the game tonight but what I've read sounds encouraging. Us staying up was never going to be about tonight. Hope Leicester can go on and win it from here. 7 more wins!

Massive game on sunday. I'm a bit nervous just thinking about it. Fucking hell we better win.

Couldnt watch the game tonight but what I've read sounds encouraging. Us staying up was never going to be about tonight. Hope Leicester can go on and win it from here. 7 more wins!

Massive game on sunday. I'm a bit nervous just thinking about it. Fucking hell we better win.

I only managed to catch the second half but the Toon looked a lot tighter. They also seemed to play with a bit more heart and passion, something that has been missing from the team for a long time.

I can't wait for the derby. As a neutral I get to enjoy it but it must be awful for either a Newcastle or Sunderland fan. It's such a massive game.

A mate I work with is a huge Sunderland fan and he said he's never been so nervous for the match. I was saying to him that those 6 victories in a row against Newcastle will mean nothing if Sunderland get beat off them on Sunday, due to how tight it is at the bottom. It could be a killing blow for either side.

Reckon Arsenal will win tonight and Ramar will come roaring back to the thread.

EDIT: 2mins after I posted, Neymar scored. Guess I'll just watch Bayern v Juve instead.

Edited by killthenet

Worst first half I've seen from us in years. :nono:

Think I'll just go to sleep. No way we'll score two (or more) goals against Juve's defence.

Worst first half I've seen from us in years. :nono:

Think I'll just go to sleep. No way we'll score two (or more) goals against Juve's defence.

Did you go to sleep? Extra time beckons.

Reckon Arsenal will win tonight and Ramar will come roaring back to the thread.

EDIT: 2mins after I posted, Neymar scored. Guess I'll just watch Bayern v Juve instead.

Haha. Sorry I've not been avoiding because I'm bitter. Just been mad busy.

Tonight I thought we did alright, except the defending like clowns and poor finishing. Really need to pick it up in the league or we might finish 4th or worse.

Did you go to sleep? Extra time beckons.

Thankfully I have not :D Didn't expect that after the first half.

Edit: Coman is such an incredible player. As soon as he was in the match the tides have turned.

And he's only 19...I hope we can keep him for a long time.

Edited by drahkon

Haha. Sorry I've not been avoiding because I'm bitter. Just been mad busy.

Tonight I thought we did alright, except the defending like clowns and poor finishing. Really need to pick it up in the league or we might finish 4th or worse.

Finishing has been a problem all season. I thought Sanchez was far better last night. Iwobi was the best I've seen him and I also though Elneny had a great game. Glad to see him get a goal.

Definitely prefer Welbeck to Giroud up front. Seems to fit with the rest of the team more.

Finishing has been a problem all season. I thought Sanchez was far better last night. Iwobi was the best I've seen him and I also though Elneny had a great game. Glad to see him get a goal.

Definitely prefer Welbeck to Giroud up front. Seems to fit with the rest of the team more.

I agree. When Cazorla comes back I'd like to see Coquelin drop to the bench for a game to see if him and Elneny can play in the middle together. Might be a bit more dynamic.

I honestly can't wait for Van Gaal to go. We played ok in the first half, but conceded a goal before half time and now need three to win the match and the tie. So, we obviously need goals. What does he do? He uses all three subs replacing the full backs and our defensive midfielder. He's useless at substitutions and his subs never actually improve the performance of the team. We're always worse after his subs. That's a terrible sign!

It's never a good sign when you look at the opposition team and manager and wish that you could swap all of or most of their squad for your own. We were outplayed by Liverpool over two ties and they were taking the piss a bit towards the end. We've gone backwards this season, big time. Van Gaal's sole job was to steady the ship and get us competiting again. We need to rebuild, again. In the vast majority of games this season, we've not been the better team.

it was all very easy over both legs. Coutinho though, beautiful goal.

Sakho was superb.

I thought Milner done very well despite being played out of position. Coutinho was outstanding most of the night. The run he done where he skinned a few players in a row was a beautiful thing to watch.

I can't wait for Super Sunday. Newcastle vs Sunderland and Man City vs Man Utd should make for some cracking viewing. Well up for it. :yay:

Man City are a different team defensively ( weaker ) without Kompany, so it will be interesting to see if Man U can take advantage of it.

Champions League quarter-final draw:

VfL Wolfsburg v Real Madrid

Bayern Munich v Benfica

Barcelona v Atletico Madrid

Paris Saint-Germain v Manchester City

Who do we think will go through to the semi's? Could be an upset in this round of games.

The only upset will be PSG vs Man City, but I'm not sure who the favourite is supposed to be in that one.

Real, Barca, Bayern and PSG will go through, predictable picks but they're predictable for a reason. City vs PSG is the closest tie but I have no faith in City, they're starting to lose the ruthless consistency they used to have.

Dortmund vs Liverpool is an interesting tie, Dortmund deserve to be favourites but there is the Klopp factor. This is the tie the media will have been waiting for.

Great stuff from Coutinho last night.

Ah those CL ties are shite. Clear favourites in all 4 of them, set up for the same trilogy of semi finalists + special guest appearance that we always have. Was fucking gutted when Juve when out the other night the way they did.

Can't see City getting past PSG in their current form. I'm a bit sick of the Champions League at the moment. The English teams and everyone else are just so far from Barca/Bayern/Real it gets a bit tiring. There's this second tier featuring the likes of PSG/Juve/Atletico and the english teams even seem some way from that.

Of course I'll enjoy it next year when Leicester smash Bayern 3-0 at the Allianz but in the meantime it's a bit dull no?

Of course I'll enjoy it next year when Leicester smash Bayern 3-0 at the Allianz but in the meantime it's a bit dull no?

Is that on our way to trounce Barcelona in the final?:yay:

it was all very easy over both legs. Coutinho though, beautiful goal.

Sakho was superb.

That was the best I've ever seen Sakho play. We could have driven a fucking bus and it wouldn't have got past him.

Overall, I think Liverpool are in a much better position for the future than we are. As soon as Klopp gets a proper transfer window where he can bring in the players he wants (he's had time to assess the squad now), we'll see a new Liverpool that is created in his own image. Really wish we had Klopp as our manager!

Rumours we're going big for van gaal, but he wants to come after the wc.

But I'm just waiting for the summer now. Though if Van Gaal is our new manager which looks likely (presuming Man stick with Moyes - please!!!!) then we'll have to wait til AFTER the world cup, which is worrying... want to get started as soon as this disastrous season is over!

my big concern is still motes getting sacked and Man u stealing Van Gaal!! Please stick with him and show faith!!

Van Gaal it sounds like. Guess it depends on what Man U do with moyes though.

I'm really disliking pochetino with each passing game...

@dazzybee

I'm bet you're glad how things turned out, just imagine how shit you'd be if you got van Gaal! :heh:

@dazzybee

I'm bet you're glad how things turned out, just imagine how shit you'd be if you got van Gaal! :heh:

Haha. Oh yes. Van gaal is unbelievably awful and pochetino has improved dramatically since last year. Though in hindsight you saw what he was doing, refusing to play players who weren't willing to play in his style, but that meant he played awful played like bentaleb and mason and didn't play dembele. But he seems to be learning. Get rid of bentaleb mason and Carroll in the summer and by some good midfielders and we'll be much stronger. Oh, and two strikers...

Another exciting day in the Premier League, Leicester go 8pts clear, Arsenal just about stay in the race and Norwich earn an incredibly valuable win. If Sunderland win the Tyne & Wear derby tomorrow then Newcastle would be 4 points from safety, could be cut adrift.

Leicester winning the tough games, consistent 1 - 0 wins, positive attitude from all the players, star players stepping up- all the signs of a title winning side.