NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

Poor performance in the final 3rd from Arsenal. Everyone knew that Barca would score at least 1. Arsenal had the chances but didn't take them. Ox should've scored in the first half. He also should've been able to set up a very good opportunity for Giroud but took too big a touch.

Giroud should've just smacked it at goal rather than trying to lay it off for Walcott who wasn't even there. Giroud's header was also very close.

There really wasn't much to choose between the teams until Barca scored, like Charlie said Arsenal just didn't take their chances. I thought there were some great performances from Cech and Mertesacker but the first time Arsenal left a gap in their backline, Messi took advantage. Such fine margins.

I think they'll do well too, they always seem to get something against Barca. The atmosphere seems incredible at the Emirates tonight, is Ramar there?

Yeah I was there.

We played alright for 70 minutes, then we thought we might actually nick it and buggered it up. At that point in the tie, you either go for it or you defend. We should have defended but the players were in two minds and we made two mistakes.

It's a shame, when you try to play that way you have to make it count otherwise it just looks like we changed our style so we didn't get pumped. When it reality, for once, Arsene got his tactics spot on.

Yeah I was there.

We played alright for 70 minutes, then we thought we might actually nick it and buggered it up. At that point in the tie, you either go for it or you defend. We should have defended but the players were in two minds and we made two mistakes.

It's a shame, when you try to play that way you have to make it count otherwise it just looks like we changed our style so we didn't get pumped. When it reality, for once, Arsene got his tactics spot on.

The tactics worked well. The first goal was conceded because too many players went forward which was seemingly completely against the game plan.

The second was just a defensive error from Per.

It's a sad, sad day, but Tokyo Sexwale has dropped out of the FIFA presidential race. But he did announce, at the age of 62, that he had had another child, so there is at least one more little Sexwale running around.

In other news, Man U vs Liverpool in the Europa League. Exciting.

Oh my word. Arsenal would lose at Old Trafford even if Man U fielded a team of three-legged llamas.

That was the most satisfying/enjoyable game that we've played in this season. It had everything. Rashford getting two goals, Memphis being class again, the youngsters doing a top job, the team attacking with pace and being feisty in midfield and LVG taking the piss and working the crowd.

Fuck sake, why haven't we done more of that this season?! Delighted with the team today. :)

All the results went our way this weekend, thank god.

Arsenal are awful. How are they fucking this up? What's happened to Sanchez? Ramsey?

Actually felt quite happy for Man Utd. They should just ignore the transfer windows and play youth every gane for ever from now on.

A said a few weeks ago it would be amazing if Arsenal got battered by barca over two legs, they lost to Man U, Spurs beat them and then they Got knocked out by hull... But by but we're getting there.

Also love that Spurs still just going about things, everyone focused on Leicester... Spurs would be top if they didn't get their late winner :) Thhink they could struggle against west brim, unfortunately I also think we won't beat west ham.... Still. Genuinely believe this is Spurs' title!

A said a few weeks ago it would be amazing if Arsenal got battered by barca over two legs, they lost to Man U, Spurs beat them and then they Got knocked out by hull... But by but we're getting there.

Also love that Spurs still just going about things, everyone focused on Leicester... Spurs would be top if they didn't get their late winner :) Thhink they could struggle against west brim, unfortunately I also think we won't beat west ham.... Still. Genuinely believe this is Spurs' title!

Oh come on Spurs have been well and truly noticed. Everyone is focused on Leicester and then Spurs. The discussion has been about a 4 way title race for weeks now.

Would be glad enough to see them do it mind.

Fair play to City. Congrats to them. At least we fought back and took them to pens.

And on the bright side us Liverpool fans got to have a laugh at Sterling's miss. We all knew his finishing was crap so I wasn't surprised, I love the fact we got nearly £50mil for him, he's really not that good.

Spurs and Arsenal... It's over to you!

Don't mess it up! No pressure!

I did think you'd struggle tonight like I said above. I don't think we'll win tomorrow, but looking at all the other games I think that's definitely pushed things in Spurs' favour.

I did think you'd struggle tonight like I said above. I don't think we'll win tomorrow, but looking at all the other games I think that's definitely pushed things in Spurs' favour.

No you didn't. You said they'd struggle against West Brim.

Spurs and Arsenal... It's over to you!

Don't mess it up! No pressure!

While I would like to see you guys win the title ( as well as Spurs or Arsenal ), i'm happy you dropped a couple of points. It keeps things interesting for us neutrals. :D

Wheels will come off for Leicester now, they've been superb but i predict the magic has ran out.

Wheels will come off for Leicester now, they've been superb but i predict the magic has ran out.

They've been saying that since September!

Come on, Leicester were impressive last night and on another night would have taken all 3 points, they created plenty of opportunities and good ones too, hit the crossbar twice.

Interesting results at half time. Arsenal drawing, Spurs losing, @Phube loving it all. :)

Happy we've scored 2 past City. Hopefully we can end this match with 3 points.

EDIT: What a crazy night! Leicester ended up actually gaining a point on everyone! This season, man.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I hate football right now.

Fucking Arsenal. Why have we gone so shit?

We've had some shit luck, but most of all, just been shit.

Why Wenger took Campbell off, I don't know.

Ugh.

Noone wants to win it ey?

Thought we'd trip up today. Still, three off top... Saturday's the big one!

Well happy with the lads tonight. They brushed off the cup defeat and went and got the job done. We've delivered a big blow not only to City's title hopes but their Champions League spot as well. Revenge is sweet. :D

A mate of mine joked about how hilarious it would be if City didn't get Champions League football next season, with Guardiola coming into the club. Would love it if we somehow nicked it off them.

We played shite, but got three points. Maybe this is the United way!