NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

VOTE: Leicester. [/b]

I think looking as Leicester's remaining games you can't look past them. They've got the far easiest run in. The NLD at the start of March will probably decide who finishes ahead between Arsenal and Spurs.

I don't want to descredit your performance too much but you got what you deserved. Very soft penalty, would even say Vardy dived. Mahrez then has a tumble second half. Simpon's red, very harsh but he made several fouls before picking up the first card. Foul on Ozil before then penalty completely ignored. Constant time wasting. And this horror show from Drinkwater going completely un-noticed and unpunished.

CbL6Cb7XEAAZ-JM.jpg

Apart from that I thought you guys defended well and made a good go of it. All to play for.

I think if there's one thing everyone can agree on is that the ref was awful yesterday. I can't really fault him for the penalty as that was impossible to say even after watching multiple replays but there were so many other things going unpunished. The red was quite harsh although quite fair. They were both yellow card challenges but normally the ref shows some leniency directly after a first yellow.

I think Leicester's "easy" next two home games Norwich and West Brom will determine whether or not they can do it. Can they win these games when the pressure is on, and when they can't play their counter attacking system? They couldn't beat 10 man Bournemouth at home. Let's see how they play with teams not letting them do what they've been doing.

Edited by dazzybee

I think Leicester's "easy" next two home games Norwich and West Ham will determine whether or not they can do it. Can they win these games when the pressure is on, and when they can't play their counter attacking system? They couldn't beat 10 man Bournemouth at home. Let's see how they play with teams not letting them do what they've been doing.

A lot of their so called easy games are teams that will be scrapping for survival. It could get interesting.

Interesting stat for the top four:

Points collected against the teams to play again on the run-in:

Leicester - 32 points

Spurs - 18

Arsenal - 29

Man C - 23

I think Leicester's "easy" next two home games Norwich and West Ham will determine whether or not they can do it. Can they win these games when the pressure is on, and when they can't play their counter attacking system? They couldn't beat 10 man Bournemouth at home. Let's see how they play with teams not letting them do what they've been doing.

I agree with dazzy completely. The so-called easy games will do them in, the pressure will really build and they'll finish 4th.

My final prediction

1st - City/Gooners (can't decide :p)

3rd - Spuds

4th - Leicester

This title race is fascinating. I'd be quite happy for any of the top 3 to win, nothing against City but it would be nice for someone different.

After the weekend, as is often the case, the only thing a Newcastle fan can say with any positivity:

At least we're not Villa

I mean who loses 6-0 to Liverpool at home..

I think @Eenuh will be gutted when the new manager eventually comes in at United. I've become so good at multi-tasking this season, it's unreal. We're currently drawing 1-1 with FC Midtjylland (I had to copy and paste that) and I can't say that the football has shown any improvement since the last game.

Also, Spanish Dave got himself injured during the warm-up...the one player we don't want injured. I shit myself when I think about where we'd be without him.

I think @Eenuh will be gutted when the new manager eventually comes in at United. I've become so good at multi-tasking this season, it's unreal. We're currently drawing 1-1 with FC Midtjylland (I had to copy and paste that) and I can't say that the football has shown any improvement since the last game.

Also, Spanish Dave got himself injured during the warm-up...the one player we don't want injured. I shit myself when I think about where we'd be without him.

Romero has kept us in it to be fair - two great saves from free headers!

Romero has kept us in it to be fair - two great saves from free headers!

We're losing now. :heh:

Napoli beat these guys 9-1 over two games. Just worth thinking about. We're a real mid-lower table team based on how we play the game. I don't know how we're still fifth in the league.

Now I don't wish injury upon anyone but if De Gea was to miss the match on the 28th I won't be complaining.

Now I don't wish injury upon anyone but if De Gea was to miss the match on the 28th I won't be complaining.

The only thing in our favour is that we're the home team...

We could be on the end of a battering. Not looking forward to the game at all!

The only thing in our favour is that we're the home team...

We could be on the end of a battering. Not looking forward to the game at all!

We've not played convincingly for a long time. And we always struggle at Old Trafford. If we win it'll be close.

We've not played convincingly for a long time. And we always struggle at Old Trafford. If we win it'll be close.

The more, gruelling games for Arsenal; the better! :)

8-2, please!

Noooooo. That would be a nightmare scenario!

I will admit that the Hull result yesterday has given me some confidence that we won't get destroyed now. We need Chris "Mike" Smalling to have a great game and whoever is around him to not fuck up.

Wonderful player. Think West Ham may have a fight on their hands to keep him in the summer. I quite enjoy watching West Ham and I'm glad to see them doing well in the league. I could see them finishing above us.

Well you've just drawn them in the FA cup (if you get past the mighty Shrewsbury)...

Another FA cup weekend.

Newcastle haven't progressed past the 4th round since 2006.

Why are we so shit. :'(

I don't think i've ever seen an FA cup match in which an upset is so.....expected.

It's a League One side! Man U should be brushing them aside and yet the everyone i've seen is either expecting an upset or worried about one.

I don't think i've ever seen an FA cup match in which an upset is so.....expected.

It's a League One side! Man U should be brushing them aside and yet the everyone i've seen is either expecting an upset or worried about one.

Losing has lost all effect now. My mates in work tried making a joke about the Europa league game the other night and just realised halfway through that, hmmm, technically it's just ANOTHER match we've lost. It's lost all impact now.

Classic conversation with @Eenuh just a second ago. "Who? Shrewsbury Town? I don't even know where that is..."

I expect us to lose every game now. Not joking. We do very little to win games and we never look convincing.

I think Arsenal will do better than people think. They'll still get beat 1-0 thanks to the man Luis Suárez. :)

I think they'll do well too, they always seem to get something against Barca. The atmosphere seems incredible at the Emirates tonight, is Ramar there?