NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

We're 'celebrating' Valentines Day on Saturday night so I'm being allowed to watch the Arsenal game! :)

I've got to visit my Grandma-in-law instead of watching the game! :(

I get blackmailed as she's 94! Damn morals!

We're 'celebrating' Valentines Day on Saturday night so I'm being allowed to watch the Arsenal game! :)

Luckily my other half has plans or Sky moving the game would have landed me in a spot of bother.

Adam Johnson has been rightly sacked by Sunderland and dropped by Adidas after pleading guilty. I'm amazed that Sunderland allowed Johnson to play for the last 10 months, it was an appalling decision by them and they have been made to look like fools now that Johnson has admitted guilt.

Adam Johnson has been rightly sacked by Sunderland and dropped by Adidas after pleading guilty. I'm amazed that Sunderland allowed Johnson to play for the last 10 months, it was an appalling decision by them and they have been made to look like fools now that Johnson has admitted guilt.

Well he was innocent until proven guilty (or admitting guilt), so there was no reason to stop playing him until then.

Could he not have admitted his guilt before scoring against Liverpool last weekend..? :nono:

Cant fault Sunderland, he said he was innocent to begin with and they stuck by him on the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

As Bob said.

LVG's subs and tactics are crap. Martial scored a goal and generally played well on the left hand side of the pitch. So, he rewards him by switching him to the other side in the second half, where he maybe touched the ball three times.

Crap performance, crap tactics and a crap result. Sunderland outplayed us and were, by far, the better team. All LVG had to do was come in and keep the club stable, we didn't have to "change the philosophy" or completely destroy the way we play football, which will no doubt get changed again when the new manager comes in. He had the right idea for most of last season but now he's set us back even further thanks to this year.

Probably won't go down very well here, but I don't understand why adults partake in Valentines day.... The only thing I can think of is it just being an excuse to go out, which is fair enough, but then why not go the week before/after when everywhere isn't booked up?

Anyway, I can't wait for the matches tomorrow! Going to be very interesting seeing how it all pans out!

Probably won't go down very well here, but I don't understand why adults partake in Valentines day.... The only thing I can think of is it just being an excuse to go out, which is fair enough, but then why not go the week before/after when everywhere isn't booked up?

Anyway, I can't wait for the matches tomorrow! Going to be very interesting seeing how it all pans out!

My solution is to behave like a stud all year round.

Inb4 @Eenuh.

Christ this a is stressful watch. Gooners only got themselves to blame if they don't make something of this now

Edit: Ah, fuck. How big is that red going to be in the title race?

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Absolutely crazy, gap down to 2pts now. Shame that the game changed on some pretty foolish decisions, would have been nice to see 11 vs 11 for 90mins.

Gutted for Leicester, but they only have themselves to blame for the second half performance. Too many rash tackles, players not using their heads when they needed to and giving away stupid free-kicks...like the one at the end. Also, it was frustrating to see Schmeichal lumping the ball forward from the goal-kicks when they only had Vardy up there...just giving the ball back to Arsenal each time.

However, taking six points from Liverpool at home, Arsenal and City away is a great achievement and I think they're still on to win the title. They're going to be playing Champions League football next season, so anything more than that is just a bonus...a hell of a bonus, too!

Their fixtures:

Norwich (home)

West Brom (home)

Watford (away)

Newcastle (home)

Crystal Palace (away)

Southampton (home)

Sunderland (away)

West Ham (home)

Swansea (home)

Man Utd (away)

Everton (home)

Chelsea (away)

If they win all of their home games, that's 21 points. Realistically, you're looking at about 80+ points needed to win the title. So, with Leicester on 53 points...you'd say that they need at least 27 points to do it. 9 wins. They've only lost once at home in the league all season, so winning their remaining home games against the opposition listed above isn't beyond the realms of possibility. They've only lost three all season anyway...so...let's say 2 (away, most probably) in their final 12 games. That's 10 wins which equals 30 points which will bring them on to 83.

I reckon they'll do it. The last three games in particular are tough and playing Watford away and West Ham at home will also be tough. But, I could see them doing it. Judging on their results this season and who they've lost against, (Arsenal twice and Liverpool away) you've got say that it's within reaching distance for Leicester.

VOTE: Leicester.

You know you're in trouble when a used car salesman scores against you.

May as well let Benteke score a couple too.

One of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen, we've made Liverpool look like Real Madrid.

Just gutted, I was expecting a loss (or maybe a draw, as we haven't beaten Aresenal in an age!) but it's the manner of it! Soul destroying after such a stoic defence in the last 20 mins... :(

Just gutted, I was expecting a loss (or maybe a draw, as we haven't beaten Aresenal in an age!) but it's the manner of it! Soul destroying after such a stoic defence in the last 20 mins... :(

I don't want to descredit your performance too much but you got what you deserved. Very soft penalty, would even say Vardy dived. Mahrez then has a tumble second half. Simpon's red, very harsh but he made several fouls before picking up the first card. Foul on Ozil before then penalty completely ignored. Constant time wasting. And this horror show from Drinkwater going completely un-noticed and unpunished.

CbL6Cb7XEAAZ-JM.jpg

Apart from that I thought you guys defended well and made a good go of it. All to play for.

I don't want to descredit your performance too much but you got what you deserved. Very soft penalty, would even say Vardy dived. Mahrez then has a tumble second half. Simpon's red, very harsh but he made several fouls before picking up the first card. Foul on Ozil before then penalty completely ignored. Constant time wasting. And this horror show from Drinkwater going completely un-noticed and unpunished.

CbL6Cb7XEAAZ-JM.jpg

Apart from that I thought you guys defended well and made a good go of it. All to play for.

From a neutral perspective, I have to agree with all of this.

My heart wanted Leicester to win and I rooted for them. But, if one team had to win it, it would have to be Arsenal. A draw would have been a good result for Leicester, but Arsenal were well on top after the sending off.

Aaaahhhhhhh. Taking me a long time to calm down from that. Great day of football watching.

Deserved win, and we weren't even playing that well. Lucky with the penalty but.. fuck it. Two points off the top. All eyes on 5th march - biggest NLD in a long time.

Amazed at what Poch has us transformed into. The character of the team compared with a couple seasons back seems completely different. Going from our average +4 goal difference to having the best in the league is mad too.

Couple more thoughts on the Leicester game - surprised Mahrez was the first sub. Felt his runs could have provided an outlet to offset the constant arsenal pressure, even if he offers less defensively. Thought they showed a bit of inexperience in general toward the end, stupid foul at the death, and a couple minutes before Drinkwater knocked in a (poor) cross when he could have bought some vital seconds playing in the corner, maybe won a throw in or a corner, like Lamela in the later match. And, obviously, Leicester's style is about the worst fit you can imagine for going a man down under pressure.. mostly just a shame we didn't get to see a proper 11v11 contest the whole way though.

Anyway... what a season. 10 points off 5th is crazy enough in itself for us. United better sign Mourinho up soon else I'ma be stressing about poaching the Poch...

So...had we won yesterday, we would have only been three points off City for fourth. Wat.

How bizarre would it be if somebody like Southampton or West Ham poached fourth position off City?

Another great match, very exciting. It looked like City were going to get the winner and then BAM, Spurs get it. I don't agree with the penalty decision, but it's City...so I don't give a fuck really. :D

Amazing result. Come on Man U next league game, we could go 3 points above Arsenal. I think we're going to do it now.

Amazing result. Come on Man U next league game, we could go 3 points above Arsenal. I think we're going to do it now.

I wouldn't hold out much hope on us beating anyone at the minute. :D

We made Sunderland look like Real Madrid yesterday. Think Arsenal will tear us apart, especially if they put away their chances.

This gif made me lol!

Rolling, rolling, rolling!

It's even more amusing when you play the sound effect below from the start of the gif.

;)

giphy.gif

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You're welcome!

: peace: