NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

I think every football fan in the country apart from City, Arsenal and Spurs supporters are going to be willing Leicester towards the title.

As a Villa fan I honestly feel like I'd be more disappointed if Leicester don't win the title than I will be if we go down. Obviously that's not something I'd have said at the start of the season, but relegation seems such a forgone conclusion now after Swansea won today. I don't think it's going to take many points to stay up this season, probably 36 will do it, but that means Villa will have to win 8 of our last 15 matches to even stand a chance and, as you said Ramar, we have to rely on 3 other teams being worse than us. That's pretty much the only reason we've stayed up over the last few years because we haven't been bad enough comparatively, things seem to have definitely caught up with us this season though.

Us staying up now would be more of a miracle than Leicester's escape last season.

I'm hoping Rooney breaks his metatarsal again before the Euros, England might stand a chance of being exciting without him in the side.

I bloody hate Diego Costa, but that was silly from Mertesacker.

Has anyone else lost to Chelsea twice this season? It'd be typical if we were the only ones.

As much as it'd be an embarrassment to us all, I hope Leicester do win it if Arsenal throw it away.

Really hope we can get back into some decent form, Southampton next week, need a better performance than Boxing Day. We need Coquelin back ASAP.

Crazy thought, but with 15 games left it's in our hands! It's ours to lose... :blank:

https://vine.co/v/iiqUWzrzHT0

Mertesacker not even looking when he makes the tackle. It's a complete and utter fuck up.

Yeah, that's pretty awful. Shouldn't be looking at the linesman in a situation like that. A pretty amateurish thing to do for a player with his experience.

I'm hoping Rooney breaks his metatarsal again before the Euros, England might stand a chance of being exciting without him in the side.

Rooney isn't good enough to get into the team, but wishing him to break his metatarsal is a bit lame.

Rooney isn't good enough to get into the team, but wishing him to break his metatarsal is a bit lame.

Didn't really mean any malice by it, it's just that Hodgson is so blinkered when it comes to Rooney that the only way I can see England playing without him is if he's injured. There are so many exciting English players around at the moment that it would be a shame if their chance to play at the Euro's was maligned just because Hodgson feels entitled to play the captain.

I hope I'm proved wrong though and we get to see Vardy and Kane have a go.

The new Andros Townsend. Remember when that lad won England the World Cup?!

Text book joke comment. Townsend was always rubbish! Played well in a couple of England games thats it. All has achieved more in half a season than townsend as in any season.

Also, he's scored the same in half a season as Wilshere has in his entire Arsenal career...

I know you're probably on a wind up, but you must be blind not to see this kid is going to be world class!

Fuck it. I'm all in. If United can't do it, then I'd love Leicester to do it. 15 games remaining...

I will take either Leicester, Arsenal or Spurs winning the league. It will be a nice change to see someone other than City/Utd/Chelsea coming out on top.

I'd love Leicester to win it! More than Kevin Keegan would've loved it!

Text book joke comment. Townsend was always rubbish! Played well in a couple of England games thats it. All has achieved more in half a season than townsend as in any season.

Also, he's scored the same in half a season as Wilshere has in his entire Arsenal career...

I know you're probably on a wind up, but you must be blind not to see this kid is going to be world class!

I was on the wind up. And yes it was a very well taken goal and he's playing well for his first year in the league. But lets not get carried away with him becoming World Class. The country has an obsession with putting labels and the pressure that comes with them on young kids. Give him 5 years, lets see where he is and what he's done then.

Didn't really mean any malice by it, it's just that Hodgson is so blinkered when it comes to Rooney that the only way I can see England playing without him is if he's injured. There are so many exciting English players around at the moment that it would be a shame if their chance to play at the Euro's was maligned just because Hodgson feels entitled to play the captain.

I hope I'm proved wrong though and we get to see Vardy and Kane have a go.

I bet Vardy does play, but it'll be out on the wing or something. Rooney will get chosen because he's an "experienced player" despite being in really poor form.

I will take either Leicester, Arsenal or Spurs winning the league. It will be a nice change to see someone other than City/Utd/Chelsea coming out on top.

Nah, it's Leicester or nothing for me. :heh:

Can't see Spurs winning it. It'll be between Leicester, Arsenal and City. City have what it takes to get over the line, so I'd still be tempted to go with them. But, Arsenal are playing great football and Leicester are playing out of their skin. I'd love it if Leicester won it...although my brain says that they'll slip away at some point and leave Arsenal and City to slug it out.

The next three games will tell us how serious Leicester's chances are. 4+ points from that and...who knows.

I was on the wind up. And yes it was a very well taken goal and he's playing well for his first year in the league. But lets not get carried away with him becoming World Class. The country has an obsession with putting labels and the pressure that comes with them on young kids. Give him 5 years, lets see where he is and what he's done then.

I'm not saying he is, in fact, although he can pop up with goals, I'd almost be tempted to drop him, he played pretty averagely against palace... But I think he's certainly looking more than a young hopeful like a lot of players we hype.

We'll see. but for 5m it looks an insane deal for us!

As for the title, however much I'd like to see it, I still can't see Leicester being close at the end of the season. In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if they never even made the champions league.

I think City will do it, by default. Obviously Spurs would be a dream, we have a big chance, we have an excellent team, decent depth, but a few worrying omissions, namely a striker for if Kane gets injured. I also think, though we have a lot of midfielders (Mason, carroll, Bentaleb etc) I do think beyond Dier and Dembele (who are one of if not the best partnerships in the league at the minute) we drop in quality quite a bit without them.

A striker and a DM this week and I think we can win the league. If not, then we're relying on no injuries and a lack of tiredness for the next 5 months

Interesting graphic to put Leicester's end of season run into perspective!

leicester-man-city-arsenal-spurs_3404880.jpg?20160125131330

Interesting graphic to put Leicester's end of season run into perspective!

leicester-man-city-arsenal-spurs_3404880.jpg?20160125131330

However two of those squads have experience of playing lots of games and being in the hunt for honours. Not to discredit Leicester because you guys are living the dream and sticking it to the big boys narrative. I think your test will be your next three games, just like our last three has put us in our place.

However two of those squads have experience of playing lots of games and being in the hunt for honours. Not to discredit Leicester because you guys are living the dream and sticking it to the big boys narrative. I think your test will be your next three games, just like our last three has put us in our place.

But our squad has been together for a 46 game 100+ point championship winning season and last season's do or die greatest escape... So we are used to high pressure end of seasons I hope!

Although our next 3 games are a stern test, if we come out with only one draw we have equalled our first half season results (in fact we're currently at +2). Which is doable.

Like dazzy I still think City will win, sort of by default. Going by expectations from the season's start...

If Arsenal win it will be nice and a pleasant surprise.

If Spurs win it will be nice and a huge, huge surprise.

If Leciester win it will be the single biggest upset in the history of football ever, it's absolutely fucking mental we can even seriously discuss it. I'd love it...

Well, we were very lucky last night. I honestly didn't think we deserved to go through. Our first half performance was absolutely shocking, and while we played a little better in the second half, it wasn't until extra time where we really started to play.

I actually didn't watch the pens. I knocked the match off just before the end of extra time. Watching pens makes me very anxious and gets my heart racing. It's not something you want or need when you are off to bed and have to be up early in the morning. :D

If we play the way we did last night against either City or Everton, then we are going to get butchered.

I agree we squeaked through, but I wasn't overly impressed by Stoke either, I didn't think they were miles better than us tonight or deserved to go through more than us overall. Their goal was offside, it was close so you have to accept officials can miss it, but still offside, so that was lucky for them. We weren't convincing but we do have a lot of our best players out. Fair play to Stoke for making the semis so close though.

I actually welcomed the pens, it's allways a nervous situation but it felt like the only way we were going to score, and I backed Mignolet to save one or two. He get's a lot of stick, often deserved, but to be fair he deserves some credit from Liverpool fans for effectively putting us in the final.

That image says that Arsenal could in theory play 7 more games in the Champions League (Last 16, QF, SF and F). I think we all know that will be two more games in the CL. :P

That image says that Arsenal could in theory play 7 more games in the Champions League (Last 16, QF, SF and F). I think we all know that will be two more games in the CL. :P

We could pray for a miracle.

Looks like De Bruyne could be out for a couple of months now after being stretchered off tonight. He completely changed the game for City when he came on too, shame really as I wanted Everton to get to the final. This could open things up a little in the title race, De Bruyne has been part of a lot of City's goals so if Aguero gets injured again they might really struggle to hit the back of the net.

Is it me or did De Bruyne fling himself to the floor to get a free kick and in doing so fucked his leg up?!?!?! No one's mentioned it anywhere and it seems that's exitly what he did.

Big blow for city, they're squad is pretty weak which is ridiculous considering how much they've spent; without Kompany they're much weaker, De bruyne will hurt. Lose Aguero too and they'll have no chance of the title.

I don't know what to say. We actually had 3-4 really good chances and managed not to shoot once on target in these situations. I don't know what's wrong with the players and no, it's not the system or tactics this time.

A win. We were the better side, but are attack is so wastefull. Martial and Lingard a lot better in the second half.

We probably should have had a penalty in the first half, but also scored two goals after offsides during the attacks.

All in all, a good game for us, but we need our striking force to start playing better.

A win. We were the better side, but are attack is so wastefull. Martial and Lingard a lot better in the second half.

We probably should have had a penalty in the first half, but also scored two goals after offsides during the attacks.

All in all, a good game for us, but we need our striking force to start playing better.

We were much better in the second half. I quite enjoyed some of it, although I struggled to stay awake during the game as I'd been playing football after work. Was very tired.

However, the match does highlight one thing: we're fucked without Martial. He's one of the only players we have that wants to run past players and take them on.