NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

I hadn't got very high hopes for Villa over the Xmas period so I wasn't surprised to find us only getting a point from our 2 games. It's so frustrating, because when you watch us play you can tell that there is no lack of desire or effort, there is just a real lack of confidence and ability. I hope that we do all we can to sign Charlie Austin in January, if we can find some goals then we might stand a chance.

Villa may be lacking in the striking department, but their real problem is that shambolic defence, that is what Villa need to try and address first.

Two 1-0 defeats and we're back in the shit again.

We're screwed. Trying to mentally prepare for life in the championship.

Two 1-0 defeats and we're back in the shit again.

We're screwed. Trying to mentally prepare for life in the championship.

Aye. This rollercoaster is intolerable sometimes. Would we be in the same position now if Krul were between the sticks? Hard to say. But what is obvious is that until a week or two ago, the boys were not giving it their all.

Benteke has just scored for Liverpool.

Think he'll do quite well there. Had a chat with @Eenuh's family (Belgium, so they know quite a bit about Benteke) and they don't rate him all that much. Like Lukaku, I think he does better in the league than he does internationally.

That was tighter than it should have been. Ibe skied a glorious chance and Benteke once again proved he can't score when 1-on-1. :D Still, it's 3 points on the score board, as we head into the new year.

That was tighter than it should have been. Ibe skied a glorious chance and Benteke once again proved he can't score when 1-on-1. :D Still, it's 3 points on the score board, as we head into the new year.

Liverpool now have the same points as United. I think you're more likely to finish above us than we are to finish above you.

I want to pinch Coutinho off you, De Bruyne from City, Ozil from Arsenal and Lukaku from Everton whilst nobody is looking and pass them off as United players. They're all better than what we currently have. :D

I predicted West Ham 2-0 Liverpool before the match kicked off this afternoon so I'm not the slightest bit surprised by how things went at Upton Park today. Liverpool are toothless, at the moment :hmm:

I looked at the United team list and, Phil Jones and Wayne Rooney aside, it looks decent. Watching them, I was confident we'd score after the first 15 minutes. But, we seem to run out of ideas too quickly and then resort to just keeping the ball and "being patient".

I've been wondering all season what the actual merit is of having Ryan Giggs as a number two. If LVG does go at some point this season, I'd be keen for somebody else to come in to replace Giggs, too. We need somebody who actually has an experience of being an assistant manager. Going from a player to temporary manager to assistant manager at Manchester United is just...too much, imo. We need players playing in the right positions and we need people in the right positions behind the scenes, too.

Edit: We won! Against a managerless and relegation-fighting Swansea, but fuck, needed three points. Aside from Martial and Young, we didn't look that convincing. Far too open on the counter and their keeper almost scored (not exaggerating, I thought he had) from a corner with seconds remaining. Still, something to build on.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Sorry Geordies, not sure we deserved that win. You created more clear cut chances than we did, you just need someone to stick them away.

We could have played for another 90 mins against 9 men, and still not scored! :(

Sorry Geordies, not sure we deserved that win. You created more clear cut chances than we did, you just need someone to stick them away.

Yeah we may need another striker after all. Its a shame Charlie Austin keeled over and died in the summer because he would have been ideal but never mind.

Starting to think mitro may be a dud. Or not developed enough for a relegation scrap at least.

By the way is Oxlade always that shit these days? He was great last time i saw him play...

He's been shit for about two years. It's just every now and then he comes up with some skill or trick and everyone thinks he's amazing. Really needs to focus on end product.

Yeah we may need another striker after all. Its a shame Charlie Austin keeled over and died in the summer because he would have been ideal but never mind.

Starting to think mitro may be a dud. Or not developed enough for a relegation scrap at least.

By the way is Oxlade always that shit these days? He was great last time i saw him play...

Still scored 10 so far this season, I'd still say he'd be worth a punt at a decent price.

Couldn't agree more. But I think whatsisface is getting the team on the right track defensively at least.

Not looking forward to the match tonight. I wonder if we actually show up or whether we will just roll over.

EDIT: Great. We looked awesome in the first 15 mins but then Coutinho goes off injured. 15 mins later and Lovern goes off injured. Not scoring in those opening 15 minutes I feel is gonna cost us...

EDIT 2: Ibe scores! We needed/deserved that.

EDIT 3: SO proud of the lads tonight. We had to make two changes early on, Lucas having to play centre back, Kolo playing with an injury but we managed to get a win. Well played, lads. Well played. :bowdown:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Yeah was great to watch, the intensity in the first 20 minutes was brilliant to watch much better than the game against West Ham, shame about all the injuries though. FA Cup this weekend so hopefully give some of the younger players a chance.

Couldn't agree more. But I think whatsisface is getting the team on the right track defensively at least.

It's gotten better recently butttt...we need a left back. Still can't believe we let Santon go :'(

Not looking forward to the match tonight. I wonder if we actually show up or whether we will just roll over.

EDIT: Great. We looked awesome in the first 15 mins but then Coutinho goes off injured. 15 mins later and Lovern goes off injured. Not scoring in those opening 15 minutes I feel is gonna cost us...

EDIT 2: Ibe scores! We needed/deserved that.

EDIT 3: SO proud of the lads tonight. We had to make two changes early on, Lucas having to play centre back, Kolo playing with an injury but we managed to get a win. Well played, lads. Well played. :bowdown:

Fingers crossed they'll be out until after the Arsenal match.

I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone or any team but this is great timing.

You have a better chance of scoring if Lovren is playing. :D

I'm going to buy you a Liverpool top with Lovren on the back. :yay:

Good showing by Everton tonight. They were easily the better team and really should have had a couple of more goals. The passing they were doing when they dropped to 10 men was great to watch. I still expect City to win the tie though.

Let's hope so. That tie couldn't have gone better for us. Liverpool losing players before we play them. Stoke needing to win a few days after we've played them. So maybe they'll have one eye on that.

Add in City struggling tonight means they'll need to put in a shift in the second leg. Hopefully detracting from league form (wishful thinking).

We really need a good month Liverpool (A), Stoke (A), Chelsea (A). We come out of that with 6 points I'll be happy. I could settle with 5.

I was actually thinking that haha.

Although i'm expecting the original United get battered i'm looking forward to the away day at Old Trafford tomorrow :D