NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

When it comes to money, we didn't just buy 10 players, we have sold more, so when you spend 200m on 6-7 players, but they all get injured, it doesn't matter how much they have cost us, they are not avaiable.

LVG is a part of the problem, especially as he didn't leave some of the more experience players who were ready to come of the bench, but it's not only him.

Last season for more then half of the season we had only 2, max 3 new players avaiable, so we actually had a weaker team as we had to play old players and reserve players. Also, we didn't just buy players to strenghten, we had to get players beacause other players have left (three defenders) so we had to buy someone just to have numbers.

Depay, Martial and Shaw did cost us for now 85m pounds, but one is injured and two are kids who are not ready yet and will be ready (I hope) in a year or two..... It's the aproach LVG took as he couldn't get better players (either already WC or potentialy WC) and it will cost us a lot of points but I can accept that.

Btw. we actually had 11 players injured, but I don't count Rooney :D, while I didn't know Young is injured.

Other teams have huge injury problems too and they are still managing to cope. The fact of the matter is that LVG has spent a huge amount of money and is doing no better than Moyes who spent very little money.

Champions League draw - Arsenal vs Barca, surprise surprise.

Ooof. Tough CL draw for Arsenal. They'll get bulldozed I imagine.

Man City should do OK probably against Kiev though, and who knows which Chelsea will turn up against PSG...?

Other teams have huge injury problems too and they are still managing to cope. The fact of the matter is that LVG has spent a huge amount of money and is doing no better than Moyes who spent very little money.

Champions League draw - Arsenal vs Barca, surprise surprise.

First, we are not doing that bad actually, we are 4 points of the top with other teams also spending a lot.

Moyes inherited champions, LVG 7h placed team, with 3 leaders leaving, Carrick aging, Rooney getting worse, RVP getting worse.....

Moyes has spent 65m pounds, so not very little, as he didn't sell anyone and he brought f*cking Fellaini. I just don't see how is LVG not doing better than Moyes? Especially this season, we are not playing beautifull football, but when most of the players are ready, we are actually getting good results.

As I said it doesn't matter how much money you have spent if all of the players you have bought are injured, or only the prospects are healthy, but the players who should be ready to really influence the team are all injured.

I said that for the last game, I wasn't surprised as we have to many injuries in specific areas (10 players, all midfielders, or defenders). Both goals we concede were hughe mistakes (by GK and defenders).

It's not lik we didn't have chances to score, but we can't hit the blody targer. West Ham also, 20 shots, 1 on target. We can blame LVG on not enough attacking before, but in the last two games it had nothing to do with it, but with us not being able to hit the target. I do blame him for playing Fellaini as a CM, but again, I have no idea who can play it at the moment.

The injuries aren't the issue because we're not playing amazing football even when all of our players are available.

It doesn't make a difference if Rooney is there or not. He's no longer a guaranteed starter in my opinion and we seem like we're playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch this season. Tactically, he's not very disciplined as he drops deep FAR too often and this means that the likes of Martial are continuously isolated.

Van Gaal is pissing me off with his usage of Herrera, too. He wants to play this particular style of football, yet almost refuses to play the one person who would probably thrive in this system. Herrera is injured atm, but should be first name on the team sheet when he's available.

His subs are dreadful. You can probably count on one hand the amount of subs that Van Gaal has made that have impacted on the team in a positive way. His subs actually make the team worse, every single time. Champions League last week, took off Mata who set up the goal and looked great and kept Fellaini on, who looked useless. Saturday against Bournemouth, took off Fellaini who scored and looked dangerous, kept on Mata who played badly.

There are too many players not performing, but the manager serves as a motivator. If a player isn't performing, then bring somebody else in. At a club like Manchester United, there should be enough talent to keep the team fresh. This shouldn't change overnight because Fergie is no longer there. Letting players like Januzaj and Wilson go, who could both do a job, is the fault of the manager. Throwing in a player like Martial into every single game, giving him no service, isolating him up front with no pace alongside him and wondering why he isn't scoring is the fault of the manager. NOT taking off players who deserve to be subbed and subbing off players who are playing well is the fault of the manager.

Every United fan wants Van Gaal to do a good job and they want him to succeed. I want him to succeed. But, these fuck ups are his own doing. Pointing the finger at injuries is a coward's way out. They say that the league table doesn't lie. Well, I say that it does. We've been shit all season.

The injuries aren't the issue because we're not playing amazing football even when all of our players are available.

It doesn't make a difference if Rooney is there or not. He's no longer a guaranteed starter in my opinion and we seem like we're playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch this season. Tactically, he's not very disciplined as he drops deep FAR too often and this means that the likes of Martial are continuously isolated.

Van Gaal is pissing me off with his usage of Herrera, too. He wants to play this particular style of football, yet almost refuses to play the one person who would probably thrive in this system. Herrera is injured atm, but should be first name on the team sheet when he's available.

His subs are dreadful. You can probably count on one hand the amount of subs that Van Gaal has made that have impacted on the team in a positive way. His subs actually make the team worse, every single time. Champions League last week, took off Mata who set up the goal and looked great and kept Fellaini on, who looked useless. Saturday against Bournemouth, took off Fellaini who scored and looked dangerous, kept on Mata who played badly.

There are too many players not performing, but the manager serves as a motivator. If a player isn't performing, then bring somebody else in. At a club like Manchester United, there should be enough talent to keep the team fresh. This shouldn't change overnight because Fergie is no longer there. Letting players like Januzaj and Wilson go, who could both do a job, is the fault of the manager. Throwing in a player like Martial into every single game, giving him no service, isolating him up front with no pace alongside him and wondering why he isn't scoring is the fault of the manager. NOT taking off players who deserve to be subbed and subbing off players who are playing well is the fault of the manager.

Every United fan wants Van Gaal to do a good job and they want him to succeed. I want him to succeed. But, these fuck ups are his own doing. Pointing the finger at injuries is a coward's way out. They say that the league table doesn't lie. Well, I say that it does. We've been shit all season.

I agree with most of it, but when we have a almost full squad, we mostly do get the result. Not playing nicely, but we get the result, that's my point and I don't have a big problem with that, for now.

The injury problems I am mentioning have only to do with last league game (Wolfsburg game also, but he could have started Bastian-Carrick, instead of Fellaini-Bastian), as we really didn't have any defenders (I mean we did, but look at them....), and no real midfielders, only Carrick. At the and, just look at their goals and chances they had. If nothing, teams do not creat to much against us, even Leicester couldn't.

I agre about Rooney (but I have that opinion for a few years now), but again, he is better CM then Fellaini (and both actually suck).

I am 100% with you on Herrera.

When it comes to Januzaj and Wilson, I don't have a problem with them going on loan, just Januzaj should have gone somewhere else. They need more game time and none of them will get it here, but we should have left at least 2 older players (Nani, Hernandez, Rafael,....) for cover and to take over when our young players don't perform.

PS

O yeah, the subs.....

Edited by Kounan

Really have to question a managers "philosophy" when in 12 months he sells or releases Welbeck, van Persie, Hernadez, Di Maria, Falcao and Nani. And replaces them with one out and out attacking player who is a 19 year old unproven talent.

Apologies if I missed out a purchase it just proves what little impact that player has made..

Brilliant result for Leicester. Has there ever been a bigger fall for the champions of the previous season than what we are seeing with Chelsea? This season has been absolutely crazy and amazing at the same time! :D

Very good, I like how they have changed a bit how they play and are now much harder to break down.

Very good, I like how they have changed a bit how they play and are now much harder to break down.

I like how Chelsea have changed a bit how they play and are much easier to break down :grin:

I think it might be time to start taking this Leicester side seriously.

I'm still expecting it to stop at any moment... but it's just getting silly now!

I like how Chelsea have changed a bit how they play and are much easier to break down :grin:

I would laugh at that, but I support Man Utd, so not really someone who should laugh about other clubs :(.

I would laugh at that, but I support Man Utd, so not really someone who should laugh about other clubs :(.

You're 4th, 6 points off top. Simmer down for Christ's sake.

You're 4th, 6 points off top. Simmer down for Christ's sake.

And out of CL :D.

He wasn't talking about the results, more style of play :D.

And while I am a supporter of LVG and understand the situation, we often boring to watch, that is a fact.

Edited by Kounan

If Vardy and Mahrez get injured, it'll be interesting to see if there is more to this Leicester City side than we all think.

If Vardy and Mahrez get injured, it'll be interesting to see if there is more to this Leicester City side than we all think.

You realise we actually dropped Mahrez for 1 game, still won! :)

There are some horrible bastards about. I heard a cat meowing outside my door earlier and then I saw 4 blokes in Chelsea shirts playing football with it.

I was just about to phone the RSPCA when the cat went 1- 0 up.

Kante has been outstanding too, and they have a few solid defensive players. It's really interesting what's happening with Leicester, they have a mix of experience (Huth, Drinkwater, Simpson, Schmeichal) fantastic young talent (Mahrez, Kante) and players like Vardy who have worked their socks off to carve out a career.

Even if Leicester completely collapse and only get a point a game for the rest of the season, they'd still get practically 60pts which is almost always enough to qualify for europe, and the rate at which everyone is going something in the low 60's might even be good enough for a Champions League spot.

It'll be interesting to see if any pundits stick their neck out and say they think Leicester will maintain their form. Like I said in an earlier post, if they get through December with 7 or 8 points, or manage to stay unbeaten, they could be a serious threat.

Leicester City, Manager Slayers!

First Monk now Mourinho. Martinez better watch out!! :)

Rumours are that Hiddink will be the one to take over until the end of the season. BRING BACK, AVRAM LOL.

What's Scolari up to these days?